Other Projects

PICTURES PLEASE

119 replies to this topic

#26 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:18 PM

One of my other hobbies is Baseball, which I know tons of people have, and I have't exactly taken a picture of myself throwing a pitch. But my other main hobby is Remote Controlled Cars. I just got the new E-Firestorm for my birthday about three days ago or something. It's already broken. sad.gif (Too big of a jump. blush.gif ) I have to go mess around with the steering servo and the transmission gearing tonight. And the last hobby I have, very new, is Mario Kart Wii. I got that for my birthday as well, and I think it is one of the funnest games I have ever played. I haven't tested the Nintendo WFC on it yet. I've already unlocked like half the characters and almost beaten 150cc!

This is not a hobbies thread. I'd love to see pictures of your Remote Controlled Cars though, if you've modded them that is.

and reading the dangerous book for boys. I also love my air rifle.

This is not a hobbies thread. I've love to see pictures of one of your bows, however.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#27 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:05 AM

I didn't know if drawings were ok here, but I guess they are. I drew both of these pictures during my worthless theater class last semester. I don't know why I tend to draw pictures of myself when I'm bored, but anyway:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#28 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:15 AM

I have a neat little project in my basement: An HO scale train set modeled after the TV show Green Acres. Has 70+ feet of track and the tallest mountain stands 4 feet tall.
Posted Image
NOTE: this is NOT my set. just an example of something very similar to one of the sections.
I am also building a HO scale Oil tanker Edumund Fitzgerald.
My friends and I also make some pretty sick HALO 3 forge maps.

Edited by Philote, 16 July 2008 - 09:17 AM.

EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#29 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:56 AM

I used to do HO, but with N scale you can fit a lot more in.
Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#30 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:41 PM

That's. Awesome.

Too bad it's not yours... can I see yours?

The oil tanker sounds shweet, too.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#31 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 02:39 PM

Nothing to do one summer week...
Posted Image
(Horrible quality camera phone picture)
Guitar Hero Guitar. Yeah, I know, real guitars are cooler, but that's beyond me. I'll stick with the game.

#32 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:09 PM

That's. Awesome.

Too bad it's not yours... can I see yours?

The oil tanker sounds shweet, too.

Sorry, I don't own a camera and because I can't move my computer downstairs or my set upstairs, I could only manage one of my trains. Supped up a little with custom decals.
Damn ImageShack.
EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#33 barnes

barnes

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 03:51 PM

Posted Image

I've been learning to kitesurf..slowly.

Posted Image

We have an awesome hacker / maker scene in Philly. www.MakePhilly.com www.The Hacktory.org

Posted Image

I was building an arcade cabinet before my brother destroyed it.

Posted Image

I wired a key lock to my computer....as if there was something to protect in the computer... :lol:

Posted Image

Photoshop is fun.

Posted Image

I built a 'Brainwave Machine' out of Make Magazine....that thing is surprisingly fun.

Posted Image

We just got a Fab@Home 3D Printer at our Hacker space in Philly, The Hacktory.

Theres probably more I am forgetting, but thats it for now, as I'm done here at work.

#34 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:02 PM

I like the arcade... Where did you get the buttons and such? Also, how did you wire it?

#35 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:26 PM

I will be definitely checking out the Hackatory.. Thanks for posting it; I've been looking for something like that.
Teehee.

#36 barnes

barnes

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:55 AM

I like the arcade... Where did you get the buttons and such? Also, how did you wire it?

I bought the buttons from an arcade wholesaler. I used a controller board called the iPac to wire it, but if I were to do it again, I would just wire the buttons directly to an old keyboard. Its cheap, and works perfectly. I wrote a journal along the way building it, its been awhile since I looked at it, but the page is here: http://thelowtech.com/mame-cabinet/

If you have any questions let me know, I loved building that arcade, and I'm happy to help out.

I will be definitely checking out the Hackatory.. Thanks for posting it; I've been looking for something like that.

Definitely come out during our next open hack. We are on the verge of getting the fabber working, we have a 2'x2' vacuum former, we just for 14 soldering stations, and just picked a fight with NYC Resistor. (our rival hacker space.) Needless to say, there is going to be some awesome stuff going on soon.

#37 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:17 PM

My makeshift table saw.
Posted Image
The blade,
Posted Image
Posted Image
It is a jigsaw mounted onto a platform.
Posted Image
So there you have it, a table saw.
-A side of nerf
Southeast Nerf Contingent

#38 barnes

barnes

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:32 PM

My makeshift table saw.

The blade,

It is a jigsaw mounted onto a platform.

So there you have it, a table saw.
-A side of nerf

How do you keep it to stay on with out holding the trigger? Did you wire a rocker switch in replace of the momentary one in the trigger?

Edited by barnes, 18 July 2008 - 03:33 PM.

#39 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:39 PM

If the button above the trigger is what I think it is then it is to keep the Jig Saw going with out holding the trigger down. My Jig Saw has one of those buttons.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#40 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:51 PM

Yes, there is a button to keep the trigger depressed. I also plug it into a outlet with an on/off switch so I don't have to reach under the table everytime to turn the saw off.
-A side of nerf
Southeast Nerf Contingent

#41 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:04 PM

Ok, I'm a little bit late.

The solid-state amp that I built for my guitar:
Posted Image
Its based off the Little Gem plans from here.

Learning guitar is a project in itself
Posted Image
The black one is my new guitar (Epiphone Les Paul Special II) the Strat lookalike is a really obscure guitar made by Hohner, when I search the model number on google I get no results. It was also my first guitar.

My Nitro R/C car, a Traxxas Nitro Sport, currently being rebuilt:
Posted Image

My tater tot shooting cannon:
Posted Image
It could be adapted in seconds to fire Nerf darts, because the barrel is totally removable. In case your wondering what PVC size fits tater tots, I used 3/4in thinwall. They fit perfectly and fly about 200ft.

And, I didn't think this mod deserved its own thread, especially since I don't have write-up pics. Its a flashlight built inside the "laser" module of a NF.
Posted Image
Off^
Posted Image
On^
Posted Image
In the dark^

I have a self propelled lawnmower that I want to make into a go-cart too, but I don't have pics of it.

Edited by analogkid, 24 July 2008 - 10:05 PM.

#42 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:34 PM

Since It got dug up... I'll join in:

As some of you guys know, I'm a Plush Toy designer, I won't post a bunch of pics here, I'll post a couple small previews:
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

You can go to my website www.bagscreatures.com, or view my more up-to-date Deviant Art gallery Here: n8tehbaghead.deviantart.com or check out what I have for sale in my etsy store: BagsCreatureCo.etsy.com

I also do a lot of other art stuff, mostly mixed digital media work like this:
Posted Image
Or Vector-work like this:
Posted Image

I also do a lot of Print and Web design stuff, but I don't have much of it up on the internets right now...

I've made a few short films, my most recent being :D-wayne Makes A Friend and I'm currently in the middle of an animated short done in Flash.

And I've dabbled in custom painting things other than my nerf guns
like my buddy Pilz's bass:
Posted Image
Posted Image

-Bags

Edited by baghead, 24 July 2008 - 11:48 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#43 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:37 PM

I want commander squishy.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#44 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:49 PM

http://www.etsy.com/...ing_id=13662912

he could easily be yours...

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#45 laxtk88

laxtk88

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:50 PM

I concur.

*sigh* If only I was able to buy things over the internet.
QUOTE(Sleebo @ Jun 12 2008, 07:23 PM) View Post

Just for the record, my mother is the most beautiful women in the world.

#46 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 02:20 PM

Here is my usb plug-in vacuum. I still need the usb cord but my dad is getting me one today.
The body is made out of I believe 2" pvc, the fan is sanded down and stuffed inside with hot glue to make it airtight around the edges. It is about 5.5" tall. It was very hard to make the cone on the end.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Here is the link on how to make one.

#47 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:38 PM

YES...I CAN READ YOUR THOUGHTS!!!

Well, this isn't so much a project as another hobby, but I didn't feel like necroing that old topic, so here it is. As I've stated a few places here, my other hobby is performing illusions and doing magic shows. I suppose I'm best known for "mind-reading" or whatever you want to call it when I predict the future and discern thoughts. Anyway, here's a clip of me performing an effect...it's definitely not my best effect or my best performance (it's one of my earliest stage shows), but it's worth watching.

http://www.metacafe....ard_prediction/

#48 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:20 PM

So you're a magician?

#49 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:41 PM

That vid was really cool.

#50 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:10 PM

So you're a magician?

Yeah, pretty much. I don't do it full time or anything, but occasionally I'll do a gig. It's fun and sometimes I can make a few hundred bucks an hour so I enjoy it.

That vid was really cool.

Thanks. I'll put some more videos up when I get around to it. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Edited by imaseoulman, 04 August 2008 - 11:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users