Slingshots

post your slingshots here. Pictures only

16 replies to this topic

#1 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:47 PM

I recently got started with this hobby and immediately began shooting the neighborhood geese. (to the great anger of a neighborhood nature person hippie thingie) So After getting tired of store bought slingshots I decided to make my own. Here are some of the pictures of a few. Feel free to post any of your own slingshot homemades or store bought add ons.
Posted Image
Large size rocks and arrow and croossbow bolt slingshot. A.K.A. the boardshot
Posted Image
Applewood natural
slingshot forum (conveniently in the homemade slingshots section..)

Edited by g-force, 18 May 2008 - 07:56 PM.

QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#2 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:11 PM

Just curious, but where do you live since they are illegal in the following states and cities:

Delaware: Dover & Wilmington
Florida: St. Augustine
New Jersey
New York: Only wrist-braced slingshots are illegal.
Massachusetts
Minnesota: Duluth
Rhode Island
South Carolina: Charleston
Tennessee: Knoxville
Utah: Salt Lake County
Virginia: Falls Church

I hope you aren't in any of these.

Also, you are a cruel son-of-a-bitch for shooting the geese. It's not a hippie thing. It's cruelty to animals. I'm sorry, but it's pathetic. Tell you what, let me shoot you with one while you are unprotected. Tell me how it feels.

I apologize if you feel that I am being a bit out of line, but the last time I saw someone abuse an animal (kid at the curb beating his dog with a stick for trying to pull away to chase a squirrel) I got out of my car, grabbed the stick out of his hands and told him that if I ever saw him abuse another animal, I beat the shit out of him like he did his dog. Remember that. And even if slingshots are legal where you live, it doesn't condone your actions.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#3 Green-Buckshot

Green-Buckshot

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 06:41 AM

Hmm. I prefer using slingshots to shoot cans off of a fence, but now I need to get rid of mine due to legality issues. Damn. And about the goose thing, if you're going to kill it and eat it, go for it. Just don't torture the poor thing.
QUOTE(A side of nerf @ May 18 2008, 12:33 PM) View Post

Also, could you post some more revealing pictures?

#4 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:12 AM

Actually their feathers are so densely layered that they hardly even feel it. I have since stopped shooting at them.

Chubbs

#5 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 05:53 PM

Just curious, but where do you live since they are illegal in the following states and cities:

Delaware: Dover & Wilmington
Florida: St. Augustine
New Jersey
New York: Only wrist-braced slingshots are illegal.
Massachusetts
Minnesota: Duluth
Rhode Island
South Carolina: Charleston
Tennessee: Knoxville
Utah: Salt Lake County
Virginia: Falls Church

I hope you aren't in any of these.

Also, you are a cruel son-of-a-bitch for shooting the geese. It's not a hippie thing. It's cruelty to animals. I'm sorry, but it's pathetic. Tell you what, let me shoot you with one while you are unprotected. Tell me how it feels.

Damn.... I had no idea tat slingshots were illegal in my neck of the woods. Massachusetts sucks...
EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#6 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:00 PM

Damn.... I had no idea tat slingshots were illegal in my neck of the woods. Massachusetts sucks...

Hey, I'm from Massachusetts and I find that...ah screw it, Massachusetts sucks nutsack.

Oh, and badger, congratulations for teaching that kid a lesson.
My dad has a slingshot. I think he took out a few squirrels with it, but he doesn't do that anymore.

Edited by Captain, 15 May 2008 - 08:02 PM.

I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#7 Scotch

Scotch

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:46 PM

Badger I know what you mean. I was walking my dog one day in the woods and my dog jumped up and barked at someone. That person than picked up a rock and threw it at my dog. With that my dog bit him in the leg and I told him never to fuck around with my dog again. I think he learned his lesson.

The only animal I would ever kill is a rabbit (not a pet) because they are extremely over populated where I live, in Massachusetts, which by the way sucks.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 10:21 AM) View Post
Woah, woah, slow down there buddy. If you put it ALL in your mouth at once you're just gonna gag and get it all over the carpet.

#8 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:41 PM

Alrighty pictures only please flames can be sent to me via PM.

Chubbs

#9 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:46 PM

Jesus. Enough MA hate? So much for going to MIT. Is it really that bad? I'm from the nuclearly wasted flatland known as New Jersey, and I don't hate it really.. It's not great but damn.

I actually didn't know people above the mason dixon lines even used slingshots anymore..
Teehee.

#10 StephenColbert

StephenColbert

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:51 PM

I don't understand why slingshots are outlawed. I've never heard of this, and frankly, it doesn't make any sense. Shouldn't guns be outlawed before slingshots are? And if stone age weapons are starting to be banned, how come we haven't banned clubs and boulders yet?
Write me in for President!
Colbert 08'

#11 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:05 PM

Jesus. Enough MA hate? So much for going to MIT. Is it really that bad? I'm from the nuclearly wasted flatland known as New Jersey, and I don't hate it really.. It's not great but damn.

I actually didn't know people above the mason dixon lines even used slingshots anymore..

If you were from MA, you'd know that you can never hate it too much.
EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#12 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:30 PM

I made a slingshot a couple months ago out of this burly branch I found while I was camping with my family a while back. I'd post a picture, but photobucket currently is'nt working with my computer. (My computer is'nt loading things right always lately.) But the last time I saw cruelty to animals, this is just horrible, somebody was shooting a stray cat with an airsoft pistol. The guy shot it in the face, and it was blinded in one eye. It was in the newspaper last month. They had a picture of the cat, it was just awful. I'm all for sport shooting, and having goose on christmas, but still, they can feel it.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#13 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:52 AM

If you were from MA, you'd know that you can never hate it too much.

No, I'm from the heart of MA and if you're intp sports MA is the best state out there. 4 Seasons, amazing sports teams, beaches, mountains, NE wiffleball, everything good.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#14 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:50 AM

Not to add to the hate of MA, but I specifically hate Lynn. Swampscott, on the other hand, I want to move to.

Anyway, I have a wristrocket, and a home-carved, with grip, slingshot. I keep it at my camp in Maine. I shoot bottles and other targets, I would never harm an animal.

#15 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:21 PM

I have started on 2 more. One maple and one crab apple, I will post pictures when I am done I am expirementing with a different more power ful band.

Chubbs

#16 puggy

puggy

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:26 AM

I recently got started with this hobby and immediately began shooting the neighborhood geese. (to the great anger of a neighborhood nature person hippie thingie)

Thats great, real great.

#17 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:07 PM

They're old fashion. Here in good ol' Almost Heaven we have rifles and shotguns. And thanks to Mass we were over populated with rodents such as rabbits and fox by the DNR. So then we were overpopulated with Coyotes and the such. So now I get a 35 dollar payment per coyote pelt as long as it was killed with a .22 rimfire or shotgun. My .223 Varmit and a 10 gauge hasn't stopped my easy income yet. So thank you Mass.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users