Photo

Longshot Problem

7 replies to this topic

#1 Tehmandude

Tehmandude

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:43 PM

I've been working on my Longshot, I gave it an amateur paintjob and put an ERTL rapid-fire shotgun spring in it along with the normal one. But after I finished putting the gun back together, I found that I couldn't load the magazine in, and the bolt moved a little bit to the left. Can someone help me with this problem?

I searched but couldn't find a solution.

I also took off the clip lock (referring to CaptainSlug's picture), it's gone for good.
QUOTE(umdlancer @ Mar 25 2008, 04:29 AM) View Post

If you accidentally clock somebody with a doubleshot, then you're more liable to break the doubleshot than you are to cause serious injury.

PM me if selling a NIB or LNNB LnL.

#2 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:50 PM

I think it's that you put your plunger head on wrong. There's only one way it fits all the way on. Open the gun back up and unscrew the plunger head and line up the notch with the cut out slit. When you have it placed on correctly it should go together more than any other way.

#3 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:17 AM

http://nerfhaven.com...ndpost&p=107596
Timothy M-Lick <3

#4 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:18 AM

The magazine lock was what held the mag in its well. You NEED that piece. Try to make a duplicate by bonding PVC, Lexan, etc. together. However, your actual problem is most likely what keef posted.
Otherwise, check the plunger head like Retiate said. Also, check that the plate on the back of the plunger tube isn't warped, and that it rests correctly in place. Make sure the bolt and the bolt sled are not twisted, bent, or warped in any way.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 09 June 2008 - 03:20 AM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#5 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:51 AM

I had a similar problem. I took everything out, made sure it was in correctly according to the picture in the longshot thread, and then it worked fine. If you added a stronger spring, you should probably shave a little bit off the backs of the clips so they go in.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#6 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:33 PM

I did this once too. I literally had the entire plunger rotated 180 degrees inside. Don't ask how i managed that one, but it wouldn't work very well. Also I'm not a fan of using aftermarket springs in guns because they can weaken or damage parts. You may be having some of these issues due to the extra spring.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#7 Tehmandude

Tehmandude

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:01 PM

I found that the bolt isn't pulling far enough to let the magazine in. But I'm not sure why.
QUOTE(umdlancer @ Mar 25 2008, 04:29 AM) View Post

If you accidentally clock somebody with a doubleshot, then you're more liable to break the doubleshot than you are to cause serious injury.

PM me if selling a NIB or LNNB LnL.

#8 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:15 AM

I found that the bolt isn't pulling far enough to let the magazine in. But I'm not sure why.

Try shaving a little bit off of the feed lips for each magazine (on the back of the feed lips, where the tails of the darts go.). If that doesn't work, then the extra spring is too long. If you place the LS and shotgun springs next to each other, and find that the shotgun's is longer, trim off a ring or two and then reassemble the gun. It should be fine.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users