Sspb Mod

A Little Mod To Increase Air Output

16 replies to this topic

#1 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:12 PM

What this mod is for is to let you push the trigger all the way down and let all the air out at once.
Here is the SSPB in all its glory:( Or what little glory it has <_< )
Posted Image
As you can see I have already done a barrel replacement. The barrel is one inch 17/32 brass nested in one and a half inches of OMC's PETG.
To start the mod open your SSPB and take it out of the shell. Now that its out, you see the little "x" on the top where the trigger was:
Posted Image
Sand it down until it reaches the lip of the circle. After that it should look like this:
Posted Image
There now your done. Here is what it looks like put back together:
Posted Image

The ranges I got with out doing this mod I got about 30'. With this mod I got about 31-32'.
It doesn't increase range to much, but gives it a few extra feet.

PS

Sorry for the HUGE pictures, Photo Bucket isn't shrinking them down.

Edited by Dayko, 09 July 2008 - 08:26 PM.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#2 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:15 PM

What does sanding it down do?

#3 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:21 PM

Um good mod but I would think you would be geting a 20 or 30 ft increase in range.
Also I second KF.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#4 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:37 PM

I'm not exactly sure but I think it allows you to push the valve down farther, releasing more air

#5 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:18 PM

Here is the SSPB in all its glory:( Or what little glory it has :D )

You kidding? These things rock. Plug the pump and you get 70'. They're great holdout weapons.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#6 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:31 PM

70!?!?! I never get over 50...

#7 mrcrouse1

mrcrouse1

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 10:35 PM

Plug the pump? Does it really even have a release? It even says not to pump over 8 times, and even if you can plug it, it'll leak like crazy, most new ones leak anyways, at least the N-Strike ones do.

#8 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:08 PM

70!?!?! I never get over 50...

You're probably right. Way better than 30, though, and more than enough for the purpose of holdout. I should measure again, but I seem to recall 60 or 70 feet.

Plug the pump? Does it really even have a release?

Sure it does. You have to cut the end of the pump housing off to get at it, though. Some SSPBs can be touchy as far as leaky valves, but I've never had that problem.

Edited by Carbon, 08 July 2008 - 11:09 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#9 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:09 PM

Plug the pump? Does it really even have a release? It even says not to pump over 8 times, and even if you can plug it, it'll leak like crazy, most new ones leak anyways, at least the N-Strike ones do.

You have no idea what your talking about.
All nerf guns have a release, except maybe really old ones.

I get 40 feet with my extended tank, plugged pump SSPB.
I only use them for fun in my room.

Good mod Dayko, I'll have to try it!!!
Timothy M-Lick <3

#10 mrcrouse1

mrcrouse1

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:36 AM

Sorry, I was unaware, I'm going to go do that to mine then. Thanks. Also could you send my stuff soon? I've been waiting forever and really need that turret.

#11 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:32 PM

Sorry about not saying what the mod did. I thought I had said what it did in the write-up, but I was wrong.
I think my barrel is to short. I think thats why I'm getting so little range. I might try three for four inches of brass later. I have heard of these little beauts getting 70' but none of mine have over gone past 50'.

#12 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:38 PM

Sorry about not saying what the mod did. I thought I had said what it did in the write-up, but I was wrong.
I think my barrel is to short. I think thats why I'm getting so little range. I might try three for four inches of brass later. I have heard of these little beauts getting 70' but none of mine have over gone past 50'.

And you still haven't told us.

I don't see how this could help your range... the ONLY thing I can conceivably get out of this that could help would be that the trigger can move farther, thus opening the valve farther FASTER. But even that still doesn't make sense.

#13 DC12VOLT

DC12VOLT

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:17 AM

I've heard 70' from these from drilling the sides of the tank, glueing about 1 inch of 1/4" vinyl tubing per side in it, and then plugging the open end of the tube.
My arsenal (all of these are modded): 3xNF , 1xBBBB, 1xBBB, 2xDTG, 1xRF20, 1xWF, 1xPC, 1xT20 (I'll post my Effeminate mod soon), 1xIron Man MagStrike, 1xSSPB, 2xAT2K, 1xAT4K

From what I've seen it doesn't look like you can cut up the whole one-piece... thing

#14 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:19 AM

Wait.... so this is a pump gun? I thought it was the simplest of spring guns. *doesn't own any*
Gimme back my bullets....

#15 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:11 AM

Yep, the SSPB is a pump gun - the smallest available as far as I know. They are decent right out of the package (they equal stock Mav's at least) and are capable of much more with the mods mentioned above. I have a pair that I am working on as a special project. If I can ever find the time (between my wife, daughter, son-on-the-way, work, sleep and WoW) to finish, I'll be presenting it here.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#16 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:06 PM

And you still haven't told us.

I don't see how this could help your range... the ONLY thing I can conceivably get out of this that could help would be that the trigger can move farther, thus opening the valve farther FASTER. But even that still doesn't make sense.

I edited the write-up to say what the mod does. It is at the vary top of the write-up.

#17 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:38 PM

These suckers have loads of potential! The noob Tube!!!
EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users