Opening The Fore Of A Double Shot

I've tried near everything.

7 replies to this topic

#1 Shanks McLoin

Shanks McLoin

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:20 AM

Well, I bought the Double Shot because of the cool factor (OMG THE SHELLS EJECT SO COOL). The shoulder stock half of the DS is apart, but I can't pry the barrels off the fore grip. This question has been asked before, but the posts became less irrelevant to this problem as the thread grew. I know the pieces are welded, but if there is a trick I'd like to know (I've even tried using acetone on a cue tip to melt the pieces apart). And please, no "YOU DUMBASS WHY'D YOU BUY A DOUBLE SHOT YOURE DUMB" posts; I did my research and knew full well what I was buying. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Shanks McLoin, 26 May 2008 - 01:23 AM.

#2 angelof DEATH182

angelof DEATH182

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:33 PM

Actually, you don't even need to open that part, heck, I can't think of a single mod that you HAVE to do it for, here's a linky to a mod with good ranges.

And remember, with this mod you don't even need to open the back either.

EDIT: I just remembered, there are older Doubleshots that are made of better materials and usually get better ranges, but don't go looking around at stores, the only way to tell the difference is if you open it.

So, your mileage may vary.

Edited by angelof_DEATH182, 18 August 2008 - 11:44 PM.

#3 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:01 PM

Do NOT do that mod. It sucks and the air output won't be enough to push the dart.

Just make custom shells out of PVC, its the only posted thing you can do to make it get maybe High Mav ranges (25 feet).
Timothy M-Lick <3

#4 Shanks McLoin

Shanks McLoin

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:02 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, however my question is "how do I open the front of the gun?". I just want to know how to separate the pieces for easier painting. My mod is purely cosmetic, and I don't need range.

#5 Vishamon

Vishamon

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:04 PM

I believe that FA_24 uses Zippo lighter fluid to dissolve glue used to hold stock guns together. I know that's what he recommended for the glued portion of the RF20. Hope that helps.
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 8 2009, 08:40 AM) View Post

I think everyone who reads or contributes to this site needs to take a big stap back and reallize we're discussing nerf guns. The fate of absolutely NOTHING important depends on what you, me, or anyone else does

#6 Shanks McLoin

Shanks McLoin

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:12 PM

Do you know if lighter fluid in general would work, or just Zippo?

#7 Vishamon

Vishamon

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:25 PM

No, sorry. As I said, it's just something that I've seen FA_24 recommend in the past.
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 8 2009, 08:40 AM) View Post

I think everyone who reads or contributes to this site needs to take a big stap back and reallize we're discussing nerf guns. The fate of absolutely NOTHING important depends on what you, me, or anyone else does

#8 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:59 PM

No, sorry. As I said, it's just something that I've seen FA_24 recommend in the past.

Lighter fluid is lighter fluid, go for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users