Tail-spinning Problem

with my RFSG

13 replies to this topic

#1 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:08 PM

Ok, a few months ago I purchased an ERTLRFSG and after completely ruining the turret, I decided to single it. I removed the plunger head and added a LS spring and a BBB to it (I still kept the stock spring) and reinforced it like hell. Now this thing has a massive amount of power. I used CPVC for the barrel and the gun fires stefens about 120-150ft with stefens' but when I fire taggers they just tailspin like crazy and fall 10 ft away. I tried adding a piece of PVC over the end of the CPVC to help stablize the taggers but they still tail-spin a little, lose some range, and miss my target. Any one have any suggestions?

*and yes I know that stefens are infinitly better than taggers, but some of my friends are paranoid about being shot by them*

Edited by chefdave, 18 June 2008 - 12:10 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#2 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:14 PM

Are the taggers weighted at all?

#3 baseballnolan5

baseballnolan5

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:15 PM

The problem is the taggers are too light for that much power. An even longer barrel should should solve that by reducing the pressure of the air when it leaves the barrel.
QUOTE View Post

About how much are you holding in the pictures on the spools?

A shit ton.

QUOTE(Langley @ Aug 6 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post

The shot hit Andy squarely in the forehead. He was, in fact, on my team.

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:26 PM

You could stop using the stock darts and stop worrying about why they suck since you said you have Stefans.
SexD Warves

#5 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:48 PM

I did the same thing about a year ago. Hammar 2 or 3" of CPVC into 6" of PVC. It works.

Also, taggers have fewer defects than stefans, making them more accurate. With this, I can hit a 4" wide fencepost 2/5 times atleast from 60'.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#6 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:59 PM

Thanks everyone, yes I know stock darts suck, and dam Qui'lan thats amazing.

Edited by chefdave, 18 June 2008 - 12:59 PM.

QUOTE(crispy) View Post

It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#7 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:20 PM

Try putting a bit of etape around the head.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#8 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:42 PM

This might be a little redundant. The tagger darts create so much turbulence coming out of the barrel they can't go straight at all. Either stuff a 1/4 inch slingshot BB down the end, or cut off the tip and replace it with a BB and hot glue. Otherwise, just use good Stefan's.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#9 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:02 PM

Yeah, you just have too much power. With those ranges out of a springer, tagger darts, even though they are the best stock dart, are quite likely to be too light. And BTW, for your paranoid friends, get some of the felt discs as heads, and some washers like CaptainSlug does. They'll hurt less, and I'm sure your friedns will be fine.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#10 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:02 PM

Ok, I fixed the thing, it is amazing accurate and powerfull now. The only problem is I have to ramrod the darts into the barrel so I am probably going to have to make shells.
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

#11 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:11 PM

Ok, I fixed the thing, it is amazing accurate and powerfull now. The only problem is I have to ramrod the darts into the barrel so I am probably going to have to make shells.

If you make shells it'll most likely decrease your ranges. and its kinda hard to do if you're a noob to shell and clip making.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#12 AJAQ

AJAQ

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:24 PM

You could stop using the stock darts and stop worrying about why they suck since you said you have Stefans.

And you could stop being a dick.

He asked a legit question, and specifically mentioned why he wasn't using Stephans.

Try filling the hollow tips with fill in foam.

They still won't hurt hardly at all, it adds a bit of weight, and they will go a bit straighter.

Edited by AJAQ, 18 June 2008 - 08:27 PM.

~AJAQ~

#13 Dialga

Dialga

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:52 AM

You can just stick some blu-tack at the front of the tagger.

#14 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:29 AM

You can just stick some blu-tack at the front of the tagger.

This topic is 7 months old and you have just created a new topic discussing the same suggestion you've made in this one. Please don't needlessly bring old topics back from the dead. That, and other helpful hints on how not to to get gone, can be found in our handy Code of Conduct.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users