Photo

At2k Integration Trouble

3 replies to this topic

#1 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:27 PM

I am currently trying to integrate a spare 2K into my crossbow in a way similar to Ryan201821's Green Monster, except with no/very little tubing sticking out. That bit is working well, but the little goo tube is giving me a lot of trouble. I would like to cut it off and plug it with hot glue/goop, but last time I did that it ended up ruining my 2K and even if I did it still doesnt look like it would fit. So the first idea that came to mind was to completely cut the goo gauge off, not just the tube but the whole orange thing with the rubber membrane in it. But I cant figure out, if I did that, how I would go along connecting the tubing to the tank. So does anyone know if it is possible to completely remove the goo gauge or relocate it or something, and if so could they please tell me how?
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#2 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:35 PM

Yes what you do is break off the orange piece and pull the old tubing off of the pump casing and replace it with 1/4" vinyl tubing. Then take a 1/4" or slightly larger drill bit and drill by hand using a clamp to hold the drill bit into the back of the air tank where the orange piece connected. put the new tubing in there and super glue/goop/epoxy what ever you want to do to hold it in and there you go no goo tube.

#3 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:44 PM

OK, that helps me a lot. Now all I have to do is get my hands on a drill...
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#4 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 04:58 PM

This is what I do.

Snap off the goo gauge, and cut off the existing tubing from the pump and replace it with 1/4" vinyl tubing. Drill a 15/64" hole in the back of the 2k's tank where the goo gauge used to be connected. Splice the vinyl tubing and you should be able to jam and twist the vinyl tubing into the tank. Use a little bit of hot glue to secure the tube in place. Connect the other end of the vinyl tubing onto the existing pump, or a new one if you choose. The vinyl tubing will never come out of place and you will have an airtight seal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users