Wristblitzer Mod

Yet another mod by me

11 replies to this topic

#1 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:00 PM

Yet another gun that straps onto your wrist. You won't be opening it up unless you want to replace the spring which I don't have a replacement at the moment.
supplies
hacksaw
hot glue
screwdriver
Alright, here is your gun.
Posted Image

Here is how you fire it.
Posted Image

Now saw off the old stock barrel about a centimeter or so up from the bottom of the purple part and cut as close to the stock barrel as possible.
Posted Image

You will now see a little orange air restrictor inside of it.
Posted Image

Get it out with a sturdy yet small screwdriver. I just stuck a Phillips screwdriver inside of it and pried it out.
Posted Image

Now hot glue a piece of cpvc about as long as the old stock barrel onto the opening and in the end you have this.
Posted Image

34'
35'
38'
41'
42'
47'
50'
Total 287'
Average 41'

Edited by NerfCrazy, 17 July 2008 - 05:06 PM.

#2 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:10 PM

Not a bad write-up, but you don't have a finished product. You just repeated the same pic. If you could, post a pic of the final product, and can you explain better how it fires? How you explained it, is that how you prime it, or is that the trigger? Or is it just a pull-and-release type of gun?
EDIT: Oh, you edited your post with the final product, cool.

Edited by Bomberman, 15 July 2008 - 12:11 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#3 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:13 PM

It is like the spider man gun FA did a write up about.
You pull on the end of the plunger rod until it clicks and then you press on the orange piece and it fires.

#4 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:14 PM

Cool mod, but one suggestion: You should put a small piece of CPVC under the barrel to stabilize it.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#5 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:19 PM

Okay, now I see how it works. How powerful do you think this gun is? Compared to something like the strongarm? Or what kind of ranges do you expect of this? Mid 30's, low 40's?
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#6 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:36 PM

Cool mod, but one suggestion: You should put a small piece of CPVC under the barrel to stabilize it.

I don't understand, please explain more. If you mean where the cpvc attached to the old barrel that isn't hot glue at the bottom that is cpvc going all the way to the back.

Okay, now I see how it works. How powerful do you think this gun is? Compared to something like the strongarm? Or what kind of ranges do you expect of this? Mid 30's, low 40's?

Hopefully at least mid 30's, high or low 40's would be nice from such a small gun.

#7 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

Put a piece of CPVC half way up the barrel and it will stabilize it. It looks like it will break of if it hits the ground and during transportation.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#8 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:08 PM

I'm not worried about it breaking because you can reverse the wrist strap to wrap around the barrel and be sort of a shock absorber and there is a lot of hot glue on it.

#9 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • State:California

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:21 PM

It looks like the hidden shot strapped to a kiddie watch

#10 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:12 PM

That gun looks ridiculously hard to fire. Is it?
"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#11 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:25 PM

It looks like the hidden shot strapped to a kiddie watch

That's pretty much exactly what it is. Different color mold and the grip and trigger are gone, but it is the same gun.

That gun looks ridiculously hard to fire. Is it?

Not really. When the plunger/trigger is extended, the trigger button sits right within reach of your fingers. You fire it like you are spidey. Probably the only wrist-mounted gun I have seen from the older collections that doesn't interfere with other guns you may be holding.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#12 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:06 PM

Ranges are now up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users