Plusbow Integration Brackets

31 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:44 PM

Lately, I've been spending a lot of my time developing integration brackets. Here are a few I have come up with.

The first one is for the Splitfire. You might have already seen it in the DIY +bow thread. Here is the link to the templates.

Click Here

The last one I just completed is for an AT2K. Instead of using the original shell to attach to the +bow, I decided to make a new shell out of polycarbonate to house the 2k's internals.

It turned out great. The only drawback is it adds a lot of weight to the front of the gun. Although I guess any integration to the +bow will add a lot of front weight. It serves as a great foregrip though. Well here are the pictures.

Posted Image

It's basically a box. The front and back sides of the box are the only parts attached to the +bow. They screw into the front two holes in the front where the standoff used to be. The back piece was screwed into two holes on either side near the trigger. Here is another picture.

Posted Image

I used a little bit of epoxy putty to secure the internals in the box. You can use hot glue as well, or anything for that matter.

Here are the templates for the box.

Link 1
Link 2

Any questions about anything please ask. Also, if you have any ideas for more integration brackets, just let me know.

#2 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:49 PM

Good job Ryan, I think this would be a good topic to sticky. People could post their designs, and it would be a good resoruce to have at hand. I need to design an integration for mine one of these days. I'm guessing the AT2k is singled, could you get a picture of it outside of the box?
-A side of nerf
Southeast Nerf Contingent

#3 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:07 PM

Dammit, why do you have to start pumping out the good stuff after I sell my +Bow!

Anyways, congrats. Thats a seriously innovative design, and looks comfortable as well. Keep up the good awesome work.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#4 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:09 PM

The 2k's internals are not removable. They are epoxied into the box. Here are some better pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Another bonus I discovered after I made it is that you can still use the 2k separately when removed from the +bow.

Edited by Ryan201821, 04 July 2008 - 05:10 PM.

#5 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:35 PM

I am working on one for a nitefinder right now. Probably won't have it posted for another week. I am leaving for summer camp tomorrow.

#6 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:21 PM

You should add a removable handle, maybe something like the +bow. Also, what is the black polycarbonate piece that sticks out of the bottom? Does it serve a purpose?

Also, I'll post some picks of SF bracket when I get back home.

#7 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:37 PM

I'm not too fond of how you used the normal trigger... Maybe a keyring with wire running to the pin?

#8 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:39 PM

just a suggestion. Wouldn't it be a lot more comfortable to take the LS front gun handle off and just epoxy it to the casing? Otherwise, Really awesome.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#9 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 04:06 AM

You should add a removable handle, maybe something like the +bow. Also, what is the black polycarbonate piece that sticks out of the bottom? Does it serve a purpose?

That is the handle. The small piece of plastic is a temporary handle for the 2k. I guess I could elaborate on it and make something more comfortable. It's kinda hard to make something bigger since the trigger for the +bow is so close to the 2k. Any suggestions?

just a suggestion. Wouldn't it be a lot more comfortable to take the LS front gun handle off and just epoxy it to the casing? Otherwise, Really awesome.

Well I don't have one of those. And this is a homemade, not a modification. If I'm going to make integration brackets, I'm not going to do something custom like that. The purpose of this is so everyone in the community can use it. If I made the handle different, it would be out of polycarbonate most likely.

I'm not too fond of how you used the normal trigger... Maybe a keyring with wire running to the pin?

I liked the idea of having the 2k detachable and still usable when not attached to the +bow. Using a key ring trigger would work well. Although if you disregarded the idea of having the 2k detachable, a key ring would be ideal. It was actually my first idea. It would probably be more comfortable anyway.

I've yet to war test this so I don't know how practical it will be. I'll let everyone know as soon as this sees some action. If anyone has an idea for the handle, suggestions are gladly welcome.

#10 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:34 AM

And this is precisely why making your plans open source is beneficial to the growth of a project.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#11 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 06:11 PM

well, maybe if you want to be more "Homemadish" you could use a hacksaw handle or something. I don't know, that peice of polycarbonate looks a little on the uncomfy side.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#12 random360

random360

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:54 PM

I would suggest moving the at2k forward on the gun, so that it sticks out the front, simmilar to a grenade launcher attachment. the reason being, that it would allow you to create a more comfortable spacing for your hands (and one which would no doubt assist with aiming, one of the chief problems of grips placed to near to each other).

I also see no reason not to simply make a handle simmilar to the one the + bow already sports, minus the trigger guard.
Everybody died, and I was never there.

#13 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:06 PM

I would suggest moving the at2k forward on the gun, so that it sticks out the front, simmilar to a grenade launcher attachment. the reason being, that it would allow you to create a more comfortable spacing for your hands (and one which would no doubt assist with aiming, one of the chief problems of grips placed to near to each other).

I also see no reason not to simply make a handle simmilar to the one the + bow already sports, minus the trigger guard.

The 2k is pretty comfortable where it is right now. It serves as a nice foregrip for the +bow.

The reason I wouldn't make a similar handle to the +bow on the 2k integration basically is because there isn't enough room. Also it would add a lot more weight to the front of the gun when there already is enough.

I might just end up using the key ring idea. Seems to be the most comfortable.

#14 raw shrimp

raw shrimp

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:12 PM

Maybe you could put a coupler where the handle is. That way, you could make the handle detachable, and it would probably be a little more comfy.

#15 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:48 PM

Got a Spiderman 3 Dart Blaster from the clearance rack at Target for only $2.
Makes a perfect integrated secondary with only minimal adaptation.
Posted Image
I'll get around to drilling out the restrictor, replacing the stock barrel, and giving it a coat of vinyl dye on Monday.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 18 July 2008 - 01:54 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#16 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:51 PM

Got a Spiderman 3 Dart Blaster from the clearance rack at Target for only $2.
Makes a perfect integrated secondary with only minimal adaptation.
I'll get around to drilling out the restrictor, replacing the stock barrel, and giving it a coat of vinyl dye on Monday.

Well I'm totally stealing that idea. Yoink!

#17 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:20 PM

Vary nice Ryan. I like it a lot. I also like CS integration. I modded one of those Spider Man wrist Blaster ( FA_24 mod ) for my bro and it got decent range. Around 40'.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#18 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:01 PM

Well I'm totally stealing that idea. Yoink!

Make sure you don't cut the straps off the rear of the gun. Would have been much easier to integrate it if I hadn't.

#19 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 02:03 AM

If you take the plunger and such out of that gun you have a open space for integration that can be switched with a screwdriver.

I think this is what people wanted for their 2k internals and SMDTG's.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#20 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:51 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
I need to make a brass or PETG barrel insert. The fit on the current barrel isn't great, but it's the right length and it's shooting my darts up to 40 feet and shooting taggers up to 55 feet.

#21 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:27 AM

Isn't that Spiderman gun a push-pull design? I.E. no trigger mech?
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#22 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:57 AM

Isn't that Spiderman gun a push-pull design? I.E. no trigger mech?

Not quite, it still has a catch plate. You pull the priming handle forward to prime the plunger and the priming handle then retracts most of the way back. To fire you push the priming handle back and it fires.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 22 July 2008 - 09:59 AM.

#23 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:16 AM

I think I understand.. I've seen that gun lots of times and I always passed it up because it looked like a push-pull gun.

Plus they were selling it for $10. :P
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#24 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:36 PM

I just finished this grip today. I wanted to make a grip to attach to the rail of the +bow to make it look more like a crossbow. You can copy and paste the template into a word document from here. This is how the template attaches to the +bow.
Posted Image
Attach the template to Lexan, cut it out and attach it to your gun.
The real grip,
Posted Image
The homemade grip,
Posted Image

I left the inside hollow so integrations could still be added.
Posted Image
The grip (Gray) is made with craft foam.

Could this topic be made a sticky. I am planning more integrations but they will take a long time and I do not want to necro this thread.
-A side of nerf

#25 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:32 PM

Maybe if you make it look better. Kida ugly as it is now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users