Help Provided, Mod pictured

4 replies to this topic

#1 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:19 PM

After your DoubleShot (DS) has exploded, you'll pretty much be starting with this:
Posted Image

There are two black catch pieces; the one on the left goes on first, and the one on the right goes on second.
Posted Image

There are also two catch springs, and it does matter which goes on which.
Posted Image

Put the left spring on the left catch piece like so. One end of the spring (the top in the previous picture) hooks around the catch.
Posted Image

Now put the catch and spring into the DS; the majority of the spring should be lower than the catch.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now put the second spring on the second catch.
Posted Image

And install it. Note that the majority of the spring is higher than the catch. I also put the trigger in. Note that there is a compression spring that goes in a slot "beneath" the tigger.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now the plungers go in. Make sure the notches of the plunger rod face towards the catches.
Posted Image
Posted Image

The fianl step is to arrange the string. I am unbsure of this part, because my Ds has been modified and no longer cocks like it usually does. However, I think this is how it went.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also, while I have "everyone's" attention, I might as well post this:
Posted Image

I chopped off the stock and everything in front of the plunger chambers, then epoxied CPVC directly to the plunger chambers. The range is about 40 feet, it's not much bigger than a NF, and you get two shots. Unfortunately, the plunger chambers are angled upwards and, therefore, so are the barrels. It's a little awkward to hold and aim for that reason.

Edited by jwasko, 09 January 2010 - 12:34 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#2 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:06 PM

How about one of the angled PVC elbows, would that help level the barrels?
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#3 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:31 PM

It almost looks like a 45 degree elbow would work perfect...

#4 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:13 PM

Thanks a lot, however I found out why it never fired, the brown plastic plunger rod had snapped from overuse and it was beyond repair, so I'm scrapping it out.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#5 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:54 PM

I minimized my double shot exactly like this but I added a homemade handle for better accuracy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users