Photo

Magstrike Clip Mod For A Magstrike Clip And Gun Mod

clip mod. read before voting

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Would a clip for a pvc homemade magtrike work

hot or not (or needs work)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:03 PM

as pretty much a rule i like to try to improve other mods or take a gun with a problem dismantle it and do something crazy to it ( i have made some funny mods doing this) . the magstrike mod for getting more range is what i am pondering. it is a mod by oodalumps.([url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12331&hl=]heres the link). The mod i am thinking of for this is buying some pvc that can slip on the barrels cutting it into as many groups of ten as you want. then attaching them together so you can slip them on the barrels (using what? you ask, Take your pick i would say epoxy or hot glue). so then you can have 1 or 2 real clip and as many others as you want. as for the darts slipping in i think you might have to use taggers because the head is bigger than the body of the darts so it might prevent them slipping in. Now you can vote
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#2 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:21 PM

One: Capitalization is your friend.
Two: From what I understand from your post is this: You want to make a faux clip out of PVC to slide over the PETG barrels for a quick load/reload? Am I getting this right?

Edited by Dayko, 22 July 2008 - 02:21 PM.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#3 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:40 PM

The title of this topic gave me a headache. :) What I am interpreting is that you want to make like, a speedloader? Kind of like this? or this?
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#4 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:58 PM

Hmm, well I like the concept of your idea. It seems like you want to make it so the MS clip stays in the gun pretty much all the tame and instead of swapping clips, you swap sets of barrels that are glued together. My guess would be that it could very well work, however the mag will be too heavy and it'll skip a lot or not move at all. Also, you lose compression from the gun to the mag, and if you were to put a new clip into the mag you'd lose even more. So if you were to somehow manage to get the mags to work right, the ranges wont look to good...
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#5 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:31 PM

The title of this topic gave me a headache. :) What I am interpreting is that you want to make like, a speedloader? Kind of like this? or this?

I think something closer to Humpty Dumpty would work better (see the Captain's second and third picture-ful posts in that thread). Ignore the flip-breech qualities, though.

I figure one would cut out the barrels (a la the CPVC'd magstrike mod), then put put in brass "stubs" that are one size smaller or larger than your barrel material.

Next, to put barrels on those. Brass would be "best" to go with the brass stubs, but other materials could be made to work; Maybe even PETG with brass inserts (or coverings) that are less than an inch long. I think that that would keep the weight low enough; after all, Angel put full-length brass barels on his.

The most difficult part would be the (fairly) precise machining required to make something that will hold the barrels together correctly (again, see the Humpty Dumpty). Or, I guess, you may be able to just glue them together...

And in expectation of someone like Splitlip asking: If anyone wants to try this "solution," go ahead (and just give me a little credit and Loki credit for the original -- if vague -- idea). I may get around to it eventually, or I might not.

Edit: I just wanted to make it clear that I think this is a pretty interesting and good idea, Loki. A Magstike clip is nearly impossible to make from scratch due to the nature of the advancement mechanism. This, however, would allow several inserts that would allow a reload time of seconds. Of course, this is what is provided by extra clips; however, one would not have to find someone willing to sell full clips or buy a whole MS just for the clip(s) in order to get more reloads. I would still suggest two clips though, because changing clips would probably be faster than changing inserts and so would be better for those emergency situations.

Edit 2: For those who want to go the speed loader route, you could try something like this. Either make two 5-dart speedloaders, or one that is able to reload all ten. I think the speedloaders would take up more space than clip-inserts, thugh.

Edited by jwasko, 22 July 2008 - 03:51 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#6 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:20 PM

The title of this topic gave me a headache. :wacko: What I am interpreting is that you want to make like, a speedloader? Kind of like this? or this?

there is no video for the second one and that was the idea
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#7 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:13 PM

With the size your speed loader would need to be you might as well just carry an extra clip or two.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#8 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:57 PM

Its not actually that cold skinny dipping up here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users