Battle For New York 2 - Recap

Minus the Bees.

46 replies to this topic

#26 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:10 PM

I'd love to go, but the 2 hour drive is pushing it at these gas prices. I'd be coming from 08016 if anyone wants to hitch a ride and chip in for gas??

Just thought I would let you know, I think you might wanna put like town name or something, since many epopel don't memorize zip codes...
Also, I am greatly looking forward to this game. It'll be amazing.
Lastly, hahaha parent playing. Should be funny. Don't mind at all though.

Edited by z80, 01 July 2008 - 08:11 PM.

#27 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:44 PM

Looks like I'm more likely to make it. I will confer with Dark Shrimp and we may be an entourage of 2.

Well it does take two to tango.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#28 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:26 PM

First post updated. I'll add the rules for the different game variants we're gonna play sometime this week.
HERP DERP.

#29 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:42 PM

I'd love to go, but the 2 hour drive is pushing it at these gas prices. I'd be coming from 08016 if anyone wants to hitch a ride and chip in for gas??

Just thought I would let you know, I think you might wanna put like town name or something, since many epopel don't memorize zip codes...
Also, I am greatly looking forward to this game. It'll be amazing.
Lastly, hahaha parent playing. Should be funny. Don't mind at all though.

Thanks. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

It's Burlington NJ, just like the little note that says under my name off to the left
<--ovah here.

I can't find a way to write this so that it doesn't sound sarcastic (oddly enough, maybe it's just me), so this will have to do. No, I'm not being sarcastic. Thanks.
Teehee.

#30 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:29 PM

Can't make it sorry.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#31 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:28 AM

Wow, I fucked up something fierce. I thought the war was still on the 12th. The 19th I cannot do. Shit, totally my bad. I have to READ these damn things more often. It's retarted too because I know I was the one who asked it to be moved in the first place.
I hate you.

#32 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 12:05 PM

I'm good, I will be there, likely with my dad who might also play, depending on how he feels that day.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#33 fuzzydils

fuzzydils

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:27 PM

srry, but where in new york? upstate? i just missed where it is.
I woke up this morning with a bad hangoverAnd my penis was missing again.This happens all the time.
It's detachable. ...I saw my penis lying on a blanketnext to a broken toaster oven.

#34 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:53 PM

srry, but where in new york? upstate? i just missed where it is.

Larchmont NY

#35 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:04 PM

I'm still confirmed and may be able to bring a friend [it would be "Axel Rose" aka the guy who got shot in the eye with a X-Bow at BCNO]. See you all there on the 19th!

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#36 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:42 PM

Please put me down as a maybe, I am still figuring out of way of travel.
TMC

#37 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:40 AM

Attendance updated. I'm really looking forward to this Saturday, guys.
HERP DERP.

#38 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:50 AM

Well, I was wrong. i won't be at camp at that time. Unfortunately, I'll be at Yosemite. Damn. Hopefully, I'll be able to come next year.

EDIT: So take me off of your list.

Edited by Ubermensch, 16 July 2008 - 05:50 AM.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#39 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:04 PM

Ok, so, we have a good attendance for elimination, now, the more detailed logistics:
-We'll be meeting in the parking lot in the directions link at 10:00am, then walk to the field.
-Try and be on time, if you know you're going to be late, post ahead of time or PM me for my cell phone number
-We will be leaving a couple of our group behind just in case anyone shows up late. This will probably keep you from getting lost
-Look like it should be fun!

Edited by Texansharpshooter, 16 July 2008 - 04:04 PM.

HERP DERP.

#40 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:28 AM

I'm not able to make it.
TMC

#41 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:27 PM

EDIT
I should be there tomorrow.
My knee is not in the best shape, but I can function.

-Skitzo

Edited by Skitzo, 18 July 2008 - 05:33 PM.

If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#42 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:27 PM

Are you bringing Titan Kid? We could use the attendance :(
HERP DERP.

#43 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:28 AM

Yes.
I however, probably won't be playing every round.

Skitzo-
If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#44 Texansharpshooter

Texansharpshooter

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:25 PM

Ok, so I turned this thread into a recap thread just to keep it all in one topic.

Anyway, my Highlights included:
-Shooting Max in the shoulder about 20 feet away with my Shoop (The Umbrella Gun) and leaving a massive welt - Sorry Max.
-Watching Titan Kid hang from a tree a good 30 feet above the ground- nothing below him but rocks. Then, suddenly, the tree begins to bend, looking as if it were going to break, but it bends all the way to the ground, and Titan kid hops off completely unscathed.
-Having a fantastic game of outpost (territories); the last 20 minutes of the round were a rally- at one point we would have just about every territory, then, 5 minutes later, we'd only have one.
-The team doubles round- although it lasted the longest, I had some of my best dodges throughout that round.
- My overall shooting with the Shoop- I got probably the most hits ever with this gun today, most shots ranging from 60-110' away.
-Overall, a great war, much better than that during September- YAY NO BEES!

Hope to see everyone in September!
HERP DERP.

#45 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:38 PM

My highlights were:
  • Hitting Texansharpshooter with my 3k in the second outpost round while jumping up to get it over the brush even when I wasn't trying nor did I think I would hit him.
  • Shooting the same teammate twice and nearly a third time in the second outpost round.
  • Thinking DX was Skitzo in the first outpost round and the Titan Kid was DX thus confusing DX when I tried to ask him what he saw when I addressed him as Skitzo.
  • Having enough darts to play the entire time, I had only brought 150, and I thought I'd run out mid-war.
I hope I'll be able to make it in September!

Edited by Blasphemy, 19 July 2008 - 05:38 PM.

When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#46 madmax

madmax

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:26 AM

My highlights
1) Annoying blasphemy by popping up in front of him all the time and getting shot, even though we were teammates.
2) My Forest Gump rushes, essentially sprinting all the way around the playing field and causing general mayhem. accompanied by a "RUN FOREST RUN!!!"
3) My team winning a outpost round from having 1 outpost to 4 outposts in about 3 minutes.
4) pulling the trigger on my nitefinder to have the whole plunger tube and barrel assembly pop out the front. so much for the new ones having stronger plastic.

PS- Texan, i still have that welt and it was SOOOO unnecessary to do that, i guess ill have to get you back with the big blast at an even closer range.
Tech Target Breech
Zues Bottom of page

Trespassers will be used for scientific experiments

DAMN! I just lost the game...

#47 Titan

Titan

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:23 AM

Everyone thought that I was going to fall from the tree 30 feet up and brake my legs, I thought it was fun but just a little dangerous.
About the Recon "This may sound completely retarded, but would anything happen to the gun if you cut off the orange tube that says "ARMED"? It really annoys me that there is something sticking out of the back when you cock it instead of having nothing there at all." n-strike

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users