Magstrike

True rapid fire(Maybe?)

11 replies to this topic

#1 poorrecon

poorrecon

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:18 PM

I was thinking the other day about taking a magstrike, sawing off the bladder/stock, and threading an air cord through the grip, to the trigger valve, then takeing the other end and attaching it to a big bladder inside a backpack.
This would enable the magstrike to be fired, reloaded, and fired again, and again, without having to pump up.(one would have to pump up before a war, but it would probably last the entire session. Does anyone think this is possible?
Would the trigger valve break under the pressure?

#2 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:23 PM

Captain Slug has done it.
Here is a Video
and here is the Topic

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#3 thaygor

thaygor

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:21 PM

Try searching next time.
Just remember you are unique, Just like everyone else!

#4 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:40 PM

This reminded me of an idea I had a while back. When I was looking at the Magstrike I noticed it resembled somewhat a paint ball gun with the tank jutting out the rear end. Then I thought, hey! What if we cut off the tank and did sort of what CS did but instead of a back pack tank/bladder, we could put an actual paint ball C02 tank! One of the 20oz. refillable ones, for those of us who can refill on at home, this could be very convenient. We could carry multiple clips and tanks and we might be able to get several clips out of one tank. Might not be as practical as CS's version, but for someone with the money and knowhow, this could work very well!!!

Sorry for the hijack.

-Banshee
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#5 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:10 PM

You should not use CO2 on Nerf blasters. CO2 is to cold and it will make the plastic brittle and break.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#6 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:34 PM

You should not use CO2 on Nerf blasters. CO2 is to cold and it will make the plastic brittle and break.

Yes, I realized that. However, my father said he knows of a way to refill those CO2 tanks with compressed air. The air wont be very cold at all.

#7 Your nerf killa

Your nerf killa

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:33 PM

Yes, I realized that. However, my father said he knows of a way to refill those CO2 tanks with compressed air. The air wont be very cold at all.

I am a paintball person myself. I suggest you don't fill co2 tanks with compressed air they will jack up on you. Just
buy a high pressure tank a.k.a compressed air, and my tank can hold about 4500 psi so its pretty good. :mellow:

Edited by Your nerf killa, 17 July 2008 - 10:33 PM.

" Talio likes to eat his own shit. " crispy

" Okay, I have a few things to say:

1. My shit is glorious.
2. Sitting around at a computer all day eating chips is fucking awesome.
3. I liked how you called me big meany head. I'll use that one next time Vacc calls me a faggot. " Talio

#8 Lion

Lion

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:35 AM

Why should you not fill a co2 tank with air?

#9 Tehmandude

Tehmandude

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:00 AM

Dayko's post should have about marked the line for this thread.
QUOTE(umdlancer @ Mar 25 2008, 04:29 AM) View Post

If you accidentally clock somebody with a doubleshot, then you're more liable to break the doubleshot than you are to cause serious injury.

PM me if selling a NIB or LNNB LnL.

#10 poorrecon

poorrecon

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:42 PM

The tank would be manualy pumped, not electric. So it's not the same.

#11 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:32 PM

I've already successfully hooked up Nerf guns directly to HPA paintball tanks.
http://nerfhaven.com...topic=8632&st=0
Posted Image
You can accomplish similar results with an inline regulator using APA adapters.

Why should you not fill a co2 tank with air?

Because CO2 tanks ARE ONLY RATED FOR CO2. When CO2 is under pressure it compresses to its liquid state, and the extreme cold created when firing with it is because it undergoes a phase change from liquid to gas during the dramatic pressure drop.
The static pressure of a CO2 tank is lower than that of an HPA tank of identical volume and shot capacity.

Plastic cannot handle the temperature shock that CO2 introduces. The problem will be heavily escalated by the volume of gas you will be using to fire darts.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 18 July 2008 - 02:37 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#12 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:33 PM

Never mind, CS just answered my question. Good job CS! I might try this when I get some money.

Edited by Banshee, 18 July 2008 - 02:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users