Photo

Whats The Point?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Largo

Largo

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:01 PM

I have always wondered what the point of having a Nerf gun that fires a large dart i.e the Titan is. Its not like they explode, and it seems they would be easily avoided, seeing as they are bigger.

So, what is the point of owning one?

#2 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:03 PM

People use those for things like role playing and indoor wars.

They are not easy to dodge 15 feet away in a small hallway.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#3 Largo

Largo

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

Ah, I see.

#4 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:15 PM

Ah, I see.

Sure, it's not practical, but I sure as hell feel more exhilarated firing a giant mega missle off of my titan that shooting a dart out of a nite-finder, would'nt you agree? Nerf is'nt always about practicality in a war. Nerf is just supposed to be fun.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#5 Kazimir

Kazimir

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:46 PM

Sure, it's not practical, but I sure as hell feel more exhilarated firing a giant mega missle off of my titan that shooting a dart out of a nite-finder, would'nt you agree? Nerf is'nt always about practicality in a war. Nerf is just supposed to be fun.

there's the important bit. It's a hobby. It's supposed to be fun. Performance doesn't matter. Cosmetic mods don't matter. Ranges don't matter. Rates of fire don't matter.

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#6 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 02:57 PM

I use the titan in much the same way many ppl throw a handful of darts and say "grenade." It has a 5ft blast radius (10ft dia) and anyone caught in it is out for 30sec. Needless to say I'm still looking for more rockets for it. It's fun indoors and outdoors.
Gimme back my bullets....

#7 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:17 PM

My clan uses it for some assault rounds, if the Titan rocket lands in a certain area of the base the game is over. Other than that, you're absolutely right.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#8 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:18 PM

a large dart i.e the Titan. Its not like they explode, and it seems they would be easily avoided, seeing as they are bigger.

I disagree. Yes, the ammo is larger, but generally larger darts are more accurate and, in my experience, harder to dodge.

My friend modified his nf to shoot megas. It seemed a little crazy at first because a nf that shoots micros gets more range than a mega'd nf, but he dominates with that pistol. The size of the dart gives it stopping power and, to some extent, the ability to shoot through bushes which is amazing.

As for the titan rocket, I can't say it can shoot through bushes and you'd be crazy to take a shot at more than about 30-40', but it makes a great defensive weapon at closer ranges.

Case and point, my friends used it to guard the flag in a ctf round and I was hit with it twice.
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#9 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

I'm fairly certain the reason behind larger darts is kinetic energy density. The larger impact area reduces the pressure of the impact so you won't get hurt. This must give Hasbro engineers a good excuse to make a more powerful gun.

Edited by Doom, 21 July 2008 - 04:24 PM.

#10 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:35 PM

I think doom is right, remember hasbro makes these for 8-year old billy and 7-year old jimmy to shoot at eachother. not so we can shoot them at eachother from 70' feet away.
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#11 Knud-Hansen

Knud-Hansen

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:27 PM

as much as i hate to say this, nerf guns are "meant" for kids and the idea of a large rocket launcher type of gun would catch a lot of attention, however once we take that toy and turn it into a deadly foam firing weapon its much more useful. and in terms of the titan, it has a huge air tank which can give you some major distance when you put a dart in there.
[size=4][i]-Knud-

#12 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:41 PM

I use the titan in much the same way many ppl throw a handful of darts and say "grenade." It has a 5ft blast radius (10ft dia) and anyone caught in it is out for 30sec. Needless to say I'm still looking for more rockets for it. It's fun indoors and outdoors.

Don't say "ppl". That is even a specific example from the CoC of aim-speak words not to use.

Knud-hansen: Also in the CoC is the recommendation of using proper capitalization.

On Topic: Rockets aren't practical, but they are quite fun. The titan is fun, but I like the ultimator. If you haven't fired an ultimator, you just can't imagine how great it is. The sound and recoil is beautiful. I can't imagine how it would feel to be in the heat of battle and take someone out with an ultimator rocket.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users