Photo

Airsoft/nerf Hybrid

8 replies to this topic

#1 Matt31

Matt31

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:52 PM

I was messing around with my airsoft shotgun one day and realized that the air output was fairly significant. So, I simply glued on a CPVC coupler and attached a length of CPVC with some darts in it. I was surprised to find that ranges were in the mid-thirties. The length of CPVC acts like a clip, you can make them any length you want and stack the darts inside anyway you want, to achieve different things. For example, three darts spaced out in the CPVC fire one at a time or stack two right in the front then a big gap and two in the back for two double shots. And when the time comes to airsoft simply take of the CPVC (but leave the coupler on of course) and it fires as a normal airsoft gun.

Airsofting mode:
Posted Image

Nerfing mode:
Posted Image

Edited by Matt31, 11 July 2008 - 06:54 PM.

"Yet another nominee for the douche bag of the year award." -FA24

"Who the hell died and made everyone the Nerf prophet?" -Piney

#2 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:54 PM

A friend of mine has that EXACT shotgun! It hurts.... A LOT cool mod though ^^
Gimme back my bullets....

#3 nerfer192

nerfer192

• Banned
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:40 AM

I had this same gun, only it shot paintballs (small) and it said right on it DO NOT DRY FIRE which in this case you as dry firing it because there is no projectile in the chamber, only at the end of the barrel. Just letting you know that.
The first time I made stefans I made them without weights.

92% of teens have moved on to the N-Strike line.
If you are part of the 8% who still use real old guns,
copy and paste this into your signature

woot I use at3k.

#4 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:02 PM

I had this same gun, only it shot paintballs (small) and it said right on it DO NOT DRY FIRE which in this case you as dry firing it because there is no projectile in the chamber, only at the end of the barrel. Just letting you know that.

Nerf guns say right on the side "Do not modify darts or blaster". Do you listen to that as well? If there is something to slow the air coming out of the gun, it isn't dry firing anyway.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#5 Matt31

Matt31

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:11 PM

It doesn't say that on mine, and it wouldn't be a big loss either, its already been abused so much.

#6 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:38 PM

What were the ranges? Sweet job though
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#7 Matt31

Matt31

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:02 PM

I was messing around with my airsoft shotgun one day and realized that the air output was fairly significant. So, I simply glued on a CPVC coupler and attached a length of CPVC with some darts in it. I was surprised to find that ranges were in the mid-thirties. The length of CPVC acts like a clip, you can make them any length you want and stack the darts inside anyway you want, to achieve different things. For example, three darts spaced out in the CPVC fire one at a time or stack two right in the front then a big gap and two in the back for two double shots. And when the time comes to airsoft simply take of the CPVC (but leave the coupler on of course) and it fires as a normal airsoft gun.

#8 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:34 AM

I was kinda aiming more towards one dart not three.
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#9 Matt31

Matt31

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:57 PM

Three darts evenly spaced fire one at a time, and get the same range as just one, alone in the CPVC.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users