Photo

Big Visit

get some nerfing,modding,dart making on?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Milkbelly

Milkbelly

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 03:45 PM

OK, here's the skinny, I'll be visiting in SoCal this month, I'll be free the full days from the 20th-24th. I plan to bring my fully-modded guns and those currently in pieces, as well as stefan-making material.

So who's interested in a follow-up war to the YANO? (YAYANO?) Also who'd want to take time (and let me in their shopspace) for modding and assembly? Also general hanging out? Beach and sun are definitely on my agenda for the week.

Oh, and as an intro-post to these boards, does anyone else have this Gandalf avatar already that I'm using?

It's cool to come back to the nerf community and see a lot the same, but a lot changed. I'm sure some point soon I'll know what a "Cactus mod" is or the meaning of "Kronik-style" (though I know the latter at least involves putting internals of two guns into one case).

OK, so if you have a reply to questions in my 2nd paragraph, drop me a line at chriscraig@operamail.com

#2 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 10:39 PM

Are you planning on flying with your guns? If so, let us know how it goes.

I'm probably not up for wars on consecutive weekends but I may be up for the hanging out part. Are you going to have ground transportation? I'm about halfway between Riverside (why do they call it that? there's no bloody river there) and LA... probably a 20 minute drive.

A cactus mod consists of drilling ammo holder holes in some of the non-functional gun casing. The origin of the name should be obvious at this point. <g>
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#3 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 02:33 AM

Sorry but I'll be completely unavailable from the 20th through the 24th as I'm doing the sound mixing on a graduate thesis film then (and the next 2 weekends thereafter), sorry dude.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#4 Milkbelly

Milkbelly

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 03:32 PM

The only transportation I'll have is rides I get my parents to give me, and I won't want to rely on them too much for what should be fairly obvious reasons. Living outside my parents roof has been amazing in terms of my self-discovery and other such shit. Plus we deal a lot better w/each other when we aren't living together. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to make it a week under the same roof again w/out tearing at each others throats tho.

The cactus mod sounds real cool, one of those things that seems so obvious in many ways, you think "why didn't I think of that a long time ago?" Especially since the stock ammo holders on so many guns blow so much goats.

But personally it'd be something I'd be real reluctant to do, as it would reduce the structural strength, and nerf wars can be real punishing. I'd hate to fall on top of a fave gun only to have it bust apart like so much splintering glass. (OK a little overboard on the imagery there)

#5 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 12:59 AM

i'll check my calendar and my other clan member's calenders. we're just north of pasadena, so i am guessing 45 min - 1 hour drive to LAX. We should be able to get at least four people to nerf on any given saturday or sunday. If i can get hold of a decent location, then i would definately be willing to attempt a post-YANO for anyone who could make it. If you want to get in contant with me, i check my Personal Messages at this site, my AIM is rawray7, and my email is rawray7@hotmail.com
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#6 Milkbelly

Milkbelly

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2003 - 02:37 PM

Alright did this topic die or what? What gives? LA's a big, populated area, there've gotta be people whose Nerfing appetites will only be whet by the YANO. Where are you? You know anytime modders will get together there'll be new mods or slight variations to old ones invented, how much more so for a Midwesterner visiting the coast?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users