Nerf Vulcan

kinda

15 replies to this topic

#1 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:37 AM

As promised I said I would post my designs for the Vulcan like gun. For those not keeping tabs on the Vulcan thread witch has made many given up on the NIC and humanity itself. Well anyway I said that I had designed a mod for the LS to make it function like a Vulcan. I have not yet tried this yet due to moths in my wallet. Feel free to try it experiment and vary at your discretion. Anyway here it is.
{url=Posted Image}
manual Vulcan
[/url]
That shows you how it basically works. You pull back on the handle and with the bar going through the plunger directly it pulls it back and primes it. Then you push it forward and the little notch sticking out of the slide reacts with the gear to turn it thus turning the either pvc revolver or a Magstrike bladder full of hot glue. The trigger is pulled, the plunger dose what it dose through the shell through the barrel thus propelling the dart. simple but what about the full auto foam throwing beast of a gun.
{url=Posted Image}
Full auto furry.
[/url]
First make sure that the plunger is all the way forward (not primed). Then activate the electric air pump of your choice ( thats why theres so many batteries), then you flip the switch to activate the motor. Even though its on it wont move due to the extra switch witch activates when the trigger is pressed just like the NFs ''laser''. But how will it turn even with the notch sticking out of the slide, simple its able to move on its small hinge with the spring you put in it to help hold it in place. the diagrams really help. Thats how simple it is questions or comments leave them below I'll try to get back and answer them. Thank you and I hope you have fun attempting this mod. Now get out there and try it.

#2 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:45 AM

So, how do you propose you build this? Do you already have all necessary materials?
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#3 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:17 AM

So, how do you propose you build this? Do you already have all necessary materials?

He's said multiple times he doesn't have enough money to complete the project.
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#4 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:31 AM

Nice idea... Too bad it's only a hypothetical post.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#5 notthedinkus

notthedinkus

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 10:20 AM

Please explain how you can have a full auto gun that requires you to pull back the plunger before each shot. How is that at all like a vulcan except for the belts and that you threw an unnessecary motor in there?
WANTED: Somebody to go back in time
with me. This is not a joke. P.O. Box ***,
Oakview CA 93022. You'll get paid after
we get back. Must bring your own
weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have
only done this once before.

#6 Vishamon

Vishamon

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:07 AM

Please explain how you can have a full auto gun that requires you to pull back the plunger before each shot. How is that at all like a vulcan except for the belts and that you threw an unnessecary motor in there?

I think that he's using the plunger tube as an air tank in the fully auto design, but the diagram does not specify what kind of valve mechanism he is planning to use to control the firing. I think the plunger in his design is only used in the "manual" firing mode. I think it might be better to use an AEG like system, rather than using a plunger tube as an air tank, though.

Edited by Vishamon, 27 June 2008 - 11:08 AM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 8 2009, 08:40 AM) View Post

I think everyone who reads or contributes to this site needs to take a big stap back and reallize we're discussing nerf guns. The fate of absolutely NOTHING important depends on what you, me, or anyone else does

#7 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:38 PM

Simple, as tou know theres a notch coming out of the what I'm calling a ''slide''. the notch is able to move up and ''click'' due to a small hinge and 1 or 2 springs just like the one in the Buzzsaw. I'm glad people understood how the notch and gear work.

I think that he's using the plunger tube as an air tank in the fully auto design, but the diagram does not specify what kind of valve mechanism he is planning to use to control the firing. I think the plunger in his design is only used in the "manual" firing mode. I think it might be better to use an AEG like system, rather than using a plunger tube as an air tank, though.

As I specified before the notch clicks up while the motor turns the belt. The plunger acts as a blocking mechanism to allow a air pump to then propel the darts through there respective shells. ultimately destroying and humiliating thy enemy. I ha thought of two electric devices to use to propel darts. the first is the one that would explain the batteries, a common air bed inflater. They usually use 4 ''c'' or ''d'' batteries and some push allot of air even enough to fling darts. Another idea I had was to us a VPX power inflater. They use batteries that you can get more of easily, and its really slim and light weight (I think the pump will have to be mounted outside the gun possibly on your hip). I hope I clarified your questions up and If you have any more feel free to ask. Thank You.

#8 notthedinkus

notthedinkus

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:00 PM

[As I specified before the notch clicks up while the motor turns the belt. The plunger acts as a blocking mechanism to allow a air pump to then propel the darts through there respective shells. ultimately destroying and humiliating thy enemy. I ha thought of two electric devices to use to propel darts. the first is the one that would explain the batteries, a common air bed inflater. They usually use 4 ''c'' or ''d'' batteries and some push allot of air even enough to fling darts. Another idea I had was to us a VPX power inflater. They use batteries that you can get more of easily, and its really slim and light weight (I think the pump will have to be mounted outside the gun possibly on your hip). I hope I clarified your questions up and If you have any more feel free to ask. Thank You.

An air pump would have no effect on a nerf dart. All an air pump is meant to do (without a tank) is move air from one place to the next with out much compression. The most a handheld one would put out would be ~16 PSI (atmospheric pressure= 14.7 PSI). Air powered nerf guns opperate best arround 50 PSI. Even if you used the plunger tube as a tank, It would take like ten seconds to fill to the right pressure, completely killing your ROF. I suggest that you come up with a new design that doesn't have so many gaping holes in it, or you go out and do this and prove me wrong.

#9 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:04 PM

Shut up notthedinkus atleast he's come up with an idea for the longshot.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#10 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:27 PM

Jesus Christ, chill out. He's allowed to critisize a design. That's how things get better.

BalisticJoe - I'm having a hard time following your design, and I think that a lot of other people probably are too. Can you visualize it a little better than this? Also, if you punctuate a little better your written descriptions might make more sense.

I understand the single-fire mode, but the automatic one escapes me. Like notthedinkus said, I don't think an air pump would be able to launch the darts very far, if at all, so I feel like I'm missing something.

#11 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:28 PM

[As I specified before the notch clicks up while the motor turns the belt. The plunger acts as a blocking mechanism to allow a air pump to then propel the darts through there respective shells. ultimately destroying and humiliating thy enemy. I ha thought of two electric devices to use to propel darts. the first is the one that would explain the batteries, a common air bed inflater. They usually use 4 ''c'' or ''d'' batteries and some push allot of air even enough to fling darts. Another idea I had was to us a VPX power inflater. They use batteries that you can get more of easily, and its really slim and light weight (I think the pump will have to be mounted outside the gun possibly on your hip). I hope I clarified your questions up and If you have any more feel free to ask. Thank You.

An air pump would have no effect on a nerf dart. All an air pump is meant to do (without a tank) is move air from one place to the next with out much compression. The most a handheld one would put out would be ~16 PSI (atmospheric pressure= 14.7 PSI). Air powered nerf guns opperate best arround 50 PSI. Even if you used the plunger tube as a tank, It would take like ten seconds to fill to the right pressure, completely killing your ROF. I suggest that you come up with a new design that doesn't have so many gaping holes in it, or you go out and do this and prove me wrong.

It is not a traditional hand pump like in some homemades. It is an continuous electric pump that keeps consistent air pressure. The power inflater could work well as a compressor to pump high amounts of air to the dart. I could try to design a high intensity air compressor like in a refrigerator or an air conditioner. If you have an idea suggest it.

#12 notthedinkus

notthedinkus

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:00 PM

It is not a traditional hand pump like in some homemades. It is an continuous electric pump that keeps consistent air pressure. The power inflater could work well as a compressor to pump high amounts of air to the dart. I could try to design a high intensity air compressor like in a refrigerator or an air conditioner. If you have an idea suggest it.

1)I was talking about an electric pump in my post.
2)You would not be able to carry arround anything that normally plugs into a wall (and air conditioners use fans)
3)There is no way to create truely "consistant pressure", while still firing the dart. The dart is propelled by the air escaping, thus allieviating some of the pressure from what ever held the air.
4) You could use a normal plunger attached to a crankshaft or a racheting one with a spring, or you could use a high volume air tank, (like a paintball one) to be used like a magstrike or RF20. I have experience with both if you're interested, or you could just search for them. Or not do anything because you have no intention of building this yourself.

You shut up unless you can explain to me how his design works the way it is now. Everything I said was constructive and I like his idea, and am trying to help him make it the best that it can be.

Edited by notthedinkus, 27 June 2008 - 06:08 PM.

#13 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:42 PM

God damnit, not again.
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#14 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:39 AM

As I (balistic joe) specified before the notch clicks up while the motor turns the belt. The plunger acts as a blocking mechanism to allow a air pump to then propel the darts through there respective shells. ultimately destroying and humiliating thy enemy. I ha thought of two electric devices to use to propel darts. the first is the one that would explain the batteries, a common air bed inflater. They usually use 4 ''c'' or ''d'' batteries and some push allot of air even enough to fling darts. Another idea I had was to us a VPX power inflater. They use batteries that you can get more of easily, and its really slim and light weight (I think the pump will have to be mounted outside the gun possibly on your hip). I hope I clarified your questions up and If you have any more feel free to ask. Thank You.

Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#15 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:31 PM

1)I was talking about an electric pump in my post.
2)You would not be able to carry arround anything that normally plugs into a wall (and air conditioners use fans)
3)There is no way to create truely "consistant pressure", while still firing the dart. The dart is propelled by the air escaping, thus allieviating some of the pressure from what ever held the air.
4) You could use a normal plunger attached to a crankshaft or a racheting one with a spring, or you could use a high volume air tank, (like a paintball one) to be used like a magstrike or RF20. I have experience with both if you're interested, or you could just search for them. Or not do anything because you have no intention of building this yourself.

1. Sorry I misunderstood your typing I thought you meant a bike pump. That would be preposterous.
2. I was talking about battery power, giving portability and an explanation of the 6 large batteries in the Vulcan. *He takes out his How Stuff Works book*And air conditioners do use compressors, and fans. The compressor moves the refrigerant while the fan cools it down, but thats beside the point.
3. I should of phrased that better. Its more of a consistent flow of air. I'll change that.
4. It would take to long with the torque of the necessary motor. This has already been discussed in the semi auto Recon thread. Using an air tank I would consider cheating due to the fact there wont be one (according to Hasbro) in the Vulcan hence the batteries. all tho we could build a super gun like the discussed homemade Minigun. I'll PM you.
I am designing a compressor that should be able to possibly power this gun. In the highly likely event of complete failure I just may get an old air conditioner and salvage a compressor(disposing of the liquid appropriately) or check the web for something simmilar. Ideas, suggestons, comments, ideas, post them all.
Thank You.

#16 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:14 PM

God damnit, not again.

Agreed.

While having plans drawn up is a good thing, and a bigger step than most people take, concept threads are generally looked down upon here for this very reason. Lots of arguing over whether or not it will work. If you think it will work, go and build this sucker. That'll shut any naysayers up.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users