Photo

Ultimator Missle Problems

2 replies to this topic

#1 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:53 PM

So, I recently obtained an Ultimator and two missiles at a thrift store for $3.15. I was very, very happy. In fact, I was nearly in shock. Everything seems to be working fine, except the missiles don't have any fins. So this leads me to my question, should I glue some new fins onto them, or just leave them as is? The reason I ask is because I don't know if doing it will cause them to loose their value. I wouldn't think it would, mostly because now they are pretty much unusable but doing so would make them usable.

#2 serpent sniper

serpent sniper

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:38 PM

You pretty much answered your own question. If they're unusable then the value can only increase by making them usable.

An ultimator missile isn't some kind of antique. Glue some craft foam fins on it, you won't ruin the patina.
Animus GmbH My Custom Nerf Props and Paintjobs

#3 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

You pretty much answered your own question. If they're unusable then the value can only increase by making them usable.

An ultimator missile isn't some kind of antique. Glue some craft foam fins on it, you won't ruin the patina.

Yeah, that's what I was going to do. I guess only the gun is an antique, not so much the missiles. I might even make some homemade ones. I still can't beleive I got one of these for so cheap.

Edited by venom213, 22 July 2008 - 07:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users