Photo

Nerf Zapper Write Up

31 replies to this topic

#26 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:31 PM

Hey I got the same little gun at walgreen's and slapped a coupler on it and banded it and I'm getting about 30'.

30? I thought this was the same as the target gun... It gets 65 with a cpvc barrel and bands.

#27 BagOfChips

BagOfChips

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:41 PM

Damnit, you beat me to it!
I was planning on doing something similar with a broken Zapper and an old CF's internals. (I've also thought about placing BBBB internals into the shell of a Super Scope)

Still, I'll agree with NerfMonkey and Carbon on this one; It IS fucking awesome.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ Dec 3 2007, 03:36 PM) View Post

i just used a ball gun in a war yesterday. Every time i would pop out i would shout, very loudly

FEAR THE WRATH OF MY BALLS

#28 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:38 PM

Hey I got the same little gun at walgreen's and slapped a coupler on it and banded it and I'm getting about 30'.

30? I thought this was the same as the target gun... It gets 65 with a cpvc barrel and bands.

It is a lot smaller than the ttg.

#29 LoneKiltedNinja

LoneKiltedNinja

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:36 PM

NerfCrazy, I think I'm missing the context of that last post, but that's okay.

On the topic, I didn't realize you'd already posted the mod, but commented in the thread where you introduced the Zapper mod that you might try it with TTG internals. They're pretty slender, particularly past the plunger proper, and if you can make them fit, the gun has decent power.

#30 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:50 AM

NerfCrazy, I think I'm missing the context of that last post, but that's okay.

On the topic, I didn't realize you'd already posted the mod, but commented in the thread where you introduced the Zapper mod that you might try it with TTG internals. They're pretty slender, particularly past the plunger proper, and if you can make them fit, the gun has decent power.

If I understood you the plunger tube is really small in the off brand ttg. Yes it looks like a ttg but it is so small that some people may not even be able to fit their finger in the trigger hole. it is maybe 3/4 the size of the ttg.

#31 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:27 PM

Maybe you could use a cf plunger tube.
Also, would you be able to compare the off brand plunger tube with a nf or cf one?

A CF plunger tube is not nearly as good as the off-brand blaster. I have one of the off-brand blasters and as you can well see it has a normal plunger design, the CF has a reverse plunger, which is not only inefficient but also smaller.

I wasn't really thinking about the plunger set up I was thinking of the size.

Do you know how to read?
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#32 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:44 PM

Maybe you could use a cf plunger tube.
Also, would you be able to compare the off brand plunger tube with a nf or cf one?

A CF plunger tube is not nearly as good as the off-brand blaster. I have one of the off-brand blasters and as you can well see it has a normal plunger design, the CF has a reverse plunger, which is not only inefficient but also smaller.

I wasn't really thinking about the plunger set up I was thinking of the size.

Do you know how to read?

Yes I know how to read. Since I didn't have a comparison nor have I seen the off brand zapper I didn't know how big the off brand ttg plunger tube was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users