12 replies to this topic

#1 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:19 PM

Note:My sister took my camera to a class so I currently don't have it.. :ph34r:

I had an un-modded Maverick lying around and decided to open it up. I did Bag's Maverick mod, the russian roulette mod, and the penny mod. Anyways, I cut the two pieces that are needed to be cut off for the russian roulette mod. Theres a problem though. Picture the maverick barrel in your mind. On the top part of the barrel near where the darts go, there is a gray piece that slides into the Maverick's foundation. So I slipped it in and closed my gun up, and was a happy camper. Wrong. I pressed the black button on the side of the gun and thought that the barrel would go farther out than it did stock. I was wrong again. The back gray part of the barrel comes out, but the front gray piece seems like it is "stuck" in the gun. So my barrel barely comes out enough for me to load a dart. Also I'm getting terrible ranges from it too. Like 10-20 feet. :( If anyone can help me with these problems (barrel and range) that would be terrific. Thanks guys!

-John :o

Edited by Noodleownz, 05 July 2008 - 10:19 PM.

It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#2 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:22 PM

My guess is you didnt sand the front enough... I think we might have to wait for pictures to help...

#3 philadel Elite

philadel Elite

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:23 PM

Are you sure you cut the right peice? That happen to me when i first started it. Had to take the bitch apart, realzing i didnt cut the one peice..

Try forcing it out.
if you brake it, its alrite, because you already bought it =D

#4 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:38 PM

Are you sure you cut the right peice? That happen to me when i first started it. Had to take the bitch apart, realzing i didnt cut the one peice..

Try forcing it out.
if you brake it, its alrite, because you already bought it =D

I cut the right piece. It's also sanded pretty well. Why would I want to break it?
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#5 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:40 PM

It just popped into my head... I think I know why its not working. You put the spring on the wrong side of the turret when assembling it.

#6 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:40 PM

We would need pictures to really help but mavericks aren't all that great in the first place. Are you sure you cut the correct pieces off because in the back there are two pieces and in the front there is one if I remember correctly.

#7 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:44 PM

We would need pictures to really help but mavericks aren't all that great in the first place. Are you sure you cut the correct pieces off because in the back there are two pieces and in the front there is one if I remember correctly.

Guys, I cut everything like the mod told me to. The yellow piece near the barrel, and the little piece on the front gray piece so I don't know what the problem is. I might be able to get pictures up tomorrow.
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#8 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:46 PM

Check the little spring!

#9 philadel Elite

philadel Elite

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:48 PM

lmao

Kid flash is right i forgot about the damn spring!

#10 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:50 PM

got the spring already. :P
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#11 philadel Elite

philadel Elite

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:00 PM

Maybe your metal rod isnt put in right..
You really need pix

#12 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:08 PM

Put the spring onto the other side.

#13 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:23 PM

((Lots of reading warning))

I've done this mod 5 times and never had a problem with it. I cut the nub off at the front on the gray thing, and I cut the yellow (blue on mine) nub at the back on the shell, just above the orange hex connector. Pics would help greatly, but I think when you reassembled the turret, you didn't get the pieces of plastic that keep the turret attached to the gray pieces down all the way. That happened to me the third time I did the roulette mod because I was tired when I did it.

As for the range, add 5 pennies behind the spring, get some Harvey's Silicone Grease ($1.99 at Home Depot in the plumbing section, be sure to ask for the stuff in the white disk-like container) and GENEROUSLY apply it to the o-ring, also apply a little to the inside of the plunger tube (about the front 1/2".) Also, be sure to pull the ARs from the turret, which I'm sure you didn't do according to your ranges.

To remove the ARs, disassemble the gun, get a number 2 philips-head screwdriver and slide it under the gray part at the front of the turret assembly and set the back of the turret assembly on a surface and hold it there there's a spring in the back that likes to go flying if you don't. Pry slowly until it it comes apart, then carefully flip it over, being sure to not lose the spring and small plastic piece. Unscrew the screws on the back of the turret and hold it over a trashcan, then pull the back of the turret off, dumping the ARs and their springs into the trash.

Now, ppl say the base of the dartpeg is useless, but you need it to keep the air from being dumped into the hollow turret, so snap the dartpeg off, but put the base back in the turret to keep the seal it provides. Once all six dartpegs are snapped off and their bases attached, reassemble the turret, then reassemble the turret hanger assembly, being sure to put the spring back in along with the little plastic piece that came off. You need a hard object and a hard surface to ensure you get the plastic piece seated all the way down.

Once completed, reassemble the gun and it should shoot 40-50ft with properly fitting stefans or Streamline darts.

Edited by Bullet Dragon, 05 July 2008 - 11:28 PM.

Gimme back my bullets....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users