The Lucky One

Part 2 for my auto grip mod

15 replies to this topic

#1 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:30 AM

Alright, as I said in the first mod this would be a project. The reason is because it has an unusual trigger, you will see later. Now onto the supplies.

Supplies
1" pvc
1/2"pvc
1/2"cpvc
a pipe cutting device
a drill and a drill bit big enough for a screw
hot glue gin with hot glue
box cutter
super glue
small extension spring from any nerf gun used to pull the cocking bar back
plastic from a plastic box
1" pvc coupler
1"to1/2" reducer bushing

First take your auto grip and take off the black wrist strap and undo all of the screws inside and out.
Posted Image

Then trim off all of the pieces on it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
(While trimming stuff off if you get a little hole in the plunger tube just seal it off with some hot glue but make sure it doesn't go to far into the plunger tube to interfere with the plunger movement.)

Then take a dremel to all of the stuff that isn't flush with the plunger tube. Also, sand down quite a bit of the end part so it will fit into the 1" pvc. Then sand away half of the guard around the trigger pin.
Posted Image

Then cut a 1.5" piece of 1/2" pvc.
Posted Image

Cut some cpvc to put into the pvc and make sure you have about 1" of cpvc sticking out for the coupler. Use some super glue to hold the coupler on.
Posted Image

Then cut a tube of 1" pvc about 5" long. Make sure it can have the coupler on and it will have some pvc up against the end of the plunger tube by the plunger rod.
Posted Image

Then put the plunger tube into the new case and hot glue around the end of the plunger tube so it won't move. Then add some hot glue to the back of the gun so it will hold better. Then put the coupler on and hot glue inside that. Then put the reducer bushing on and hot glue so you have an airtight seal and the air will go straight to the barrel.
Posted Image

Then take the 1/2" pvc/ 1/2"cpvc piece and put it into the reducer bushing.
Posted Image

Now take some 1" pvc and cut out your handle. Cut another piece as long as your handle and cut it in half the long way. Just like a snap handle. This is the hard part. Then make your trigger something like this. I made my trigger to be a super sensitive trigger.
Posted Image
(You only need two holes and not three like me, I only used the back extra long one.)

After you have done this cut out part of your handle so the trigger can fit and drill a hole for the screw to go through and hold the trigger in place. Then hot glue the extension spring to the gun and hot glue the handle into place.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I haven't gotten ranges because right now it is 12:30 A.M. but I am sure it is better than 60'.
Now go out and Nerf!
There was a bit of head wind maybe at the most of 5mph
41'
43'
43'
50'
50'
52'
55'
61'
77' Wind probably changed on this one.
Total 472'
Average 52'
I still need to find the correct barrel length though so remember that.

Edited by NerfCrazy, 17 July 2008 - 05:15 PM.

#2 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:59 AM

Let me be the first to tell you great job on this! I thought part one was great but this certainly gets rid of the strange handle and increases the ranges. Now all you need is a frickin sweet paintjob. Like you did on your magstruke with a toucan. Onlt this time with motorized dancing polar bears and rteal bamboo!
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#3 foo fighter

foo fighter

• Banned
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:28 PM

Let me be the first to tell you great job on this! I thought part one was great but this certainly gets rid of the strange handle and increases the ranges. Now all you need is a frickin sweet paintjob. Like you did on your magstruke with a toucan. Onlt this time with motorized dancing polar bears and rteal bamboo!

Polar bears and Bamboo don't really mix... :cry:.

Anyways, I like how it looks like a Mini-snap. I've never actually seen one before and I don't really know how big it is. How big is it compared to a NF? 60 feet is always nice for a pistol.
Gone 8th, 9th, and 10th. Any PMs about DT3 Arrow Shooter Spring I recieve while away will be dealt with when I get back.

#4 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:46 PM

This is really cool. I think that this is most likely about the size of a crossfire? Well, a better comparison would be the LNL. And how is that trigger? It looks a little sharp.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#5 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:17 PM

Polar bears and Bamboo don't really mix... :rolleyes:.

Anyways, I like how it looks like a Mini-snap. I've never actually seen one before and I don't really know how big it is. How big is it compared to a NF? 60 feet is always nice for a pistol.

Sorry I meant panda bears. I was going to put duck wings and a duck head on my bbb.

Chubbs

#6 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:41 PM

Polar bears and Bamboo don't really mix... :rolleyes: .

This is really cool. I think that this is most likely about the size of a crossfire? Well, a better comparison would be the LNL. And how is that trigger? It looks a little sharp.

The trigger was sharp but I put some hot glue on it and cut some of it off to make it rounded.
Posted Image

#7 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:49 PM

And here I was thinking that my autogrip was a doorstop......
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#8 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:47 PM

I forgot to mention I already have a paint job in mind. It will be flat black and hand painted in red on one side it will be From ashes rise and on the other side it will say The lucky one.

#9 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:21 PM

No pandas?

Chubbs

#10 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:39 PM

Not this time but I will paint my next one like that.

#11 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:43 PM

Not this time but I will paint my next one like that.

Sweet I love pandas. I think i will make a south park themed gun.

Chubbs

#12 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:00 PM

SEXUAL HARASSMENT PANDA FOR THE WIN!!!!!

Ahem...

Good mod of an otherwise doorstop.

Next time, just build a pistol SNAP...
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#13 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:05 PM

SEXUAL HARASSMENT PANDA FOR THE WIN!!!!!

Ahem...

Good mod of an otherwise doorstop.

Next time, just build a pistol SNAP...

It wasn't supposed to look like a snap in the first place but I couldn't find the couplers I wanted so I went with this. Also I wanted to turn this thing into a proper pistol and not a pistol that attaches to your wrist. Also, the next gun I make will be a snap.

#14 Your nerf killa

Your nerf killa

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:18 AM

I like G force's idea have a bamboo style color and put a panda on top with 2 angled mini chopsticks as an sight. :P
" Talio likes to eat his own shit. " crispy

" Okay, I have a few things to say:

1. My shit is glorious.
2. Sitting around at a computer all day eating chips is fucking awesome.
3. I liked how you called me big meany head. I'll use that one next time Vacc calls me a faggot. " Talio

#15 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:08 AM

I don't know...I liked it better before.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#16 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:06 PM

Finished painting it and here are the pics.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users