Photo

Noobs

23 replies to this topic

#1 PharaonArin

PharaonArin

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:04 PM

I saw this and it made me laugh so i thought you guys would like to see it.

Noobs

#2 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:00 PM

If I don't recognize a user name, I consider them at least a newb. It goes downhill from there...
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#3 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:03 PM

This is exactly what we need. This should be copied over and stickied. Thare are plenty of n00bs around here, who expect everyone to use the search function for them, and then take all the credit for the shitty mod they produce as a result. They should read this.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#4 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:09 PM

But there's another kind of noob, too- one who thinks he's not a noob, but goes out of his way to plagiarize the work of others, not giving them credit for it, and all along says he's "helping". Oh, and he makes frequent testicle references.

Not to name any names or anything.
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#5 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:42 PM

Yeah not to mention any names, but some guy really should read this. His initials are Cough Longshot Wielder Cough. OOps. Anyway, yes, omega I agree about that kind of noob too. I think that plagarizing someone's work should be bannable. If I do a mod where something has already been done, I say so in my mod. Not fair, noobs love to take credit for everything.

AND: Trying to buy a NIB xbow each week.

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 10 June 2008 - 08:43 PM.

#6 PharaonArin

PharaonArin

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:25 PM

But there's another kind of noob, too- one who thinks he's not a noob, but goes out of his way to plagiarize the work of others, not giving them credit for it, and all along says he's "helping". Oh, and he makes frequent testicle references.

Not to name any names or anything.

Haha i thought you were talking about me for a second. But my favorite part was how to type noobish. Just bang your head on the keyboard. :P

#7 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:47 AM

Haha i thought you were talking about me for a second. But my favorite part was how to type noobish. Just bang your head on the keyboard. :lol:

Your signature quote is absolutely horrible. Failure to change or remove it will provoke me.

#8 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:03 PM

That article would be hillarious - if it wasn't so firmly grounded in reality and truth!!!
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#9 BoOogers

BoOogers

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:34 PM

I think it's hilarious regardless of the fact that its completely true.
Nerf... my anti-drug

#10 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:07 PM

This is exactly what we need. This should be copied over and stickied. Thare are plenty of n00bs around here, who expect everyone to use the search function for them, and then take all the credit for the shitty mod they produce as a result. They should read this.

Haha, remember StanDan the Sni.per? He said he was new here and "didn't have time" to search how to make a Longshot double clip...
But if you ask me, if they are going to make a wretched mod, they SHOULD take credit for it. It'll show that they don't have a clue about what they're doing, and they'll (hopefully) learn to act better next time. If they aren't banned before then.

Edited by Salmon, 11 June 2008 - 07:09 PM.

Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#11 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:21 AM

Haha, remember StanDan the Sni.per? He said he was new here and "didn't have time" to search how to make a Longshot double clip...
But if you ask me, if they are going to make a wretched mod, they SHOULD take credit for it. It'll show that they don't have a clue about what they're doing, and they'll (hopefully) learn to act better next time. If they aren't banned before then.

Yea, I remember him, I was the one who gave him explicit steps to using the search function, which he still proved unable to do. He then started insulting me in semi-noobish (he didn't use 1337, or lololol)
Picture perfect n00b. Man I don't have time what a lame excuse. He still had time to post all the crap he did, and that time could have been used to search.

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 13 June 2008 - 11:21 AM.

#12 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:48 PM

I like to argue that n00bs actually don't really exist; they are just lazy kids who either are under 13 and shouldn't be on Internet forums anyway, or teenagers who are used to their parents doing the grunt research work for them. They literally have not developed the concepts of internet etiquette, nor have a good grasp on how to spell and use grammar effectively. They don't consider it important mostly because they haven't been genuinely insulted for their ignorance.
I don't want to sound arrogant, but it is an insult to the good, contributing members to have to deal with people who are about the same age as them, but don't have nearly the same maturity level. Despite the fact that NerfHaven gets a ton of new members, quite a few are assets to the community. It sucks sometimes that admins in most forums HAVE to be quite strict, lest some retard lash out and flame people in the face of polite and reasonable criticism and instruction.

A lot of people don't care if you call them a n00b, but I've found in my experience as a mod in another forum that it is best to write them off as annoying children as you wield the ban-hammer. Sending them on an extended posting vacation until they are 18 usually suffices.
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#13 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:48 PM

Err, it was satire. Not exactly as serious as your taking it.

But i did try hitting my head on the keyboard, it kept beeping.
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#14 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:29 PM

I'd like to hear what you all (Not including lynx) think about me (alright, fine, call me an asshole, lynx).

Actually, I saw this, read through the whole thing, and then bookmarked it. And then just about ten minutes ago I referenced it to someone. Hope they give me a textbook noob response.
QUOTE(One Man Clan) View Post
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?
QUOTE(Foamfoot) View Post
Maybe if we download Ubuntu Christian edition, God will help us install it.

#15 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:25 PM

I can type in n00bese

"gvfbtjv fc bmb chikcrfuhjikuhyj7tvrtfgyuhki bvdshnjkjlj bng"
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#16 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:48 PM

I can type in n00bese

And... The purpose of that post was?... :lol:
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#17 foo fighter

foo fighter

• Banned
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:01 PM

I can type in n00bese

And... The purpose of that post was?... :huh:

To prove he is "n00bese" as he called it. Kinda ironic that he posted that on a thread about "Noobs".

...Made me laugh anyways....
Gone 8th, 9th, and 10th. Any PMs about DT3 Arrow Shooter Spring I recieve while away will be dealt with when I get back.

#18 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:42 PM

My biggest irk is when people think that all 'newbs' are n00bs.

Yes, it's a very easy assumption to jump to, as it's probably around 80% true, but still, we all know what assuming does...
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#19 C5 Z

C5 Z

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:42 AM

nice find :lol:

#20 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:33 PM

Ha Ha pawn is so fun. I hate noobs. the guy that made the guide is funny. does any one else here play pawn
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#21 Kazimir

Kazimir

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:24 PM

The phenomenon that is being described is what we like to call "Endless September".

Back in the day *cough* I'm old *cough* every September, new college students would arrive at campus and have e-mail and usenet access for the first time in their lives. They didn't know etiquette or how to use the available search facilities (archie, WAIS, gopher - yeah, I'm that old) and were generally a nuisance for a couple of months until they either learned or got sick of being told to learn and left.

When AOL started carrying newsgroups, and ever since people have been able to just get Internet access at home in droves, there have been too many new users unfamiliar with netiquette to actually school - and then they don't know to school anybody, and it all goes downhill from there. Endless September. The Internet is full of people without the sense to realize that they're boors.

There's your Internet history lesson for the day from a guy who was there.

#22 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:42 PM

I had a friend who was a n00b. He was *sob* addicted *sob* to the rawket lawnchair in Halo 3.
Now he plays call of duty4 and uses Juggernaut... the poor kid is helpless. I don't even want to talk about it anymore. OH POOR ORLANDO!!! WHY?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#23 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 11:53 AM

Hahaha rocket lawnchair. You watch too much arby n the chief. Yeah I have a buddy like that. He thinks the RPD is 'TEH 1337" and uses it constantly, and sucks.

#24 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 12:06 PM

Hahaha rocket lawnchair. You watch too much arby n the chief. Yeah I have a buddy like that. He thinks the RPD is 'TEH 1337" and uses it constantly, and sucks.

The funny thing is I created a class just to piss him off. M14+NoobTube, Stopping Power, MartyDame ( I call it that because he pronounces it MartyDom, like Notre Dame). Does he use a grip or sight on his RPD?
EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users