Indiana Jones

and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

18 replies to this topic

#1 Spartan 117

Spartan 117

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:19 AM

I really liked it, I don't see why some people hated it. I just wanted to see what other people thought of it.
The enrichment center reminds you that the weighted companion cube cannot speak. In the event that it does speak, we urge you to disregard it's advice.

#2 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 09:57 AM

I really liked it, I don't see why some people hated it. I just wanted to see what other people thought of it.

The first five minutes or so and the last five minutes or so were kinda corny/weird, respectively. The parts in between were really great, though. I love Shia LeBeouf, and I have ever since watching "Even Stevens" like 7 years ago.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#3 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:42 AM

Call me crazy, but I liked it. The theme of the movie was the cold war, so the rather unique plot device worked for me. I thought I was going to hate Shia Labeouf, but he turned out to be a pretty good character. Harrison Ford is still a badass. 'nuff said.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#4 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:34 AM

I have not seen it yet, I have a projector television at my house, so I'm gonna save the 30 bucks for something I could really use (SMDTG set maybe) and wait till it comes out on DVD. But I think it looks good. I think it is really awesome that they overlooked Harrison Ford's age, and still got him to play the part, instead of just getting a fresh face. I mean, I can understand a new actor for his sidekick, but there is only one Indiana Jones.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#5 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:46 AM

I have not seen it yet, I have a projector television at my house, so I'm gonna save the 30 bucks for something I could really use (SMDTG set maybe) and wait till it comes out on DVD. But I think it looks good. I think it is really awesome that they overlooked Harrison Ford's age, and still got him to play the part, instead of just getting a fresh face. I mean, I can understand a new actor for his sidekick, but there is only one Indiana Jones.

Um, 30 bucks? The most you'll pay is 10$ for a movie ticket...
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#6 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:53 AM

Well, it's a good movie, so I would take a friend, and there's snacks too. A hot dog and a soda costs almost $10. Yeah. Popcorn, $6, two tickets, $18. That adds up to, $35. When I do go see a movie in the theatres, I see it right. :P

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#7 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:50 PM

I did not like it all.

It would have been a lot better with out the aliens in the ship coming out of the ground at the end.

Oh

!!!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 10:21 AM) View Post
Woah, woah, slow down there buddy. If you put it ALL in your mouth at once you're just gonna gag and get it all over the carpet.

#8 BoOogers

BoOogers

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:25 PM

I did not like it very much at all. Harrison Ford's acting was not as good as the first three films (although he is clearly still a badass, with stunts and whatnot). Shia Labeouf did well, for his character's role. Indiana Jones has been known to reach a bit in to the impossible regions, but this film went beyond that. It was too impossible, I think. Overall, it was a bit overdone, but it was enjoyable, and certainly not boring. I would wait and see it when its not $10 for a theater ticket. Its not worth that much money. I would borrow it from a friend once it's out on DVD. Take in mind, that's just my opinion....

BoOogers- Steel City Nerf
Nerf... my anti-drug

#9 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 02:40 PM

I did not like it all.

It would have been a lot better with out the aliens in the ship coming out of the ground at the end.

Oh

!!!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

Oh no you did'nt.

I just hope your being sarcastic...

#10 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:04 PM

$10 for a theater ticket.

Do all you guys really have to pay $10? If I can't get it for free with the help of my friend working at the theater, I only have to pay $6.25. I can't imagine paying $10.

#11 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • State:Colorado

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:18 PM

I have to pay $9-12 for a ticket depending on the movie...I don't know why the theater does that.
TMC

#12 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:36 PM

I thought the movie was excellent! Perfect. The beginning was kind of corny with the fridge, but still funny. Also the aliens were a vital part of the story ( yes Bomberman Scotch did do a spoiler ). Who ever thinks that the aliens were stupid in the movie you need to brush up on on your Crystal Skulls theory's.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#13 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

And to anybody who thinks it was too silly: it's called camp, and it's one of the things that makes a good movie.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#14 BoOogers

BoOogers

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:29 PM

Do all you guys really have to pay $10? If I can't get it for free with the help of my friend working at the theater, I only have to pay $6.25. I can't imagine paying $10.

Yeah it's awful. It used to just be $8.75 for a regular movie and like 6 for a matinee, but recently they've upped the prices. And Silencer is right, sometimes, depending on the movie, it can even get up to around $12.

BoOogers- Steel City Nerf
Nerf... my anti-drug

#15 notthedinkus

notthedinkus

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:08 PM

I thought it was good except for the ridiculous bits like the parts with the fridge and the monkeys.
WANTED: Somebody to go back in time
with me. This is not a joke. P.O. Box ***,
Oakview CA 93022. You'll get paid after
we get back. Must bring your own
weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have
only done this once before.

#16 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:42 PM

I thought it was pretty bad. Tree vine swinging, "Interdimensional" omnipotent beings with a giant ship in Brazil. I Mean, what the fuck. The fridge thing wouldn't work, my nuclear engineering friend at MIT told me. Monkeys attacking Russians and giant ants eating people. The people in the theater around me just gobbled it up tho.

BoOogers, I really though Ford's acting was spot on. I can't really think of any spots that he was off, at all. Ever.
The guy whose acting was horrific (partly because of a lack of lines in screenplay) was Jones's friend as the triple agent. I mean, we all knew that he wasn't really CIA. Even with the added support of the badass bitch seeming curious about the little devices he was dropping, it was not convincing at all.

I know the theories behind the skulls, but there are DOZENs that don't follow the path of "aliens put them here". I was personally hoping for an Atlantis getup. I think that that could have been done much better.
Teehee.

#17 Spartan 117

Spartan 117

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:26 PM

I thought it was pretty bad. Tree vine swinging, "Interdimensional" omnipotent beings with a giant ship in Brazil. I Mean, what the fuck. The fridge thing wouldn't work, my nuclear engineering friend at MIT told me. Monkeys attacking Russians and giant ants eating people. The people in the theater around me just gobbled it up tho.

BoOogers, I really though Ford's acting was spot on. I can't really think of any spots that he was off, at all. Ever.
The guy whose acting was horrific (partly because of a lack of lines in screenplay) was Jones's friend as the triple agent. I mean, we all knew that he wasn't really CIA. Even with the added support of the badass bitch seeming curious about the little devices he was dropping, it was not convincing at all.

I know the theories behind the skulls, but there are DOZENs that don't follow the path of "aliens put them here". I was personally hoping for an Atlantis getup. I think that that could have been done much better.

Why would you criticize Indiana Jones for being corny? The over-the-top cornyness is part of what makes Indiana Jones, Indiana Jones! Sure TONS of things were very impossible, especially the fridge thing, but that doesn't make it a bad movie!

Edited by Spartan_117, 28 May 2008 - 10:26 PM.

The enrichment center reminds you that the weighted companion cube cannot speak. In the event that it does speak, we urge you to disregard it's advice.

#18 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:50 PM

You can't judge movies by their believability. Do you honestly think that Star Wars took place a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away? Can people that use guns in movies really fire 27 shots from a revolver without reloading? Can someone kill 18 people with an SMG that has a 15rd magazine while doing a back flip through a window? It is quite doubtful but still enjoyable. If you are going to watch action/adventure movies, you have to have that willing suspension of disbelief. Just my two cents.

#19 CruxZader

CruxZader

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 11:33 AM

ALL I know is I want an old school fridge in my house. Specificly an old lead lined refrigerator. (smiling)
When everyone screams out save us..... I'll whisper no.

Rorschach- Watchmen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users