Just Had The Greatest Idea!

Snapping darts!

9 replies to this topic

#1 Nerf-a-Rama

Nerf-a-Rama

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:55 AM

Snapping darts. When they hit the target, the tip pops! I just did it and it was awesome. all you have to do is get the fireworks poppers (you throw them and the pop when they hit) and rip off the end of a dart and stick the popper in the end and shoot! did anyone else ever try this? (i can get a video if needed)

#2 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:10 AM

Snapping darts. When they hit the target, the tip pops! I just did it and it was awesome. all you have to do is get the fireworks poppers (you throw them and the pop when they hit) and rip off the end of a dart and stick the popper in the end and shoot! did anyone else ever try this? (i can get a video if needed)

No I didn't try it. That's why my friends are still alive, and I am not in jail. Seriously dude, this is stupid. I popped some caps near my skin once, and got burned bad. Imagine that hitting someone's kneecap? That would hurt like hell. I cannot see this ever having any potential at all.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#3 Nerf-a-Rama

Nerf-a-Rama

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:12 AM

me and MY friends throw these at each other's backs all the time! And we never caught on fire :/

#4 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:15 AM

Throw vs. shooting out of a high powered gun. Big ass difference. Im just trying to get at that these wouldn't be allowed at a war.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#5 Nerf-a-Rama

Nerf-a-Rama

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:18 AM

Throw vs. shooting out of a high powered gun. Big ass difference. Im just trying to get at that these wouldn't be allowed at a war.

well, we never used high-powered guns. we always used stock mavericks

#6 Kash munni

Kash munni

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:40 PM

Dude he's talking about the little white things you throw at the ground usually. Not like cap-gun caps. The white things you can just squeeze in yout fingers and they just make a pop noise and bust open.

Not saying this is a good idea, just correcting you.

#7 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:41 PM

I've tried that before. It is kinda lame and you have to refurbish the dart each time you use it.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#8 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:13 PM

Why not just take a piece of bubble wrap and glue it over the weight?
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#9 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:22 PM

Why not just take a piece of bubble wrap and glue it over the weight?

Now that is a safe idea. I would say a bubble wrap dome, but much better than pop-its darts. This does'nt have much of any potential. 'Nuff said.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#10 eddieoctane

eddieoctane

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:25 PM

Snapping darts would be a waste of time. It would take a lot of time to prepare them. They will wear out sooner, there is a good chance you set of the snapper before you fire it, and you have to keep buying snappers.

As far as the pain issue, you can bite the things without any harm, you can get shot with a modified nerf gun and not be hurt, the 2 combined will not do anything.
C8H18

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users