Pvc Probs

This annoys the heck out of me...

4 replies to this topic

#1 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:23 AM

I've been a somewhat serious nerf modifier for about a year now and my modded weaponry never seems to work as well as it should. Although this could have something to do with my modding skills (or lack there of) it actually seems to be with the barrel replacements I use. Unfortunately, I have needed to use copper barrels for all of my replacements because all of the 1/2 inch PVC in the Lowes and Home Depots in my area are to small to hold a dart. Do I need to do something to the dart/PVC to make it work? Or do I need to find another kind of PVC (I was thinking thin walled but there seems to be no such thing)? All help is welcome. Thank you in advance!
Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#2 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:11 PM

1/2 PVC will be loose on micros, and fit megas perfectly. If it is too small, I think you are using CPVC, which is very tight on micros. With this, you can take a 1/2 inch drill bit and bore out the CPVC so it fits your darts better. Copper is useless, buy brass instead, it is worth the extra money.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#3 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:19 PM

Why not get yerself some Petg from OMC and nest it in your 1/2"pvc? That makes a beautifull barrel for stefans.
You can do the same thing with 9/16th" thinwall that can be found in Pet fish stores. Its like the stuff used for the filter tubes.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#4 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:04 PM

I use 1/2in CPVC for all of my barrels. I use 1/2in FBR to make my darts with, and they fit in the CPVC. The fit is very tight, and it is hard to load if you have a CPVC breech.
-A side of nerf
Southeast Nerf Contingent

#5 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

If .5" schedule 40 PVC is too small for your darts, stretch your foam. Its on the first page of the dart making thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users