Nerf Swords

Made by your favorite blacksmith, Kossaxx

36 replies to this topic

#1 kossaxx

kossaxx

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:12 PM

Here's a small example of the nerf swords i make when, well, things just gotta get more personal than a foam dart. Excellent for melee combat during outdoor nerf battles or stand alone sword duels alike!

Posted Image
Posted Image
The original, well balanced long sword and wieldy short sword. Blade is coated in foam making truely nerf and suitable for fun and (reasonably...) safe combat

Posted Image
Posted Image
note the ridge spiraling around the handle, adding grip and none too shabby for aesthetics. This particular style bears the simple cross handguard and given a red accent color (out of white, blue, green, red, yellow, orange, and purple options)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Heres another handguard option set next to the cross for comparison, this one being the second i did out of about 12 varieties so far, but you can make pretty much any shape any style you want. Also this flavor has a solid nylon cord grip wrapped around the handle, functional and again looks very nice.

Posted Image
Posted Image
I have access to a much larger armory than just swords. Heres a double sided "axe". Great for catching enemy weapons and commands a much greater force behind each swing, sacrificeing speed and monouverability.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Anouther example of an axe and in a more traditional shape as well. A "bastard" axe well suited for double or single hand usage

Posted Image
Posted Image
Nerf spear. Incredibly deadly, and devestating in capable hands. About 7 to 8 feet long and by far the least portable... but who cares?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Tonfas. Etreame speed, manueverability, and ease of use. Short range and low damage. (The fast but weak chick)

Posted Image
[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=148&i=backup2197kj0.png]
2 of my guys about to go at it. Bow staff vs. spear. this was about 2 1/2 - 3 years ago.
You decide to enter when my fist swings hello

#2 Sleebo

Sleebo

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:20 PM

First thing that popped into my mind?: DBF

Second?: Star Wars Kid

And yet....

Edited by Sleebo, 12 June 2008 - 08:14 PM.

QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 13 2008, 09:58 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Nonsense Man @ Apr 13 2008, 05:48 PM) View Post

Ya FA24 put felt in between the bolt handles and the shell of the gun.

FA24!? is that a grade of felt or something!?

#3 psychoswan

psychoswan

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:25 PM

I kind of agree.
But I gotta give props on construction, those obviously took a lot of time to make.
I say whatever works for you.
INCONCEIVABLE!

#4 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:27 PM

These are the coolest melee weapons I have ever seen. I really like that double-sided axe. And sleebo, come on, these are kind of cool. I would have posted this in the off-topic forum as opposed to the modifications forum though, because, like sleebo said, it is'nt quite nerf. But these are really cool looking. Props. Although, if you get a little too in to the game, you can hurt somebody pretty bad. Even if it is covered in foam.
EDIT: You know, I think you should make nun-chuks. That would just be freakin' awesome.

Edited by Bomberman, 12 June 2008 - 02:28 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#5 Sleebo

Sleebo

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:34 PM

You know, I think you should make nun-chuks. That would just be freakin' awesome.

Do you guys just look youtube at for ideas? Haha. Just joking around.

And what would a short distance 'weapon' such as nun-chucks be used efficiently for? I mean, you have guns that can shoot 100+ feet, nun-chucks just wouldn't cut it. I think at least.

Edited by Sleebo, 12 June 2008 - 02:34 PM.

#6 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:42 PM

Nerf, not Foam Sword Battle.

Why do you post in topics like this only to complain about something "not being Nerf," while overlooking the effort and functionality of the actual product?

Why is this in the Mods section?

About the subject: I don't know about their legality in wars, but they still look cool. How thick is the foam padding on your weapons, on average? Also, how durable are they? Does the core material warp after decent use, or is it pretty rigid?

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 12 June 2008 - 02:42 PM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#7 foo fighter

foo fighter

• Banned
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:59 PM

I agree with SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA 100%.

But aside from how long the core will last, what is the core? PVC? CPVC? Just curious, these look fun to make!

EDIT: And how exactly do you play with them? I mean, like, is it a one-hit-K.O. or what? Because if it's OHKO, then I can see your Tonfas being extremly useful.

Edited by foo fighter, 12 June 2008 - 03:05 PM.

Gone 8th, 9th, and 10th. Any PMs about DT3 Arrow Shooter Spring I recieve while away will be dealt with when I get back.

#8 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 03:49 PM

As for nun-chuks, I did'nt really think they'd be functional, you know, just for shits and giggles.
And I'm pretty sure he's using PVC as a core.

Edited by Bomberman, 12 June 2008 - 03:50 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#9 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:36 PM

Those look awesome. Good job.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#10 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:40 PM

Belegarth?

I noticed the tape, sizes and shape.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#11 kossaxx

kossaxx

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:49 PM

Third?: Stupidity.

wow, well when you're done fucking your mother i would like to see you make something half as nice as these

Why do you post in topics like this only to complain about something "not being Nerf," while overlooking the effort and functionality of the actual product?

Why is this in the Mods section?

About the subject: I don't know about their legality in wars, but they still look cool. How thick is the foam padding on your weapons, on average? Also, how durable are they? Does the core material warp after decent use, or is it pretty rigid?

thank you. Anyway, i posted in the mod section simply because thats the one i always check and i didnt even think of the other threads, it just completely passed my mind, my bad. The padding is about a centimeter to half an inch thick with thicker padding on the thrusting point. It's not meant to make it feel good when you get hit, it stings, but it does keep you from actually being injured while still looking slick and functional. They're not indestructible, but theyre meant for full contact usage and will stand up fine to being whacked together forcefully. However, if you are just trying to break them you will. Its a PVC core that i have reinforced and weighted to balance out the sword. I wont warp unless you leave it in your car in direct sunlight for a weekend, then i promise you it will. It would however shatter it you just smashed it into a steel beam over and over again.

I agree with SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA 100%.

But aside from how long the core will last, what is the core? PVC? CPVC? Just curious, these look fun to make!

EDIT: And how exactly do you play with them? I mean, like, is it a one-hit-K.O. or what? Because if it's OHKO, then I can see your Tonfas being extremly useful.

you can come up with whatever rules you want and change it up from game to game. Typically in one on one duels we use a point system, with head contact weighing more. In group fights you get "stunned" for a period of time if hit, with last man standing winning.

I actually have made nunchucks before easily, but they are utterly worthless in a fight and not even worth mentioning... haha. Also you could just as easily go out and purchase a pair of foam covered chucks if you really wanted to.

Lastly, i dont know why you would consider H2H not nerf. Hand 2 hand has been a long established and prized aspect of nerf battles. Im far from the first to come up with the idea. Nerf is foam based combat with your friends, how is this any different?

Belegarth?

I noticed the tape, sizes and shape.

Bwa? What is this Belegarth you speak of?!

#12 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:49 PM

Haha, these look really awesome, but I can't quite see their practicality in a war. Unless we all ran out of ammo somehow and decided to duke it out at close range or something. But, kudos for the designs, very well done indeed.

Edit: Well now that you mention it, a h2h round sounds pretty cool, perhaps between normal rounds just to make it interesting.

Edited by Shadowblade, 12 June 2008 - 04:52 PM.

Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#13 foo fighter

foo fighter

• Banned
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:47 PM

That actually sounds really fun. I might just have to throw something together this weekend ^_^ .
Gone 8th, 9th, and 10th. Any PMs about DT3 Arrow Shooter Spring I recieve while away will be dealt with when I get back.

#14 Sleebo

Sleebo

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:23 PM

wow, well when you're done fucking your mother i would like to see you make something half as nice as these

Just for the record, my mother is the most beautiful women in the world and people who make "Yo mama" jokes need to stop.

Also, I apologize for being a little to harsh, I could see this being fun. I just don't have the time to make these. But the youtube videos were just too good to pass up.

Edited by Sleebo, 12 June 2008 - 06:39 PM.

#15 laxtk88

laxtk88

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:37 PM

Just for the record, my mother is the most beautiful women in the world.

You have been quoted.

Edited by laxtk88, 12 June 2008 - 06:45 PM.

QUOTE(Sleebo @ Jun 12 2008, 07:23 PM) View Post

#16 Sleebo

Sleebo

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:40 PM

Just for the record, my mother is the post beautiful women in the world.

You have been quoted.

Finally!

And you sir, are a perv.

But she is and everyone should think that they're mom is as well.

#17 laxtk88

laxtk88

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:44 PM

Finally!

And you sir, are a perv.

It's not a good thing in this case.

No, I'm not.

I don't check out family members. Especially one I can out of.

Edited by laxtk88, 12 June 2008 - 06:45 PM.

QUOTE(Sleebo @ Jun 12 2008, 07:23 PM) View Post

#18 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:53 PM

I really like the battle axes and swords. Boffing looks cool, I saw it in Shindig's sig.

Do you actually use these when you nerf???

I'd love a Daedric Nerfsword....

Edit:

That may be illegal to say...

Edited by keef, 12 June 2008 - 06:57 PM.

Timothy M-Lick <3

#19 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:54 PM

Why did this turn into a heated debate on the looks of one's motherly figure?

I think this actually looks pretty damn cool. I know OMC used a sword at APOC last year, so it really all depends with these. If the core is PVC, there had better be some thick foam covering it and it had better stay on well. I don't really want to get hit in the face with a piece of piping.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#20 kossaxx

kossaxx

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 07:32 PM

Why did this turn into a heated debate on the looks of one's motherly figure?

I think this actually looks pretty damn cool. I know OMC used a sword at APOC last year, so it really all depends with these. If the core is PVC, there had better be some thick foam covering it and it had better stay on well. I don't really want to get hit in the face with a piece of piping.

Yeah the foam wont come off, the whole thing would break befor that would happen, and it would take alot for the whole thing to break. It still hurts when you get hit in the face with a hard swing though, just the way it should be... You wont get injured or anything though.

Just for the record, my mother is the most beautiful women in the world and people who make "Yo mama" jokes need to stop.

Also, I apologize for being a little to harsh, I could see this being fun. I just don't have the time to make these. But the youtube videos were just too good to pass up.

Apology accepted

heres another pic i just took: posing with my sword in a sheath i also made. This also gives you a sense of scale of the sword, as i am 6'
Posted Image
Posted Image

im planning on offering my services and taking custom orders on ebay, with choices like color, legnth, grip style, handguard shape and so on, ill post a link when i set an auction up, or just search for nerf sword in the near future if anyone interested

#21 Sleebo

Sleebo

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:08 PM

You, are, built!

And you have a punchingbag, a laptop, an air hockey table, a dart board, a sweet couch and a bunch of nerf guns.

And a sweet sword.

And laxtk88" It's figuratively speaking when one says that they're mother is the most beautiful woman in the world, I am stating that she can be matched be no other in her in inner and outer beauty, not "checking her out" Wait, I don't want to get in to this even more.

Edited by Sleebo, 12 June 2008 - 08:13 PM.

#22 BoOogers

BoOogers

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:16 PM

Just for the record, my mother is the most beautiful women in the world

I'd like to meet your mother then ^_^

Anyway, the swords look badass. Well done, Kossaxx. At DCNO, one guy had something like that, but it was a bat instead of a sword. Good for probing around corners before you turn.

-BoOogas
Nerf... my anti-drug

#23 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:31 PM

You, are, built!

And you have a punchingbag, a laptop, an air hockey table, a dart board, a sweet couch and a bunch of nerf guns.

And a sweet sword.

looks like you've got an admirer kossaxx

#24 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 10:40 PM

Just for the record, my mother is the post beautiful women in the world.

You have been quoted.

Finally!

And you sir, are a perv.

Wait....so I should find my mom more atractive then the lady I made out with two hours ago? WHAT KIND OF WORLD DO WE LIVE IN???!?!?!

Boffing is fun, I enjoy it, and if you want to use a sword at a nerf event, I wll gladly join you. Its fun, nerf is fun, why not?
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#25 stickfigure91x

stickfigure91x

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:20 AM

If nerf is about having fun, who cares if you're not using guns. The Effeminateness of drawing a sword in the middle of a gun fight is too awesome to pass up. Complaining about melee weapons seems pretty counterproductive to the spirit of nerf to me.
The laughing will cease when the effectiveness is proven.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users