Photo

Nf Reinforcement?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:03 PM

I was searching but found nothing... I have a spring that blew the front out of my other nite finder and I just put it in another, hot glued all around the plunger (its not moving with this hot glue unless I shove it in a freezer for an hour... this is some strong hot glue...) however I believe this might not be enough... I would like to reinforce where the barrel is(I mean the empty space that is outside the gun between where the barrel starts and where the thing that holds the barrel is. Any help at all is very appreciated. This spring is really hard to pull back so I'm thinking it is comparable to a BBB spring. Thanks again!

#2 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:27 PM

Well from the looks of it, it sounds like your spring is too big. A spring that big (even if the barrel doesn't blow out) can be bad for the plunger head. If you still want to continue to use this spring, you might want to cross Plastic Pull Ties around the hot glued area in a criss cross fashion. If what I am picturing is right than this should work. Is there any chance of posting a picture?
-A side of nerf

Edited by A side of nerf, 07 June 2008 - 07:53 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

#3 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:56 AM

Well from the looks of it, it sounds like your spring is too big. A spring that big (even if the barrel doesn't blow out) can be bad for the plunger head. If you still want to continue to use this spring, you might want to cross Plastic Pull Ties around the hot glued area in a criss cross fashion. If what I am picturing is right than this should work. Is there any chance of posting a picture?

sure... I cant get a picture of the spring though because that would involve me tearing apart the hot glue which i learned yesterday was bad to do with a knife... I got blood on my sm500...

#4 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:09 AM

Fill all the empty gaps with J.B, Welds. Wait till it dries. It'll be a bit heavier but rock solid.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#5 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:13 AM

Fill all the empty gaps with J.B, Welds. Wait till it dries. It'll be a bit heavier but rock solid.

Is that available at home depot? Or will I need to make a trip to ace, hobby lobby, michaels, etc? Also what section would that be in?

#6 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:36 AM

Is that available at home depot? Or will I need to make a trip to ace, hobby lobby, michaels, etc? Also what section would that be in?

Home Depot, ACE, Lowes should all have it. I found it near the chalking section in both my local Lowes and my ACE. It should be in the adhisive/epoxy section.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#7 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:54 AM

Yeah, you can even get it at Wal-Mart. However the stuff is a little tricky to work with. There are right ways and wrong ways and it needs to be mixed perfectly. Send me a message if you need some help with it.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#8 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:54 AM

Car stores have it too but rember JB-Weld is only a brand name two part epoxy.

Edited by Longshot Wielder, 05 June 2008 - 10:54 AM.

Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#9 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:37 AM

So any 2 part epoxy would work then? If so then I believe I have some here at my house.

#10 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:26 PM

Should but if that doesn't work you can use steel weld epoxy or putty I like 1 min epoxy because it's strong and will work as a sealant as most strong addhesives do.

Edited by Longshot Wielder, 05 June 2008 - 10:27 PM.

Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"

#11 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:45 PM

So any 2 part epoxy would work then? If so then I believe I have some here at my house.

JB kwik is the best epoxy ever. JB weld is stronger, but it takes forever to set. JB kwik is perfect for anything nerf. Bloody strong, and it dries bloody fast.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#12 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:51 AM

Yeah but don't like JB-Weld because it's hard to get even amounts of steel and hardener So I just use the Epoxy that you push down on top. JB-Weld is just a steel weld epoxy but any epoxy sould work as a sealant.
Favorite Quotes:

#13 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:02 PM

Yeah reinforce your spring modded nf's. I modded my friend's nf with an ace 49 spring it it gradual lost range over time due to it going juggernaut on it's own internals and slowly killing itself.
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#14 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:42 PM

Also the spring would have weakened.

Duh?
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users