I just realized something?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:32 PM

Okay, so we've all seen that post about the mega-vulcan. Now in that video it was able to shoot real darts and it was part of the video game. The nerf switch-shot is also a blaster, but it has the ability to hold a wii-mote. Is it possible that both of these new blasters are part of a new nerf wii game? Does the mega-vulcan also have the ability to hold a wii-mote? If so what other types of blasters will they come out with? No good game only has two guns, if this game has a mega-vulcan and a hand gun will they have a shotgun, and a rifle? Maybe this will be a longshot. Who knows. Please give your opinion on the topic and what you think about it, and if i'm right or wrong.

#2 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:44 PM

No, they just marketed the Nerf blaster with a Wii game for kicks.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#3 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:47 PM

No, they just marketed the Nerf blaster with a Wii game for kicks.

Thanks for the sarcasm, but on a serious note. I'd really like to understand what other guns hasbro will be coming out with for the nerf wii-blaster line.

Edited by NerfOnFier, 02 September 2008 - 10:48 PM.

#4 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:00 PM

I highly doubt that they plan on releasing any more at this time; the point of the Switchshot is to just have a generic nerf gun-thingy to use to play the nerf game.

If the game/accessory is successful enough, they may develop new Wii/blaster peripherals, but just because there is more than one type of blaster in the game does not mean that they will be coming out with more than one Wii/blaster peripheral.

In conclusion: rejoice that Hasbro is making a new, potentially useful blaster. Don't expect there to be more in the near future.

Edited by jwasko, 02 September 2008 - 11:02 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#5 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:05 PM

I highly doubt that they plan on releasing any more at this time; the point of the Switchshot is to just have a generic nerf gun-thingy to use to play the nerf game.

If the game/accessory is successful enough, they may develop new Wii/blaster peripherals, but just because there is more than one type of blaster in the game does not mean that they will be coming out with more than one Wii/blaster peripheral.

In conclusion: rejoice that Hasbro is making a new, potentially useful blaster. Don't expect there to be more in the near future.

I still believe it's possible that there will be a line of nerf wii-blasters, like the line of maxforce and cyberstrike, etc...

#6 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:52 AM

Isn't the wii remote made to, you know, move? How would the mega vulcan be a possibilty?
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#7 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:57 AM

I'm not exactly sure on the details, but think about it. If the switch shot uses a wii-mote the mote must be used as some kind of infared laser, so when you aim the gun it moves to where your aiming on the TV screen. Maybe it's the same way with the vulcan, just the switch shot will be able to move more where as the mega-vulcan will have to mostly stay stationary unless you feel like heavy lifting.

Edited by NerfOnFier, 03 September 2008 - 12:58 AM.

#8 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:56 AM

I'm not exactly sure on the details, but think about it. If the switch shot uses a wii-mote the mote must be used as some kind of infared laser, so when you aim the gun it moves to where your aiming on the TV screen. Maybe it's the same way with the vulcan, just the switch shot will be able to move more where as the mega-vulcan will have to mostly stay stationary unless you feel like heavy lifting.

The wii-mote has a small camera on the end, that senses the infared lights in the sensor bar.
Also, Im pretty damn sure there will be more blasters IN GAME, we only have like two screen shots. The mega-vulcan will not actually be made. They are not going to make two almost identical large and expensive guns.

#9 Z4

Z4

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:54 PM

To end this once and for all, the MEGA-VULCAN WILL NOT EVER BE RELEASED FOR SALE. It was a promotional tool used at tradeshows and events. NOF, do not posts rumors or speculation as fact.

OMC from the SwitchShot topic...
Z4 of the NIC
"We are here to have fun with the toys we love in a civilized and friendly manner."- Talio

#10 BustaDartInYOurAss

BustaDartInYOurAss

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:38 PM

I find it funny that .Z4.'s quote was directed toward you, and yet you still start a new thread about the mega- vulcan. Also, my opinion is that the switchshot will be the only nerf/wii gun that hasbro will be making.

-bustadartinyourass-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users