Pbpb Writeup

12 replies to this topic

#1 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:53 PM

Posted Image
And as promised in the writeup here are some internal pictures (post 18)(thanks for finding them lynx and thanks for hosting them rockfordnerfer)
http://nerfhaven.com...opic=10845&st=0
EDIT: it was insanely large so I made it smaller...

Edited by Kid Flash, 04 June 2008 - 08:16 AM.

#2 Gyrvalcon

Gyrvalcon

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:16 PM

A fine, simple mod, but posting "eyeballed" ranges will only get you grief on the Haven. Get us ranges, fired exactly level from shoulder height and you'll have our attention.
-Knowledge Is Power-

#3 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:19 PM

A fine, simple mod, but posting "eyeballed" ranges will only get you grief on the Haven. Get us ranges, fired exactly level from shoulder height and you'll have our attention.

I plan on doing that sometime this week... Im a little tired right now. 11 20 here.

#4 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:57 AM

By making your text part of the graphic, no one will be able to search for this writeup. And if you insist on doing that, please increase your leading....it's hard to read this way.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#5 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:02 AM

I was wondering why the text seemed so close. If it bothers you that much I guess i can try to change it...

edit: nevermind i cant figure it out in photoshop.

Edited by Kid Flash, 04 June 2008 - 07:05 AM.

#6 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:07 AM

edit: nevermind i cant figure it out in photoshop.

Highlight your text, then...

Posted Image

This is for Photoshop 7, but it's something that doesn't change that much.

#7 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:17 AM

Thanks carbon... Are you on a pc? I think thats why I saw a bunch of difference in your windows and mine... Or it could be that Im on cs3...

#8 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:37 AM

Thanks carbon... Are you on a pc? I think thats why I saw a bunch of difference in your windows and mine... Or it could be that Im on cs3...

My work system is Photoshop 7 on a PC, yeah. I have here, I just don't use it very often. I opened it up out of curiosity, and noticed that the Window menu is alphabetical, so that would probably be a bit different.

I honestly forget what it looks like on a Mac...I'll have to check at home. Anyway, my frequently used palettes are either always up, or I get them with an F-key, so I don't look at the Window menu very often.

#9 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:19 PM

First off , this was purchased at TRU right? Secondly , what was the price of this gun? I searched and cant seem to find anyone mentioning the price.

I guess I am off to TRU this weekend to get one of these.

Any chance of a video?

Jackster

#10 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:51 PM

Yes it was at toys r us. It was 10 bucks. I might be able to get a video up if I can figure out hosting on photobucket... And if it can host the type of video my camera makes.

#11 Vishamon

Vishamon

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:09 PM

Nice, I did a version of this to my Pbpb, and replaced the stock barrels with CPVC, which fits perfectly into the coupler-like bits on the inside of the clip that hold the stock barrel assembly in place. That last part is important, as the stock barrels are too short to accomidate stock micros. Good to see I wasn't the only one who bought this gun!
Edit: Also, I removed the bit at the top of the clip that prevents it coming out the bottom of the gun, as I disliked loading the clip from the top. It now loads from the bottom like a right proper gun should, and works like a dream. I'll take pictures of the part that I did differently on request.

Edited by Vishamon, 04 June 2008 - 10:12 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 8 2009, 08:40 AM) View Post

I think everyone who reads or contributes to this site needs to take a big stap back and reallize we're discussing nerf guns. The fate of absolutely NOTHING important depends on what you, me, or anyone else does

#12 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:00 AM

Nice, I did a version of this to my Pbpb, and replaced the stock barrels with CPVC, which fits perfectly into the coupler-like bits on the inside of the clip that hold the stock barrel assembly in place. That last part is important, as the stock barrels are too short to accomidate stock micros. Good to see I wasn't the only one who bought this gun!
Edit: Also, I removed the bit at the top of the clip that prevents it coming out the bottom of the gun, as I disliked loading the clip from the top. It now loads from the bottom like a right proper gun should, and works like a dream. I'll take pictures of the part that I did differently on request.

I was afraid it might fall out too easily though... I find it easier to load from the top. I dont believe that you can fie micros out of it though because you would have to cut the shell or just singly load them. I have tried singly loading them but they seem to have too much weight for this gun except the streamlines which do very well in it. So really now if you wanted to you could double up your clips... Buy another just for the clip and have a 16 round clip.

#13 Vishamon

Vishamon

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:34 PM

I dont believe that you can fie micros out of it though because you would have to cut the shell or just singly load them.

That's correct. You have to remove the rear of the shell to the clip, and pull out the stock barrels. Then you can cut cpvc to fit, and slide it into the position that the stock barrels were in. The reason that this works is that the ARs took up space at the rear of the stock barrels, this space can now be used to allow room for the end of the darts. CTDSs can fit entirely inside the clip if it is re-barreled. Actually, the micros that come with the Pbpb are a bit to fat to fit into the cpvc, so stock micros and stefans get much better ranges after the barrel replacement. if you guys want to pool together around $3 I'll be able to buy another one, and then I can do a full write up on what I'm talking about. Alternatively, if someone else wants one of these, I would mod it pro bono. I'd be willing to do the mod for the first person who pms me willing to pay the cost of the gun + shipping. Naturally, I would make a write up in this case as well.
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 8 2009, 08:40 AM) View Post

I think everyone who reads or contributes to this site needs to take a big stap back and reallize we're discussing nerf guns. The fate of absolutely NOTHING important depends on what you, me, or anyone else does

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users