Photo

Wrist Blitzer

21 replies to this topic

#1 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 01:49 PM

I was just given one of these and has anyone come up with anything useful to do with them.

#2 Nerfer16

Nerfer16

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 01:57 PM

I own one, and it is worthless, as far as I can tell! :wacko:
Nerfer16 of the Seattle Tactical Nerf Team
Nerf on!

#3 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 02:08 PM

That's cool it was free.

#4 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 03:25 PM

neh there ok if you need an element of surprize but they only get in the way during a real nerf war. Use them for a prank against your siblings if anything.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#5 Sylent Blade

Sylent Blade

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 04:33 PM

What's this Wrist Blitzer? I have something that wraps on your wrist, and then you pull out the orange plunger, and you fire it by tapping the plunger, like Spider Man supposedly fires webs from his hand. Works the same way. Is this the Wrist Blitzer? If so, how could you day it's usless? It could go on your pumping hand, and then while you re-load, you could hold your own using it... quite "Covert S.W.A.T" style, if you think about it. I believe it's a pretty cool little blaster, might even save your ass one day. I'm thinking I could give what ever I have, a spring stretch, and maybe a brass barrel, like, 3 or 3 1/2 inches. So anyways, is my gun what you are discussing?
Sylent Blade

http://cam-m.cjb.net

#6 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 05:11 PM

No, I have the gun you mean, dont waste a brass barrel on it, the air output is too small for a barrel, or use.
ko

#7 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 05:15 PM

Yes, that's the Wrist Blitzer alright. http://www.nerfcente...ristBlitzer.htm

I have one too... And frankly, I don't think it's worth modding if you're gonna keep it on your wrist. If you really wanted to you could make it into a spring version SSPB. The plastic with velcro that holds it on doesn't feel very sturdy since there is only 1 strap. Also, I would find it hard to pump let alone hold a gun with that Wrist Blitzer strapped on. Still, it's one of those novel guns that it would be fun to see a mod for, with ranges.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#8 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 06:04 PM

Err, sorry, my bad.
ko

#9 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 06:22 PM

Well it oficaly wen't into the crappy pile.

#10 Sylent Blade

Sylent Blade

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 06:37 PM

Yeah, I guess modding it with brass is a waste. Copper anyone? Maybe a little heavy, but hey, couldn't hurt. I'll see what it does, might be fun. I bought that gun when I was 7 years old, on my holiday in Florida. Nice place. I wanted that thing sooooo bad, and when I got it, it's all I played with. I don't know, wicked cool gun, wicked crappy performence. Thanks for identifying this gun for me. And for the record, is this gun worth anything? My friend sorta wants it.
Sylent Blade

#11 Ares

Ares

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 08:28 PM

I have two. I'm in the process of modding them. Thy mod shall be located on they nerf website as soon as thy self gets off thou posterior.
The Greek God of War
Unseen

#12 Nerfer16

Nerfer16

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 01:25 PM

I find them almost useless to use on the wrist, but someone might be able to mod them and then integrate them. At least they would be off your wrist. That would prevent a few more misfires
Nerf on!

#13 Sylent Blade

Sylent Blade

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 03:55 PM

...but someone might be able to mod them and then integrate them...

Kid is smart. You could rip off the band and glue the gun to the side of your gun. Sort of like I did. Just now. Yeah. Wow, didn't think about that till this morning, when I woke up and saw it sitting on my desk... anyways, I just glued it onto my SM5k, works pretty well as a reload weapon, to protect yourself, or as precautionary secondary.
Sylent Blade

#14 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 04:01 PM

Worst decision youve ever made. It shoots a total of 10 feet, and must use Nerf megas because of the peg. The only thing I see useful in that gun is to use it for spare parts.

Edited by THIRST, 17 December 2003 - 04:01 PM.

ko

#15 Sylent Blade

Sylent Blade

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 04:02 PM

Mine shoots stock micros... and it shoots farther than that for me, and it's unmodded... not even touched.
Sylent Blade

#16 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 04:18 PM

Saw off the barrel, add a new barrel connected by vianl tubing, and make it shoot stefans. You cant internally mod it because its sealed, and if you do open it, its gonna be a bitch to seal it up again wth glue.

Edited by THIRST, 17 December 2003 - 04:18 PM.

ko

#17 Exis

Exis

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 04:19 PM

I'm with Sylent on this one. For little extra cost, they seem like a fine reload wep. Though I dunno about GLUING it onto mine... I might want to take it off. Also, It would be great if someone could change the firing mechanism. In fact, I'll do just that. I'll post my results ASAP.

-Coop
I'm a noob... so sue me...

#18 Nerfer16

Nerfer16

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 04:50 PM

I would just tape it on with duct tape. Also THIRST, you must be talking about a different gun because the wrist blitzer shoots micros stock.

Edited by Nerfer16, 17 December 2003 - 04:51 PM.

Nerf on!

#19 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 05:42 PM

No, sorry, it came with megas, and shoots megas.

Exis, I doubt you could change the firing mechanism because

1) its sealed shut, so you are gonna have a tough time opening that thing
2) Your gonna have a tough time closing it
most importantly...
3) the way it works, is that the plunger catches on a small knob in the plunger tube(my best guess) and a slight tap on the plunger with send it past the knob making it fire. You could try, but I guess well just haveto wait and find out.

Edited by THIRST, 17 December 2003 - 05:42 PM.

ko

#20 Sylent Blade

Sylent Blade

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 05:49 PM

I'm with Sylent on this one. For little extra cost, they seem like a fine reload wep. Though I dunno about GLUING it onto mine... I might want to take it off. Also, It would be great if someone could change the firing mechanism. In fact, I'll do just that. I'll post my results ASAP.

-Coop

Oops, when I said glue, I meant hotglue. That stuff is strong, put if you bend it, it pops right off. Tape is another, more messy and less cosmetically pleasing alternitive to glue. I believe it works fine, could save you ass, and most importantly, it is SO small. You can't even notice it's on there, and it is very easy to shoot. I have an idea to cut off the barrel, and effectivly, make a new one of copper and put an endcap on it. I'll then put vinyl tubing through a small hole, and attach it to the rest of the barrel stub on the gun. I'll make the tub long enough that I can put the new barrel onto of my main one, and then tape it. My trigger/plunger will be faced my way, making it sort of backwards, so that I can put the plunger/trigger near my main trigger, for easy firing. I'll draw up something...
Sylent Blade

#21 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 17 December 2003 - 05:55 PM

Thats what I said, witht the vinal tubing and all, but that idea is great. The only problem s that it doesnt put out enough air to go through the vianl tubing, and launch a stefan 5-70 feet or whatever you want it to be. Its just not gonna happen.

And hotglue is very weak when glueing any type of plastic. Just use plumbers goop, and if you wanna take it off, just rip it off. Hot glue is way too weak.
ko

#22 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 18 December 2003 - 03:12 AM

THIRST- #1- if hot glue works for him (which it absolutely should) let him do it that way.

#2- are you sure we're not talking about different guns? Look at NC, the WB fires Nerf Micros.

Good work with the integrations boys, let us see some pics when you get them looking nice.
"The 'dance goes on..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users