Photo

Use Of Stock Guns

17 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you use stock guns? (100 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you use stock guns?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:29 PM

I've noticed that the vast majority of guns are judged solely by their mod potential and stock performance is almost never taken into account. However, I have also seen a few comments about guns being good in stock fights, usually about guns that have little to no modding potential, such as the recon or the maverick. As I play completely stock, I am curious as to how many people on the haven use stock guns, and to what degree they do so.

Please note that by stock I refer to the internals of a gun. I do not consider a strap, a flashlight, or cosmetic/ergonomic changes which do not otherwise impact performance to be relevant modifications.

#2 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:04 AM

I now use stock guns just long enough to make sure they are not defects before I mod them.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#3 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:56 PM

I'm leaning out of the nerf modding scene because of some health issues, so the guns I did'nt mod and I use, are stock for good. But most of my guns are modded anyway. But Oni Kadaki, I do agree with you. I don't always care about modding potential, (except for the recon, that was a waste of time and twenty dollars) some guns are fun just to play with stock. Take the MT20 for example.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#4 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:46 PM

The best Stock blaster is the ERTL Rapid Fire Shotgun. It's range and accuracy are unmatched in the realm of stock blasters. That's the one i would go with in a stock only war.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#5 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:50 PM

With me, it just depends on the stock performance of the gun to decide If I want to mod or not. If I think it's adequate, I'll keep it stock and not waste effort. My hornet had plenty of power out of the box for me. But if it sucks, like my stock firefly did, I'll mod it. Now my firefly suits my needs. I think a little less than half of my guns are modded, I only mod when I am disappointed with the stock gun. There are some things, however, that I consider more of "maintenance" than a mod, like improvement of a stock seal on an old gun with E-tape.

Cmdrmack, I heard the ETRL rapid fire shotgun's stock range is terrible. Maybe I'm wrong...

Edited by Captain, 21 May 2008 - 03:51 PM.

I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#6 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:18 PM

It is, unless you compare it to other stock guns.

Even if it is a little low, it's 12 reliable, accurate shots, that's tough to top.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#7 Killim-spree

Killim-spree

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:17 PM

I only use stock guns for indoor wars.

#8 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:26 PM

I ONLY use stock-ar removed guns when shooting brothers to prevent screachage.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#9 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:20 PM

I have no stock guns as I get a stiffy from modding. Nothing like taking out an AR to make me hot under the collar...

On a more serious note, I just enjoy modding too much to keep guns stock. I much prefer having nice shooting and nice looking instruments of foam pwnage.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#10 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:38 PM

I have no stock guns as I get a stiffy from modding.

What he said. The only stock gun I have is a AT2k, even so I've ripped off the barrels and are going to put PETG into each stub. For me, the main reason I nerf IS to mod.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#11 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:05 AM

We play at a church, with my wife & I helping as sponsors for the Youth Group. As such, most of the guns we use are stock, with lightly modded Mav's, NF's and AT2K's (AR's & posts removed on all, penny mods on some Mav's) as the only modded guns. Even with that, the 2K's are only allowed to be 2-pumped unless you are taking a long-ranged shot. So any further mods would be pointless, the guns wouldn't be allowed!

However, If I ever manage to get to one of the bigger wars, I'll probably add a few mods to one of my AT2K's to stay competetive.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#12 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:20 PM

I use them only to fool around. All my friends that I war with use modded guns, mostly by me. If I used a stock gun, I would get murdered, plain and simple. I need to use my modded maxshot to stay competitive.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#13 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 22 May 2008 - 05:28 PM

I don't use stock guns, but when I get stock micros (I got some when I recently bought an RF20) I don't waste them. If you take an exacto knife and slice the cup off the top of a stock micro it's amazing how far it shoots. I put a Crayola on my 2k with a piece of PVC over it and those darts hit about 90' flat, while my Stefans in the same barrel got only 70 and in a brass barrel about 85.

The airjet micros that you used to be able to buy were great too. They had red bodies and black heads and the suction cups were tiny so they'd make sort of a whistly noise and went extremely fast. They also came with the first-gen NFs back in 2004 when I bought my first one, and probably earlier.

The only stock gun I'd ever consider using is a Lock 'n Load. They get about 45' flat with the post torn out of the barrel and a sonic mega and with a Crayola and some taggers they get about 50.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 22 May 2008 - 06:07 PM.

SexD Warves

#14 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 07:14 PM

Guys, removing AR's makes the gun modded. If there are no AR's, it's not stock.

I never use stocks. Waste of my damn time, to be honest.
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#15 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 09:22 PM

The best Stock blaster is the ERTL Rapid Fire Shotgun. It's range and accuracy are unmatched in the realm of stock blasters. That's the one i would go with in a stock only war.

Are you serious? When I bought that gun and shot it stock, it went about 15ft.
Anyways, with me I never use a stock gun unless it's an indoor war with my friends, which then I use a Magstrike.
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#16 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:13 AM

I now use stock guns just long enough to make sure they are not defects before I mod them.

I learned the hard way - MUST TEST BEFORE MODDING. Totally tore apart a Magstrike before realizing it was busted from the get go.

#17 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:42 PM

The only gun I use stock is my Longshot. I didn't want to try to mod it for fear of breaking my 30$ toy. I might end up modding it though.
Southeast Nerf Contingent

#18 Noob Modder

Noob Modder

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:06 PM

I never use stock, but, since my modding skill is pretty bad, I just remove AR's and occasionally cut parts off of guns, put ammo holders on, put a spot for a laser pointer to go, etc. I do minimal mods internally, but I really mess around with the outside. My LS (RIP) had several random bits sawed off, AR removed, butt strengthened, butt padded, and had two clips side-by side on a piece of wood for easy reloadage.
--DMQ
"i gots da good grammers"
"the only thing we have to fear is if the ninjas are coming!"
"mr. macho super-hero serial killer lemur-bear."
i am ninja-pwner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users