Ls Help Plz?

Second Time....

6 replies to this topic

#1 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:02 PM

so I was working on my LS today to rechamber it with brass (which I've already done successfully with my NF) and I put took much load on the front of the plunger tube and cracked it pretty severely. The plunger tube still holds pressure, but I'm worried that the crack in it will cause it to break eventually. I know pics would help, but I still can't find my digital cam, I think my bro stole it and lost it.

Can you guys offer some help?
Gimme back my bullets....

#2 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:20 PM

You could just buy a new one from someone here. Then again if you dont want to do that I would seal the cracks with goop or epoxy.

#3 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:37 PM

You could just buy a new one from someone here. Then again if you dont want to do that I would seal the cracks with goop or epoxy.

I sent a PM to keef because I know he collects broken LS's, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. I was thinking about just buying a new LS, but mine's a first gen, it's a lot tougher than the current ones.

#4 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:54 PM

well i say epoxy it and wrap it in e-tape or duct tape. If you can get a new one or do that, get a large piece of PETG to slide over it to keep it from breaking more.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#5 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:55 PM

It's just the front of the plunger tube where the bolt slides in and out, it's not the whole thing.

#6 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:14 PM

Pictures are worth a thousand words. And $1 each. :)

If all the parts are there, i.e. the cracks didn't crack of pieces of it, you should be able to just use Zap-a-Gap superglue or epoxy.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#7 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:45 PM

hmm... I might be able to just epoxy it and leave it at that. It still holds pressure and it still fits in the gun.

EDIT: Ignoring the problem and forging ahead.

Edited by Bullet Dragon, 11 July 2008 - 07:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users