Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:11 PM

Date: August 2nd
Time: 10 - 4?
Type in "Juniper Ln, St. Paul, MN 55116" to
http://maps.google.com
http://www.mapquest.com
for directions.

Rules and reminders:
- Eye protection required, no exceptions.
- Gun restrictions will be decided on a case-by-case basis pending power (pain) and realistic appearance (police). If you aren't sure if it'll get banned, A) post it, B ) don't bring it, or C) bring a backup.
....1) No big blasts with the pump plugged. Even then, we may ban them depending on how many welts show up in the first few rounds.
- We'll have a lunch break around 12 or 1; whenever people feel like it. Bring food or moolah for the close-by fast-food restaurants.
- Use common sense.

Please state whether you are coming officially or potentially. And in the words of Ryan, "if you say you're coming officially, you'd better f**king come."
Official:
Myself + 1
Venom
Ryan
Bustaninja
Sam
Elf
Bullet Dragon + 1

Potential:

This first post will be constantly edited with relevant information, so check it often.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 02 August 2008 - 12:43 AM.

" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#2 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:23 PM

Sounds fine. I'm free in august until the 20th-24th and school doesn't start until after labor day.

#3 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:26 PM

I will be out of the country the 2nd so only the 9th would work for me.

#4 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:35 PM

I'm available both the 2nd and 9th now. So either one is cool for me.

#5 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:04 PM

I think either is good for me, I'll have to check my schedule. Do we have a location on this?

Edited by Bullet Dragon, 29 June 2008 - 07:04 PM.

Gimme back my bullets....

#6 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:17 PM

I could come if it was the 9th. I am in MN visiting family. This sounds great.

I fly in the 5th and stay till the 23rd.

#7 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:27 PM

I vote for the 2nd.

#8 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:39 PM

I'd vote for the 2nd. Im going to Boston on the 7th.

Sounds fun either way.

Ok, Big Blast situation. I have done a switch to Megas after how well they worked for me at SPANO.
The leave the barrel at a slower speed and hurt less, as they have more surface area to hit on. I know that Big Blasts may be banned, but are we gonna do this on a case to case basis? i wanna know before I completly go bat crazy and make my Big Blast uber awesome.

Edited by BustaNinja, 29 June 2008 - 09:44 PM.

Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#9 Kanashimi

Kanashimi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:10 PM

Both are fine if I can get a ride.

-Kanashimi

#10 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:17 PM

I'm pretty sure that both work for me so long as I can get a ride from you FH.
I think I would prefer it be on the 9th because, as amazingly, stupendously, awesome as Carbon is, I am looking to buy a + Bow from Ryan and would like to save on S&H. (I'm such a cheap bastard, I know...)

EDIT: And then I read Ryan's post... ok so now I am cool with either day. And I am still a cheap bastard.

Edited by elf_avec_gun, 29 June 2008 - 11:35 PM.

"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#11 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:51 AM

Just reiterating what I said in the recap thread, I might not be selling +bows anymore. I'll have to think about it. And even if I do decide to sell them, they won't be ready for this war. I will be gone the entire month of July for work.

#12 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:30 PM

*Bump

Alright so have we decided on a date?

I would like to book my hotel and such. I'd prefer it to be the second.

EDIT: Any possible new locations?

Edited by Ryan201821, 06 July 2008 - 04:30 PM.

#13 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:47 AM

Ah, thank you. I was waiting for more people, but I tend to wait too long sometimes.

The second it is. Apologies to NerfCrazy and Jackster.

This is now a war thread.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#14 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:40 PM

Hilt, this is about to sound really weird.

I love you

I can actually attend this war, and it will be a good way to kick off the summer for me (Im still in school) and I get to nerf before going to Boston.

I can see if I can bring the friend i did last time, or maybe recruit some new members, but this now gives me motivation to modify some new guns. SMDTGs, here I come.

So yup, this is me saying I am attending the war.

Oh, and testing with my Big Blast, you can only pump it 6 times before the OP kicks in, so how about that?

Edited by BustaNinja, 07 July 2008 - 01:23 PM.

#15 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:03 PM

I'm coming for sure, so take my name of the potential list. Thanks for being open about big blasts. I plan to use one with a 2k turret, and my SPANO one with the pump unplugged as a back up. But, If both fail, I'll have my pumpshot-gun, and thanks to Carrtoons tip, it will have 3 springs in it, LS, 3b, and stock.

#16 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:45 PM

I talked to Carrtoon and he said he should make it but he is not definitely sure.

Carbon is another maybe...He has to see if he can make it or not and will be getting back to me in a week or so.

Put me down as official. I'm going to ask my girlfriend if she wants to make the trip with me, since she has been so interested in Nerf lately. I'll get back to you on that one.

#17 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:44 PM

I'm going to ask my girlfriend if she wants to make the trip with me, since she has been so interested in Nerf lately

I smell a pink +bow!

Put me down as coming too. I'm going to a concert the night before, so I may show up a little late, but I'll be there.

Edited by sam, 07 July 2008 - 04:48 PM.

#18 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:54 PM

I smell a pink +bow!

That would be the shit. I'd probably use it for myself though....

Anyway, you guys consider any other locations? SPANO was really crowded, but I guess that's how it would be anywhere we went that had a park. Just a consideration.

#19 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:18 PM

I smell a pink +bow!

That would be the shit. I'd probably use it for myself though....

Anyway, you guys consider any other locations? SPANO was really crowded, but I guess that's how it would be anywhere we went that had a park. Just a consideration.

Newel Park (which so happens to be blocks from my house) is a great wide open park, and no one is ever there, and if there are too many people, then it has a back up less then a block away with more field space and another tower.

#20 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:53 PM

Newel Park (which so happens to be blocks from my house) is a great wide open park, and no one is ever there, and if there are too many people, then it has a back up less then a block away with more field space and another tower.

This Newel park you are talking about...how far is it from the original site?

If you could get pictures, that would be AWESOME.

#21 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:09 PM

This Newel park you are talking about...how far is it from the original site?

If you could get pictures, that would be AWESOME.

ok. Its way over in the midway. Corner or Pierce Butler and Fairview.

Its kinda not close at all. Sorry, but it is always clear and the I can pretty much promise no one would run off with any guns.

The other park, Tatum, is smaller, but its about the size of the area we used for the VIP round, and it has a really nice playground that would be great for pistol rounds and whatnot. But I will scout them out tomorrow.

If you know were it is though, Hamline university? Its about 4 blocks down from there.

#22 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:50 PM

ok. Its way over in the midway. Corner or Pierce Butler and Fairview.

Its kinda not close at all. Sorry, but it is always clear and the I can pretty much promise no one would run off with any guns.

The other park, Tatum, is smaller, but its about the size of the area we used for the VIP round, and it has a really nice playground that would be great for pistol rounds and whatnot. But I will scout them out tomorrow.

If you know were it is though, Hamline university? Its about 4 blocks down from there.

Well if it's out of the way, don't worry about it.

#23 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:29 AM

Hopefully I may be able to come for the very end but I am not sure because I don't know the exact time I come back from Norway. This means my crew won't be there. Oh well you guys should have fun anyways.

#24 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:31 PM

Something I'd like to add for those using Big Blasts, I've been doing some testing and would recommend that you don't use anything longer than 8" for your barrel. Anything longer adds to distance and 6" takes away from accuracy. I have not tried 7" yet.

#25 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:55 PM

I gotta check with my ride on thursday (7/10) and I'll get back to you, but put me down as a for sure with two others (the same two I brought last time.) Might be able to bring Kanashimi, but only if my ride agrees, so keep him as a maybe for now.

Guns I'll have for sure:
Longshot (AR, Spring add)
Mav (AR, Penny Mod)
SS1 (AR, possibly new spring)
NF (AR, Spring add)
Mag Strike (Safety valve, AR, E-taped)
Titan (AR, Pump Plugged) (I'm still looking for Titan Rockets, so bring them if you're willing to sell them)
Gimme back my bullets....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users