Built-in Shotgun Upgrade

An upgrade for a longshot carbine

8 replies to this topic

#1 Fenixharth

Fenixharth

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:35 PM

Well I desided to rip apart my hornet to see how it worked then I desided to take out two of the barrles and put them in the front of my Longshot Carbine because it always looked like it needed something in there.

I desided to show the upgrade in compairison shots to the untounched longshot carbines. For anyone that doesn't know what carbines I'm talking about here's a link: Fenixharth Longshot Carbine

And a picture:

Posted Image

So here's what it looks like from the front:
Posted Image

And here's the insides:
Posted Image

So the two barrles are hooked up to an RF20 pump that is glued to the side of the rail on top and the triger is one of the side blast trigers from the hornet that is faceing the inner wall of the front hand-guard and there is a hole drilled into the guard with a button that reaches down to it.

The Barrles are just long enough to fit 3 stub shotgun ammo in it to keep the overall lenght of the gun down. The barrles have a 10 foot wide cone at about 30 feet. Some of the ammo can get farther but not consistantly.

#2 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:08 PM

I like it. I have a longshot carbine also and so I think I just might need a hornet.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#3 Fenixharth

Fenixharth

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:11 PM

Do you have a carbine like mine, or is it your own variant?

Edited by Fenixharth, 24 June 2008 - 10:25 AM.

#4 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:58 PM

Do you have a crabine like mine, or is it your own variant?

mines a little shorter.
Posted Image
And mines a carbine not a crabine

Edited by g-force, 23 June 2008 - 11:59 PM.

QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#5 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:49 PM

Nice. I think the added shotgun-like effect is cool. I'll hopefully be making one of these once I get some LS parts from my friend, but I think I'll put a single Big Salvo tank in instead of the two hornet ones.

-OfAll'
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#6 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:49 PM

The shotgun idea looks very cool. There is a fair amount of dead space that makes integrations like this possible. Well done.
I'd do an integration like that, but I've never liked the idea of buying nerf guns just to gut them and use the parts in something else. When my nerf guns begin to break from regular use, I might seriously consider giving them new life in an integration.
Where, exactly is the tank that holds the air for the shotgun integration?
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#7 CyberPunkGunner

CyberPunkGunner

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:32 PM

Posted Image

Doesn't this minimizing just make it a Recon except that you cock it from the side?
You were born a winner
You were the fastest sperm.

#8 umdlancer

umdlancer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:04 PM

No. Minimizing a Longshot gets rid of that way-too-loose barrel at the front (which reduces range and accuracy), but you still keep the massive plunger tube and decent spring.

The Recons plunger tube isn't even a quarter of the volume, and has a drastically weaker spring.

Regardless of how you cut it, a minimized Longshot is still going to be roughly twice the size of a Recon.

#9 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:21 PM

No. Minimizing a Longshot gets rid of that way-too-loose barrel at the front (which reduces range and accuracy), but you still keep the massive plunger tube and decent spring.

The Recons plunger tube isn't even a quarter of the volume, and has a drastically weaker spring.

Regardless of how you cut it, a minimized Longshot is still going to be roughly twice the size of a Recon.

I believe he meant the looks of it.
-A side of nerf
Southeast Nerf Contingent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users