Photo

Clearance At Target

29 replies to this topic

#1 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:59 PM

Well I went to target today because I heard that CS found one of those spiderman wrist guns for $2, instead I found plenty of other stuff on clearance.

All nerf stuff was marked down a little, but not a considerable amount. Iron man magstrikes were about $13, WTTFBs were $15, and Spy Gear Signal Launchers were about $5. And I assume that those Spiderman Wrist Blasters would be $2, but I couldn't find any. I personally got a Signal Launcher, but it's annoying because it's leaking out the barrel and I threw away the box outside the store, but I probably wouldn't return it anyway.

The target I went to was the Super Target in Apple Valley, MN.

Edited by venom213, 19 July 2008 - 05:16 PM.

#2 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:04 PM

We have a topic for this, so you might want to search next time. Here it the topic Nerf product Awareness system

Edited by nerfer9, 19 July 2008 - 05:05 PM.

#3 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:08 PM

We have a topic for this, so you might want to search next time.

The product awareness topic? Well yes, I know. But I think this is different. People usually post new topics for this kind of stuff. Examples: The SMDTG half off thread and the Big Blast $5 thread. That thread covers new items at stores more so than sales and clearances.

Edited by venom213, 19 July 2008 - 05:14 PM.

#4 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:00 PM

Yeah, everything at my Target is on clearance. I got a crossfire for $7, and a NF for $5.
"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#5 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:07 PM

I can't find that darn spiderman gun slug found, but I did get a magstrike for 10 bucks (iron man).

#6 serpent sniper

serpent sniper

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:23 PM

Yep, my target had clearance on nerf as well. I wanted to find some spider man guns, but I did pick up a disk shot expansion for 8 bucks.
Animus GmbH My Custom Nerf Props and Paintjobs

#7 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:36 PM

My Local target had National Geographic Roto Rockets on clearance for 10 bucks. Huzzah!

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#8 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:41 PM

My Local target had National Geographic Roto Rockets on clearance for 10 bucks. Huzzah!

Did you go on ahead and buy them all? I have yet to look into those much. I was thinking about the milton brand on amazon but decided against it since it wasn't free shipping. I'm so cheap. Are they powerful?

#9 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:50 PM

Funny, I was looking for those NatGeo things, but I guess they were all gone. Live it up while you can everyone! I especially recommend buying the Spy Gear Signal Launcher.

#10 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 12:08 AM

Did you go on ahead and buy them all? I have yet to look into those much. I was thinking about the milton brand on amazon but decided against it since it wasn't free shipping. I'm so cheap. Are they powerful?

the Nat Geo guns shoot harder than a titan, I would strongly be against ever using them for darts(although I've done it a couple times as a way to make a makeshift primary out of an unmodded one), but as a way to shoot, Balls, Titan Rockets, and Mini-Vortex party favor footballs as viable war ammo, they are amazing. honestly, it actually shoots a titan rocket farther than a titan can.

so yes, I bought all I could, but sadly there was only one left, and it's just as iffy as my Uncle Milton one I got on amazon. My first Nat Geo gun was amazing, but it literally tore in half because of the torque my 1 1/2 inch ball-barrel coupler put on it. Sadness.

Edited by baghead, 20 July 2008 - 12:09 AM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#11 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:55 AM

Any news from the Target in Brooklyn Park (just off West Broadway, next door to Cub Foods?) I'd go myself, but I'm still recovering from being super sick.
Gimme back my bullets....

#12 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:33 AM

the Nat Geo guns shoot harder than a titan, I would strongly be against ever using them for darts(although I've done it a couple times as a way to make a makeshift primary out of an unmodded one), but as a way to shoot, Balls, Titan Rockets, and Mini-Vortex party favor footballs as viable war ammo, they are amazing. honestly, it actually shoots a titan rocket farther than a titan can.

so yes, I bought all I could, but sadly there was only one left, and it's just as iffy as my Uncle Milton one I got on amazon. My first Nat Geo gun was amazing, but it literally tore in half because of the torque my 1 1/2 inch ball-barrel coupler put on it. Sadness.

Sorry for bringing this thread so off topic, but what size barrel do you use for the vortex footballs?

#13 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:00 AM

My Target has seem to caught on to my need for Nerf guns and practically stopped selling them all together. They don't carry LS's, Recons, NF's,MS's, Titans, and BBB's. Now I'm pissed. Everything else is 1/2 of though!
EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#14 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:14 PM

My Target has seem to caught on to my need for Nerf guns and practically stopped selling them all together. They don't carry LS's, Recons, NF's,MS's, Titans, and BBB's. Now I'm pissed. Everything else is 1/2 of though!

My Target hasn't carried Recons or Titans for a while, they only have Iron Man Magstrikes, and they only had one BBB left in stock. But they don't carry LS or even NF's!?!? That sucks dude.
"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#15 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:31 PM

Well I went to target today because I heard that CS found one of those spiderman wrist guns for $2, instead I found plenty of other stuff on clearance.

I got it for $2 because I found it on a 30%-off endcap, it was in their salvage inventory and wasn't even in their barcode system anymore. When I took it to the cash register the shift manager just came over and asked me what I thought the MSRP price for it was and I replied "$5.99 I think". She then punched in $1.99 as the price.

At Target you should always make a point of checking the ends of the aisles.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 20 July 2008 - 05:32 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#16 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:38 PM

I got it for $2 because I found it on a 30%-off endcap, it was in their salvage inventory and wasn't even in their barcode system anymore. When I took it to the cash register the shift manager just came over and asked me what I thought the MSRP price for it was and I replied "$5.99 I think". She then punched in $1.99 as the price.

At Target you should always make a point of checking the ends of the aisles.

Thats exactly where I was looking. I also looked near the Spiderman toys. Those are usually about $10, so even your estimate was low.

#17 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:56 PM

Just today at Target I picked up two disk shot refill packs for the price of one. They were about 7 dollars a peice. I also pissed off the guy by paying in mostly coins.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#18 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 06:22 PM

Those are usually about $10, so even your estimate was low.

And the original MSRP was $15
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#19 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:50 PM

Wow, I must be unlucky.

My Target's Nerf section IS an end cap, and all they have are Longshots, BBBs, Dart Tag sets, Nite Finders and Mavericks.

My TRU has a decent supply, but no Magstrikes, and I really want one of those.
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#20 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:20 PM

2 store's section is an end cap with about 15 feet of wall facing that.

Clearance is rare at times at my stores since we are a college city (note OSU) and sell enough NERF that they don't need to have clearance.

You lucky dogs.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#21 mrcrouse1

mrcrouse1

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:58 PM

I have to get to my target, I was there monday, and everything was a whole 5% off... Hopefully they changed it now! Is it on all of the nerf stuff like the BBB?

#22 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 10:07 PM

Those newer star wars guns arent half bad with a shaved down cpvc barrel. Go for em.

#23 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:21 PM

All nerf stuff was marked down a little, but not a considerable amount. Iron man magstrikes were about $13, WTTFBs were $15, and Spy Gear Signal Launchers were about $5. And I assume that those Spiderman Wrist Blasters would be $2, but I couldn't find any. I personally got a Signal Launcher, but it's annoying because it's leaking out the barrel and I threw away the box outside the store, but I probably wouldn't return it anyway.

The target I went to was the Super Target in Apple Valley, MN.

What mod did you do to the ssgl im interested to know.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#24 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:53 PM

How much are the Spy Gear signal gun originally? I want to get one before DCNO, they allow those there right?
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#25 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:59 PM

How much are the Spy Gear signal gun originally? I want to get one before DCNO, they allow those there right?

I got both of mine for $10.00. I think they are allowed though.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users