Photo

What Nerf Guns Would You Want Re-released?

46 replies to this topic

#26 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:26 PM

Thats assuming the Vulcan doesn't suck balls.

A re-release of a some sort of Dart-Tag manta ray would be cool, and semi-plausible, other than that, some sort of Manual rotating turret(a la AT2K or SM1500) gun would be tight.

#27 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:31 PM

I'm sure everyone who already owns an XBow would oppose a rerelease.

Well yeah, but the only problem is that Dark Shrimp took em all and now we can't get Xbows.

+1 for re-releasing Xbows, tho it will never happen.
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#28 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:26 PM

Well yeah, but the only problem is that Dark Shrimp took em all and now we can't get Xbows.

I'm sure it's possible. Look at the Buzzsaw. It was originally released in the same wave of blasters (except it was called the "RipSaw) as the XBow, so, it's certainly possible.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#29 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:28 PM

The entire Supermaxx line would be nice to see re-released. I would like the Supermaxx 1.5k to be re-released in particular because I love it as a primary gun, as it has great accuracy, rate-of-fire, and reload time. Not to mention it comes in a reasonably small package.
We're not discouraging people from joining a Nerf forum, we're discouraging them from joining this forum. It's an important distinction because, frankly, we don't give a shit. The Haven was created to escape the idiotic masses, now they're all here. -cxwq

#30 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:12 PM

I'm sure it's possible. Look at the Buzzsaw. It was originally released in the same wave of blasters (except it was called the "RipSaw) as the XBow, so, it's certainly possible.

It was pulled because of a lawsuit.

#31 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:01 PM

Any proof?

#32 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:04 PM

It was pulled because of a lawsuit.

I don't think so. I's listed on Hasbro's store.
Link!

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#33 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:10 PM

The buzzsaw was?

#34 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 07:23 PM

He's talking about the x-bow, and I'd love to see some proof of that lawsuit...

#35 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:50 PM

I would LOVE to see the SuperMaxx 1000 get fixed up and re-released. Seriously, it's one of the coolest guns out there.

#36 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:13 AM

For some reason, I always found the cyberstryke line fascinating. It would be kind of cool if they re-released those, especially the Defender T3. And I've always wanted to see how a strongarm performs...

My StrongArm sucks balls. My brother's does too.

Aww, really? How much balls?
Have you tried modding them?
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#37 laxtk88

laxtk88

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:20 AM

Captain, you have been PMed.
QUOTE(Sleebo @ Jun 12 2008, 07:23 PM) View Post

Just for the record, my mother is the most beautiful women in the world.

#38 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:16 PM

I would LOVE to see the SuperMaxx 1000 get fixed up and re-released. Seriously, it's one of the coolest guns out there.

Heck yeah! I mean, with like 100-foot range, great accuracy, awesome old school look, only 3 pumps to fill, and a turret, what could be better?
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#39 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:52 PM

Nerf should re-release the LNL with the bbb as a twin pack. I would like for nerf to start producing air tech, supermaxx, and a new version of the cyberstrike guns again. In addition if I get one I will try to make molds of the x-bow and have a small factory re-releasing them in my garage. keeping the general value up and still providing the NIC with multiple cheaper x-bows. Though we may soon see a new version come out that will need extensive mods to function like the original.

*Edit*I've wanted a PC for a very long time

Edited by balisticjoe, 07 July 2008 - 07:01 PM.

#40 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:00 PM

Nerf should re-release the LNL with the bbb as a twin pack. I would like for nerf to start producing air tech, supermaxx, and a new version of the cyberstrike guns again. In addition if I get one I will try to make molds of the x-bow and have a small factory re-releasing them in my garage. keeping the general value up and still providing the NIC with multiple cheaper x-bows. Though we may soon see a new version come out that will need extensive mods to function like the original.

Wow, that was a massive spewing of bullshit.

If you were to make a mold of the Crossbow so you could reproduce them, which is the first level of your bullshit, I'm pretty sure that you could be sued for copyright infringement. Who do you think you are, China? Any reproduction without permission from the original manufacturer of the product constitutes a violation, though I really doubt you could reproduce them and I know you would never get permission.

The other line of shit is this so-called new version. Where are you getting you info?

I hate when threads like this come up. It's great to wish for something to return, but it won't happen. If they haven't recreated these guns by now, they aren't going to happen at all. I'm happy with what is available now and don't see a need for anything to be brought back.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#41 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:17 PM

In case you guys haven't noticed the lnl was rereleased. Something called the nf and it even shoots better than a lnl.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#42 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:04 PM

I think people like the Lock n' Load not only because of it's performance, but because it looks cool, DarkShrimp. The Nitefinder is not like the LnL at all, besides being spring powered. Personally, I find NF's to be sort of ugly. So they're different, it doesn't really make sense to say that the LnL was re-released as the NF. It makes sense to say that the NF filled the demand for a high performance pistol, where before the best available was the sought after Lock n' Load.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#43 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:23 PM

I believe the nf was replaced by the nf, which was replaced by more nfs, which was finally replaced by the disc shot...

#44 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:29 PM

Any proof?

Coulda sworn there was a lawsuit, or someone got hurt or anything like that. Considering people say it wont happen.

Anyone know if there was any weird reason why the Xbow was discontinued?

#45 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:37 PM

I believe the nf was replaced by the nf, which was replaced by more nfs, which was finally replaced by the disc shot...

The Disc Shot isn't there to replace the NF. It's just a NF variant for the Disc Shot system.

Any proof?

Coulda sworn there was a lawsuit, or someone got hurt or anything like that. Considering people say it wont happen.

Anyone know if there was any weird reason why the Xbow was discontinued?

...are you saying you assumed there was a lawsuit because people were saying that it won't happen?

There is no mystery behind why it was discontinued.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#46 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:36 PM

The nf replaced the lnl just like the ms replaced the pc, Different shell, very similar internals.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#47 Pebbles

Pebbles

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:35 AM

I do not believe that Hasbro owned the Nerf brand when the Crossbow was in production, therefore Hasbro may not have the molds and plans, which makes a re-release highly improbable. However, a gun with many of the same assets of the Crossbow, I.E. a long-range springer with simple innards and good looks, could easily be released. I personally would not want re-releases of old guns, because their flaws would still be present. However, re-designs of older guns, like the PowerClip/MagStrike conversion, are very nice. Right now, I'm hoping for a cranked belt gun, a volley pistol, and a good air pistol.

Now, if we did get a "Collector's Classics" line of guns, I'd like to see the Sawtooth, BnA, Ratchetblast, and Hiddenshot, because I think there's some untapped potential in those guns.
An idea won't work unless you do.
Foamblast: Home of NC Nerf's largest known clan.

Look at it! No, no, come back here and look at it! Bad members. Baaaaad members! -VACC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users