An Interesting Find

A cheap-o 60' shooter.

16 replies to this topic

#1 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:53 PM

I recently acquired on of these from a local toy store. My friend and I were screwing around and decided to but a dart in the barrel as apposed to a missile. We went outside and got a good 55-60 ft out of it. Anyone else tried this before? Or has anyone even seen this before? I call it the Dildo.

Edited by Philote, 12 May 2008 - 04:54 PM.

EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#2 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:17 PM

I might know if you can describe how to shoot it.
TMC

#3 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:29 PM

Looks like a simple ramrod design.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#4 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:23 PM

Coincidentally I just saw one of these at my local Walgreens. I'll pick one up later, make a write-up and post it.

-OfAll'
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#5 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:54 PM

Its 5 bucks at my walmart, walgreens, target, and kroger... Its pretty common, cheap, fun ramrod gun.

#6 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:02 PM

We should try to make a clothes pin trigger for it. After you open it up you could probably put two pieces of PVC behind the plunger, one that fits inside the other one, goop them in place, smooth the edge...
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#7 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:21 PM

We should try to make a clothes pin trigger for it. After you open it up you could probably put two pieces of PVC behind the plunger, one that fits inside the other one, goop them in place, smooth the edge...

You would need a pretty powerful spring too... If you want 50 foot ranges.

#8 MrNerf

MrNerf

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:47 PM

Quite the interesting find, laddie. I don't see many old guns where I live, Argh!

#9 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:44 PM

I have know idea what you people are talking about. There are no internals to mod. Its just a pull push air gun, there is no.....anything.
EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#10 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:00 PM

I have know idea what you people are talking about. There are no internals to mod. Its just a pull push air gun, there is no.....anything.

What type of defeatist attitude is this? Does it have a plunger? If so, then you can mod it. Slap in a spring, modify the plunger head, add a clothespin trigger... Am I the only crazy one here? :D

#11 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:11 PM

Am I the only crazy one here? :D

Yes. You are. From what he is saying, and the pic provided, it looks pretty much like the whole thing is just a plunger with a barrel. But it is not a spring plunger. You pull the thing back, and push the handle forward to push air, thus launching the dart. There is no catch spring, plunger, spring, or anything. It is pretty much as basic as you can get. It's like those types of water guns where you just put water in, and push, you know?
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#12 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:11 PM

Thank you Bomberman. Yes, sorry to put a damper on this but it really is two tubes with a hole at one end....
I suppose this is what the write up would look like:

Air Rocket Ramrod Mod:
1. Take off foam rocket.
2. Put dart in barrel hole.
3.Push ramrod forward.

Edited by Philote, 13 May 2008 - 05:32 PM.

EPH!

#13 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:26 PM

Thank you Bomberman. Yes, sorry to put a damper on this but it really is two tubes with a hole at one end....

Air Rocket Ramrod Mod:
1. Take off foam rocket.
3.Push ramrod forward.

No... You could rebarrel it and add rubber bands so you dont push forward so its a pull and release gun.

EDIT: You may also add a handle...

Edited by Kid Flash, 13 May 2008 - 06:26 PM.

#14 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:08 PM

Air Rocket Ramrod Mod:
1. Take off foam rocket.
3.Push ramrod forward.

No... You could rebarrel it and add rubber bands so you dont push forward so its a pull and release gun.

Indeed, but replace those rubber band with mini-bungee cords. Rubberbands, IMO, wouldn't be able to get enough power to push the plunger any good speed.

#15 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:01 PM

Air Rocket Ramrod Mod:
1. Take off foam rocket.
3.Push ramrod forward.

Indeed, but replace those rubber band with mini-bungee cords. Rubberbands, IMO, wouldn't be able to get enough power to push the plunger any good speed.

If you use bungees... Use big ones. Theyre more powerful. Ive seen rubber bands that do better than mini bungees.

#16 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:39 PM

Was'nt there a topic a while back, maybe a month or so, where twitch found this squirt gun just like this or something? But anyway, I think that this has some potential. You can't get all the air that comes out of it powering a dart, so I bet you could get a few shots off of this, with one pull. Or with the bungee Idea, get one longrange shot, or get a shotgun thing.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#17 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 05:49 PM

Alright. If you really wanted to, you could saw it open, put a spring inside of it, use a coupler to add some surface area to glue the parts back together, cut a small notch in the plunger, add a piece of pvc on the top to serve as a spring guide, and add a catch and a trigger.

Galaxy has a point here; if you're crazy enough, you can even turn even push-pull weapons into something decent. It just depends on how much work you want to do. Would I ever suggest actually going through with it? No, but it can be done.

Also, if it's just 2 nested tubes, you could saw off the rest of the nested plunger tube, fill the end of a pvc stick with some epoxy putty, and drill in the plunger head on the end of the pvc. From there, see above.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users