Photo

Recon Ar Removal Question

6 replies to this topic

#1 tyler31763

tyler31763

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:30 PM

okay so im at the part where you use the dremmel tool and make the pieces poop out the back i dont have a dremmel tool but i as wondering if i could ram a pencil down into it or would that screw it up by jsut breaking peices im asking becasue i looked in the search and didnt find anything or anytihng besides a dremmel tool or a drill casue my drill isnt long enough

#2 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:34 PM

For mine, I bought a large drill bit. Measure how deep you need to go, go to a hardware store and purchase the size you need. Good luck with the mod.
-A side of nerf
Southeast Nerf Contingent

#3 tyler31763

tyler31763

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

i really want to know if i could just use anything besides a drill bit thats what i meant by dremmil tool a drill bit

#4 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:48 PM

1: Fix up your posts, I'd also recommend reading the Code Of Conduct.

2: You don't NEED a Dremel to use a drill bit, any drill press or Electric (maybe cordless) drill will do. I removed my ARs with a long screwdriver and a hammer, it takes some time but it usually works out beautifully.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#5 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:54 PM

I tried getting the ARs out of mine with a screwdriver and hammer also, but for some reason the damn thing wouldn't come out. It just refused to budge, the best I managed was to get the post out and poke a small hole through the restrictors. It works, but it still bothers me that there's a mess of plastic sitting stubbornly at the back of the barrel, refusing to move...
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#6 p-n-u-t-b-t-t-r

p-n-u-t-b-t-t-r

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:23 PM

Truthfully, you're not going to get all of the AR's out without using some kind of electric tool.
that is unless your willing to give up four hours of your day shoving a screwdriver down there trying to get it out.

Please don't quote that.
It's better for someone to think you're a fool
than to open your mouth and prove them right

#7 washedup

washedup

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:40 AM

Nerfhaven Modification Directory

Check this out. It's located in the pinned section. Have fun modding that piece of junk.
Go FUCK yourself!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users