Nerf Tutors

Spread your wisdom to the masses

9 replies to this topic

#1 MrNerf

MrNerf

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:20 PM

I was thinking...Nerf is pretty compact: the mass amount of tools for modding, planning for nerf wars, knowledge to make your own nerf gun, etc.
So I think it would quite helpful for some experience mages of nerf to tutor those willing to learn the ways of nerf: you could even give homework and have lesson plans.
Well, what dous thoust thinkth?

#2 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:21 PM

Isn't the whole concept of what your thinking of kinda like, oh I don't know this site?
But on topic, this doesn't sound like a bad idea, i just don't think it will work. I reserve my right to remain skeptical.
BustaNinja: I think I might be a wee bit drunk as well, because this idea made sense for more than three seconds.

Edited by Philote, 21 May 2008 - 07:31 PM.

EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#3 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:24 PM

Either I'm drunk, or you are completely serious.

What is in nerf anyway? Run, shoot with blasters, the only real thing you need to do is shoot around to make sure you know how to use your guns. That was my problem at MNNO. I hadn't done alot of testing of my gun, so I often shot over peoples heads by complete accident. But really, there isnt much to nerf other then running and shooting.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#4 Predalien Ro

Predalien Ro

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:00 PM

In light of this, you think maybe we can make nerfing more serious? Look at air soft, they got guys acting as if it's a real war game. I've never been to a nerf war, but from what I've seen from the videos here, the game is alot like golf, it's alot more fun to play than to watch. Now one type of nerfing game that sounds successful was zombies, it even got the press attention. I think we should try to find more ways to make the game intense...... and now my ranting is done.
Toilet paper is for your ass, not your nerf gun.
Try craft foam if you want to add cushioning to the handle.

#5 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:09 PM

Here, I'll give you the only lesson you will ever need. The test will be a practical.

When you want to modify a blaster and don't know if the concept will work, what do you do?
  • Use the Search feature and type in what you are looking for.
  • Try something out for yourself and see if it works.
  • Ask someone a question if search produces no results by posting a forum about it, then wait for the answers to flow.
  • Post a much-hated concept thread just to get flamed by people that would rather see you show off a mod, whether successful or failed.
  • Ask the seasoned members, who have lives outside of Nerf, to take away from their personal lives and free time to teach you something they learned themselves by experimentation, resulting in, at times, the loss of money, supplies, and a few blasters.
  • Answers 1,2, and 3
If your answer is #6, then you have graduated my class of Nerf 101. Now go out there, buy a blaster, try out a mod, and post it here if it succeeds. If it doesn't, post it anyways to get advice on how to make it work, if at all possible. When you finally get a mod to work, come to a war and shoot someone with it.

Class dismissed!

By the way, Ro, how serious can you possibly make a hobby where people chase each other around with modified plastic children's toy blasters, shooting at each other, and occasionally pulling out a foam sword for additional comedic effect, unless you are One Man Clan and can deflect darts with a foam sword? We are not playing Airsoft. We are not doing mil-sim. We are nerfing.

Come to a war instead of watching the videos and you will see how serious we can be. The videos are edited by people to show the best footage and both the cool and funny events that happened at the event.

Edited by badger, 21 May 2008 - 08:49 PM.

As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#6 Predalien Ro

Predalien Ro

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:15 PM

Geez badger, I know your older than most of us, but your not old enough to act like a grumpy grandfather just yet. After a while, don't you get tired of telling people the same angery rant over and over!? I've read enough of your complaints to start complaining about you, WHEN I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU!!!!
Toilet paper is for your ass, not your nerf gun.
Try craft foam if you want to add cushioning to the handle.

#7 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

Geez badger, I know your older than most of us, but your not old enough to act like a grumpy grandfather just yet. After a while, don't you get tired of telling people the same angery rant over and over!? I've read enough of your complaints to start complaining about you, WHEN I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU!!!!

I believe he has the right. He is more experienced and correct in all of his rant posts. You could learn a lot from looking at the more experienced members posts.

#8 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

Dude, figure it out yourself. It's the only way to do things. If you want to learn how to do something, try to do it. If you fail, try again. That's it.

/thread

#9 Kanashimi

Kanashimi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 04:41 AM

Mr. Nerf, I thought I responded to this already. Oh wait! I did, here is one of my posts that I copied from one from your threads.

You don't need a tutor to mod a nerf gun. Do you think anyone on these boards went over to someone like Baghead, CaptainSlug, or FA24's house to learn how to mod a nerf gun? No, they either look at a gun's internals until they finally figured out how it works and what keeps it from performing at its best, or search these boards for that info.

"Mr. Nerf", This is what I recommend you doing.

1. Read the mods in FA24's Mod directory. Figure out the basics, such as common mods, how the guns work, and what keeps them from being performing at their best.
2. Get some materials. I remember one of your threads saying you only have elmers glue, and toilet paper. I remember seeing CaptainSlug saying something like this before, but I'm too lazy to search for it. If you don't have enough money, then you shouldn't have a nerf gun. Modding materials cost the same amount of money, or less, than the guns you are modding and have.
C. Mod it! If you have a good understanding of how the gun works, and what you want to do, you shouldn't break it.

Hope this helps,
-Kanashimi

Edit to Salman: Yes, I know I did. Why?

This post has been edited by Kanashimi: Apr 26 2008, 09:33 PM

-Kanashimi

#10 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 06:08 AM

Please refer to Badger's post. Anyone who might want to know.

The end.
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users