Magstrike Help

The gun isn't shooting

5 replies to this topic

#1 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:18 PM

Well, one day I was going to show my friends my "modified" magstrike and the bladder blew up. I knew I had a spare and I opened up the gun to replace the bladder and I did. When I closed up the gun, everything was fine...until I shot it. Strangely the gun didn't fire, it was like a weird single shot gun that didn't shoot (e.g. the clip went up everytime I pulled the trigger). After a few minutes of tinkering, I loosened the screwes and spread the front of the gun apart, when I pulled the trigger it shot 4 bullets (with 20 pumps)...now the magstrike is usually like this and I can't get it to shoot (with a clip in) at all. Does anyone know how to fix this/has any experince with this type of problem?

Oh and if this helps at all...the gun feels harder to pump than with the old bladder, and the clip is hard to take out and push in.
EDIT: The green advancing rod thing still functions as it's supposed to, yet I don't think that's the problem as it does advance the clip, and I hot glued the little hole in the plunger tube to "increase the range"

Thanks,
--watari

Edited by Watari, 27 June 2008 - 12:35 PM.

#2 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:38 PM

Well, one day I was going to show my friends my "modified" magstrike and the bladder blew up. I knew I had a spare and I opened up the gun to replace the bladder and I did. When I closed up the gun, everything was fine...until I shot it. Strangely the gun didn't fire, it was like a weird single shot gun that didn't shoot (e.g. the clip went up everytime I pulled the trigger). After a few minutes of tinkering, I loosened the screwes and spread the front of the gun apart, when I pulled the trigger it shot 4 bullets (with 20 pumps)...now the magstrike is usually like this and I can't get it to shoot (with a clip in) at all. Does anyone know how to fix this/has any experince with this type of problem?

Oh and if this helps at all...the gun feels harder to pump than with the old bladder, and the clip is hard to take out and push in.
EDIT: The green advancing rod thing still functions as it's supposed to, yet I don't think that's the problem as it does advance the clip, and I hot glued the little hole in the plunger tube to "increase the range"

Thanks,
--watari

You might want to try taking out the safety feature. That way you can push the trigger down farther and release more pressure at once.
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#3 umdlancer

umdlancer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:54 PM

I hot glued the little hole in the plunger tube to "increase the range"

Which little hole in the plunger tube? The one on the piece with the wings, or the hole in front of the giant piston-looking thing?

#4 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:44 PM

This happened to mine. I threw it out and sold the clips, I hate magstrikes. I couldn't find a good way to fix it.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#5 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:51 PM

Make sure all your parts are EXACTLY where they should be.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#6 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:25 PM

Well i'm going to cruxzader's house so i'm going to open it up there and see if any of my parts weren't in the right place. Also, this is my 3rd magstrike (1st and 2nd had clip problems that had to do with the green advancing piece...maybe I should just buy an RF20...cruxzader has one, but he can't mod it because "it's his brothers" anyways...back to the post) so I might not buy another one since they suck. The safety feature is already out...one of the first things I did to my magstrike. Also, I did put hot glue on the plunger piece with the WINGS, if that is causing the problem, then i'll probably remove that.

--watari

EDIT: slayer changed to cruxzader (he uses 2 usernames on different sites and I got confused...sorry, although that was pointless)
also, I still haven't opened the gun up, I might do it tommorow

Edited by Watari, 30 June 2008 - 09:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users