Photo

Megaman Nt Warrior Megabuster

17 replies to this topic

#1 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:35 AM

Out of sheer boredome I was looking on amazon today and found an interesting gun. Well I searched and I turned up with 2 topics that really didnt inform me about this gun at all so I thought it would be appropriate to create a new topic. So my question is has anyone ever bought, used, or modded this http://www.amazon.co...244281&sr=1-289.

#2 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:47 PM

I've never seen it before, but it looks like a useless gimick. Probably not worth the money/effort.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#3 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:23 PM

I remember I followed that game series through all 6 games.

My friends and I would beat one, then move onto the next.

Wow, old memories. Anyways, it looks completely useless, which is sad, because who wouldn't love to bring a Megaman Buster Cannon to a Nerf War?
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#4 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:25 PM

It looks kind of lame, but if you think you can do something with it, please do! Surprise us all!
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#5 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:07 PM

My cousin has one and it barely shoot 15 feet if even. Don't buy it I can only imagine how small the plunger tube is.

#6 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:46 PM

Speculation, specualtion, speculation.

How do you know that it's the plunger chamber's fault? Maybe it's the ammo/barrel...think of the massive increase in range when you convert a BBB from arrows to micros, or an ERTL Pumpshot gun from balls to darts.

Now, if you said "you only pull the cacking handle back a half inch," then that would be some decent evidence for a small plunger chamber.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#7 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:08 PM

Your right I forgot to mention how far you pull back the cocking handle.
I just called my cousin and he says it is maybe 4 inches and it is extremely easy to pull back.
We will see what we can do to it at SPANO.

Edited by NerfCrazy, 26 June 2008 - 03:09 PM.

#8 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:36 PM

Could some one copy and paste a picture of this gun, amazon does not work for me.

#9 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 05:54 PM

Nevermind, I don't know how to. I can't post IMG tags.

Edited by Bomberman, 26 June 2008 - 05:56 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#10 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:09 PM

Heres an image... I cant wait to see a mod for this.

Posted Image

#11 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:21 PM

Well I guess I will buy one within the week then post results the following week. I hope this gun isnt a POS!

Edited by Flantre, 26 June 2008 - 08:22 PM.

#12 Megamannt92

Megamannt92

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:51 PM

I've heard of this. I did not know they were still selling them though...The Megaman NT Warrior TV show was canceled a good while ago.

It looks useless. Are the darts even made of foam? They look like they are made of plastic to me.

All that aside, I might buy one simply because I'm a Megaman freak.
Muaha! We aint' no Geocity anymore. Join here! The Foam Universe!

#13 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:41 AM

I love this quote from the "Customer Reviews" section on Amazon:

This toy is ridiculous! It doesn't do anything. My boys thought you could shoot foam darts, but there is nothing to pull/push on to do that. There are no directions, and this is just a big hunk of plastic junk with a lot of screws that take you nowhere. Doesn't even make sounds.

Now, that is only one of three reviews. The other two talk about how much the kids love them, and how they love shooting the foam darts and pretending to be Mega Man. So obviously the thing works, and does have a way to shoot the foam darts. Basically, she doesn't think anyone should buy this toy just because she and her kids are too stupid to figure out how to pull back a simple cocking handle and pull a trigger!

Edited by Ambience 327, 27 June 2008 - 07:42 AM.

Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#14 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:24 AM

I love this quote from the "Customer Reviews" section on Amazon:

This toy is ridiculous! It doesn't do anything. My boys thought you could shoot foam darts, but there is nothing to pull/push on to do that. There are no directions, and this is just a big hunk of plastic junk with a lot of screws that take you nowhere. Doesn't even make sounds.

Now, that is only one of three reviews. The other two talk about how much the kids love them, and how they love shooting the foam darts and pretending to be Mega Man. So obviously the thing works, and does have a way to shoot the foam darts. Basically, she doesn't think anyone should buy this toy just because she and her kids are too stupid to figure out how to pull back a simple cocking handle and pull a trigger!

You'd be surprised how many people don't grasp the simple workings of a Nerf gun. I modded a Crossfire one day, and I got it up to around 55-60'. My mom then remarks, "Why can't you make the five on the bottom fire?" Also, another time, a friend of mine went to shoot me with one of my DTGs, and they cock it and fire it after one shot, and try to shoot again saying, "What, you need to cock it after every shot? Can't you mod it to make it Semi-Auto?"

'Outsiders' don't realize what exactly goes on in a Nerf gun. They see it as shooting a light foam dart, and they think of it as a real gun, so they think things like modding it to make it automatic or even semi-automatic should be easy.
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#15 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:53 AM

True, but there is a major difference between understanding the simple concepts of how something actually works, and understanding the even more basic concepts of how to use it.

For example, my grandmother (in her mid 70's) knows how to use her computer quite well - she can read email, use AIM, perform searches, etc. However, she doesn't have the first clue as to how even the most basic functions of the computer actually work (well, she understands electricity, but beyond that it is a mystery to her).

So these people can't even grasp the concept of pulling back a cocking lever and then pulling a trigger. At least your friend using the DTG was able to fire the thing! (And I'd wager your mom would be able to shoot your Crossfire, even if she doesn't understand why all of the "barrels" won't fire.)

Edited by Ambience 327, 27 June 2008 - 09:54 AM.

Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#16 notthedinkus

notthedinkus

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:48 PM

Even if it didn't work, it would be an awesome shell. You could easily put a Nitefinder in there.
WANTED: Somebody to go back in time
with me. This is not a joke. P.O. Box ***,
Oakview CA 93022. You'll get paid after
we get back. Must bring your own
weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have
only done this once before.

#17 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:46 PM

Even if it didn't work, it would be an awesome shell. You could easily put a Nitefinder in there.

No.

But the gun is pretty terrible. Mine's modded with some CPVC and can shoot a stefan maybe 25' on a good day. The overall gun is very small, and won't fit many people's hands. The "plunger" pull back is 2-3inches. the only redeeming qualities are that it's a fucking megaman blaster, and you can use it as a shield. I would not buy this for any other reason than nostalgia.

#18 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:04 PM

No.

But the gun is pretty terrible. Mine's modded with some CPVC and can shoot a stefan maybe 25' on a good day. The overall gun is very small, and won't fit many people's hands. The "plunger" pull back is 2-3inches. the only redeeming qualities are that it's a fucking megaman blaster, and you can use it as a shield. I would not buy this for any other reason than nostalgia.

Well thanks for saving me money. I dont think I will be buying this gun now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users