Knock Off Tech Target Mod

For stock darts

37 replies to this topic

#26 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:28 AM

I thought for sure that this was going to be the mini tech target knock off that Zudikas found at a Walgreen's. I'll have to get a picture of that thing compared to another gun. I think that both the one Zudikas and the one you found both use those strange yellow darts when stock.

I saw those! They looked like they were crap though, so I didn't buy it. The yellow darts are a lot bigger than you'd think, a just a little smaller than a mega.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#27 psychoswan

psychoswan

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:19 PM

I just bought one of these.
I say buy them.
After a barrel mod they're pretty awesome for indoor wars.
Especially for $2.50.

Edited by psychoswan, 27 May 2008 - 01:21 PM.

INCONCEIVABLE!

#28 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:44 PM

What kind of barrel, and what ranges? Over at NHQ, Blacksunshine said that these suck, and modded they only get stock or lightly modded NF ranges.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#29 psychoswan

psychoswan

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 02:06 PM

Roseart barrel, and about 25 or 30 ft.
Thats without any spring mods just a barrel replacement and an ar removal.
INCONCEIVABLE!

#30 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 04:08 PM

What kind of barrel, and what ranges? Over at NHQ, Blacksunshine said that these suck, and modded they only get stock or lightly modded NF ranges.

So far mine have not yielded the best results. I'm waiting on some new Pteg so I will use that and see if I get better results, but I'm pretty sure its the same stuff I already have. Mine are not banded however I think that helps his mod out a lot more then just the barrel replacement. I got 4 of them so I'm still going to play with them some more before I totally toss them into the junk box. I guess they are ok like someone said for indoor and just messing around. I'm going to see if I have any springs that I can swap out. the size is weird tho. Maybe a DTG spring will work.

EDIT- Update

Ok. First impression of the gun was off. I cracked open the 3rd of the 4 that I bought and modded it last night.
I'm thinking that maybe there might have been something crappy about the first ones plunger.

Edited by Blacksunshine, 09 June 2008 - 04:45 PM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#31 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:59 PM

I just wanted to add to this thread regarding this gun.
They really are POS guns. I'm VERY irritated right now. So after modding 4 this weekend (ttl owned is now 6) and laying custom paint on 3 and flat blacking the other my paint was finally dry and ready to put everything back together. So the first one went back together and I decided to check the cocking mech. So I pulled back and the plunger kept coming and coming. With very little resistance the plunger head completely snapped off. (Keep in mind this was the 1st time the gun had been cocked.) on another one I noticed a slight notch on the actual plunger head lip where it should come into contact with the plunger tube. On another there was so much excess rubber I had to trim some off.
Bottom line on this gun is YMMV. You may get a great gun that launches foam 70 feet or you might wind up with a broken piece of plastic that winds up in the garbage.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

IMO the best use for these is to swap out with real TTG before returning the target set. (but that wouldn't be honest would it. Tho it would serve target right for selling crap.)

Yeah. I know I double posted. But I had something new to add.

Edited by Blacksunshine, 10 June 2008 - 01:21 AM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#32 nerfer192

nerfer192

• Banned
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:18 PM

Wow i just saw something wierd. Look closely at the firing instructions. It says "Step 1: Load 1 [/b]or 2 darts in to the launching tube. Step 2: Pump front handle back and forth to fire[b]" What the hell? There is no "front handle" Can anyone explain?
The first time I made stefans I made them without weights.

92% of teens have moved on to the N-Strike line.
If you are part of the 8% who still use real old guns,
copy and paste this into your signature

woot I use at3k.

#33 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:28 PM

Wow i just saw something wierd. Look closely at the firing instructions. It says "Step 1: Load 1 [/b]or 2 darts in to the launching tube. Step 2: Pump front handle back and forth to fire[b]" What the hell? There is no "front handle" Can anyone explain?

POOR QA on the part of target and their Chinese MFG. This isn't the first time they screwed something like that up.
One time Target was offering dolls of former presidents. And instead of Franklin D Roosevelt they made a doll of Ben Franklin. That slipped thru QA as well.

#34 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:33 PM

Man, those are good looking shells, too bad they don't work. Put a real ttg into it so you dont need to paint another. Or sell the shells. :)
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#35 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:20 PM

Ive been looking for more but haven't come across any... So for now Ill be stuck with this one cheap and awesome gun. Black Sunshine would goop or anything fix that? On another note mine can vacuum load darts... I like that.

#36 psychoswan

psychoswan

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:29 PM

Here is my modded TTGK (tech target knock off)
Posted Image
I used a rose art barrel with a coupler I cut in half to stabilize it.
Posted Image
I also used part of a highlighter to make the rose art barrel fit in the stock end cap thingy.

I guess I just got a good one, because mine fires about 25ft flat.
INCONCEIVABLE!

#37 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 01:19 AM

Man, those are good looking shells, too bad they don't work. Put a real ttg into it so you dont need to paint another. Or sell the shells. :)

Yeah. A great wave of defeat washed over me when I pulled it back for the first time and it snapped. I'd say like a twig, but a twig would have given more resistance. I'm gonna see about getting a rea ttg and see if I can tuck the innards into it. If anything I have 4 more of these things I can rob parts from. Or I can try and make a new plunger head. It did break in a favorable manner for that.

Ive been looking for more but haven't come across any... So for now Ill be stuck with this one cheap and awesome gun. Black Sunshine would goop or anything fix that? On another note mine can vacuum load darts... I like that.

Goop might do it. But really that plastic is just cheap. it would wind up breaking in another place even if i did fix it. So I think a rebuild will need to be in order.
And yes mine also will vacuum load stock darts. Its designed well so that you don't have to worry about it getting sucked in like you would on a NF. thats something I like about this gun.

All in all I knew that it wasn't a good idea to lay such nice paint on such a iffy gun. But once I got started it just kept flowing. I should have put the effort into a different gun. or pair of guns. But after I got good results with one of them I got a little over confident in their quality. They do vary from one to another drastically as any cheaply made gun would.

Edited by Blacksunshine, 11 June 2008 - 11:59 PM.

#38 nerfalchemist

nerfalchemist

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:03 PM

My apologies for reviving a dead thread but I wanted to make an update of the status of my blaster. After shooting it with very heavy banding my catch spring got fucked up and broke. So far I have had nothing go wrong with my plunger though. So my advice is to replace the catch spring with a stronger one from the hardware store.

It's like saying that your bottled water has a secret ingredient! Well yes, water!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users