77 replies to this topic

#51 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:37 PM

I always carry a foam sword in my car for... "special circumstances"

So yes, you can borrow it.

And Mike, I like how you already added me and co. even though I don't remember saying I'd be there. I will of course, and coming from cincy will most likely be myself, Twitch and 2-3 others.

I'm running low on darts, so I may be shooting sparingly. If that's the case, then I suggest you all enjoy it while it lasts lol.

#52 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:39 PM

I am swimming in all of the stuff that I need to unpack, but barring any crazy circumstances, I am totally ready for this war.

I also don't start work until Wednesday, so expect some Whetstone and castle park pictures (just in case) early this week.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#53 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:09 PM

And Mike, I like how you already added me and co. even though I don't remember saying I'd be there. I will of course, and coming from cincy will most likely be myself, Twitch and 2-3 others.

Of course I did. I thought we talked about this before the war and you said anything other than like two weekends would be fine so I stuck you in the list.

Plus nobody would show if the list of attendees included 5 fewer people. :P
SexD Warves

#54 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:07 PM

I went by Whetstone today. Besides some people hanging out in the shelter house, the playing field was empty. Unfortunately, the playground was packed.

I also scoped out two other possible spots in the park for backup. In other good news for us, there is no Whetstone summer soccer, so there is less of a chance that the who area will be packed.

For anyone unfamiliar with the area, here you go:

Posted Image

I also went to the castle park. It was filled with small children and I didn't take any pictures because I felt it would have been rather creepy. It was also a bitch to find. For future reference, it is mulched, so people worrying about sand don't have to worry. It might be a good place for a winter war this year. We'll see, I suppose.

See everyone on Saturday.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

#55 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:57 PM

Only two more days.

I'll be selling a couple guns so bring some money. If anyone's pussing out do it now.
SexD Warves

#56 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:55 PM

I'll be there, just a little bit later. Also, I have the $5 for those single teks.

I just fixed my strikefire...

Working on my bbb. My stepmomster locked the garage shut so I couldn't get to the brass until 5 minutes ago. THis means I have only tomorrow to do it. Not that I'm doing anything THAT hard...
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#57 Twitch

Twitch

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:31 PM

I'll be there, I'll be brining a couple other with me. Though I won't be bringing any obstacles like I'd hoped, I've become distracted by a project. (Though if we're in the same park as last time, I doubt we would have use for them anyway.)
"If Groove was a woman, I'd totally have asked him to go home with me tonight ...is that weird?"
~bpso86

"Being a moderator on NHQ is like being a judge in the Special Olympics."
~JediJoe9

#58 Devious

Devious

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:23 AM

I'm afraid i'll have to drop out due to work-related issues (i have to work saturday)

#59 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:56 AM

Devious. You disappoint me. :(

Anyways...

Tomorrow, we will have a brief shower at 10AM and some later in the afternoon.

Nothing will last too long or be too heavy.

I am ready for this. Are you?

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#60 Devious

Devious

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:42 AM

If i Didnt need to fix crap on my car, i could afford to take tomarrow off for the war

Hope everyone has a great time, if something changes though, i'll show up, it all depends on what i have for tomarrow

#61 messergasm

messergasm

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 08:18 PM

Unfortunately today I found out that I'm going to have to work tomorrow, so i regret to inform all that I will not be attending tomorrow's war. Have a blast, for woe is me.

#62 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:54 PM

10 hours.

I have a modded (and no catch) BBB ready and waiting.

I will be a little late (arrive at 11 at the earliest) and will show up ready to kick some ass.

Lets do this shit.

----------------
Now playing: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird
via FoxyTunes

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#63 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:02 PM

Awesome... so it's gonna be you, Joe, Nerfmonkey and my crew, huh? I'm ready. My +bow is firing stefans relatively well, and I might actually use it.

#64 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:02 PM

Hey Lynx, you're not going to show up late are you?

Making darts now; getting up in 6 hours; leaving at 7; there by 10.
SexD Warves

#65 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 11:07 PM

I just ran out of FBR...doh! I guess I'm just going to have to go with what I've got.

Everything looks good here. If it's nice in the morning, I'll probably bike over. One of the advantages to living five minutes away...and I just checked the weather-- 85 and sunny. Excellent.

See you guys tomorrow.

#66 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 02:01 AM

Whups. Sorry guys, I thought it was the 28th for some reason.
I was planning on coming, but the car I would take is in Maryland.

I'll catch you in the fall.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#67 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:12 AM

Looks like you Cinci guys are going to have to supply the bulk of our participants...again.

And I still haven't left so I'm gonna break my own rule and not get there until 10:20, sorry.
SexD Warves

#68 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 04:48 PM

Good war, everyone.

I'm just going to throw up a few pictures right now. Hopefully they don't need to be resized. I'll upload the rest later and post my highlights.

Anywhoo:

All of the participants (nice self timer shot)

Posted Image

Warring

Posted Image

This pretty much sums up the war: Team AT3K...also known as team badass:

Posted Image

Hopefully everyone has a safe drive home.

#69 Twitch

Twitch

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:40 PM

Team Badass indeed, if the match had been on Unreal Tournament there would've been a menacing voice yelling "Killing Spree!" after those rounds where we only used automatics against everything else.

Apparently all myself and Capt. Bojangles McPoonsnstach (the hot pink At3k shown in the picture) needed was some lunch before I really got into and started to kick some ass. (And by "kick some ass" I of course mean "actually survive until the end of a round.")

I'm also incredibly glad I bought the OSHA approved sunglasses, otherwise I think I would've lost an eye or two; getting hit in the lens like that makes the most shocking noise.
"If Groove was a woman, I'd totally have asked him to go home with me tonight ...is that weird?"
~bpso86

~JediJoe9

#70 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 08:34 PM

Best part of the day was when Joe shot Adam in the hand because the dart happened to land there as Adam was picking up a tennis ball.

I got some nice shots and nice welts, including one on my face above my lip. And I finally snuck up on Brandon and shot him as he was doing his creepy "stalking around without making any noise" thing. Oh and me and Ross won one of the ghost rounds, which was the one where I dove on the ground and got Brandon's shoulder.

I just noticed another welt on my left arm while checking for sunburn. It's from when Twitch and I shot each other point blank during the last round of the day.

Good war, that park was a good place to play but we should probably keep our use of the "fuck word" to a minimum as there were several families picnicking and several old people there.

Oh, and thanks Brandon for letting me use your cell phone after mine died. I ended up sitting on my ice chest drinking Diet Coke and relaxing for a while so it was fine.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 21 June 2008 - 08:38 PM.

SexD Warves

#71 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 09:18 PM

I'm glad it worked out. Your mom left a message on my phone and I just realized it lol... but I guess you figured it out.

Yes, Team AT3K wins... and our unofficial motto: "It's over three thousand!!!"

This war once again proved that at3k's and at2k's are the all around best weapon in the game. And that blowguns only get hits because the guy on the receiving end can't hear the shot to know when to dodge.

Twitch, that sunglasses shot was one of the most satisfying ever. You could hear the "tink" from the spawn area, then you checking yourself for damage and falling down almost brought a tear to my eye.

I had quite a few good shots... there really weren't too many that I distinctly remember other than that... but the best part of the day was my whole team using 3k's... then after winning 2 rounds using spring pistols... then after winning that round using all automatics... and still winning. It was almost unbelievable.

#72 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:45 AM

Damn that was fun. I crashed after running around from 9-5. Just woke up...

That was pretty sick.

Highlights:
+ No one yelling at me for being late :ph34r:
+ Me using that revolver pistol. I think I got 1 or 2 kills with it. Which brings me to my next point.
- I can't aim worth shit. It's sad.
- My 2k turreted BBB's turret falling off.
- Using other people's guns again.
+ Using a maxshot. Damn those things are sweet.
+ Using 4 flip breaches with said maxshot. Like a ubs system, except more pimpin'er. Let's go with that.
+ The hip shot that I got on bpso86. Totally didn't expect that hit.
+ Me being able to aim when I needed to (people needing backup)
"+ I guess" Facing all auto's are being demolished. Funny but it sucked for me :(.
- The 3 surprise shots on me. Are you in? *Plunk* FUCK....(this is while the old lady in a electric wheelchair goes by)
- Walking home & forgetting lunch...
+ Winning that assault round. We finally laid down nice shots and worked as a team. Took us long enough...

+ The last round, 3/15 with 4 vs. 4 (plus the guy with a ball gun and a sword). (Following are highlights from this round.)
_+ Multiple shots landing on targets not really looking.
_- Having 4 vs. 2 and ending up at Me vs. 2.
_- Being SO CLOSE on that head shot on Twitch...
_+ Beating 2 grown men in a foot race only to run out of field.
_+ Being killed execution style. With my single tek. "Killing me won't bring her back" *Plunk* "Aint that a shame"

Edited by Lynx, 22 June 2008 - 11:54 PM.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#73 Twitch

Twitch

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:19 AM

http://www.penny-arc...mic/2006/01/04/
~bpso86

~JediJoe9

#74 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:41 PM

What a fun day it was yesterday. I had a blast. Honestly, my biggest highlight of the day was yelling "daaaah!" loudly and it actually being effective at moving opponents around. That and the buzzsaw/sword combo (best worst idea ever). But seriously, it was a ton of fun and I'm glad I could meet some more of the Ohio crew.

More pictures! I didn't take too many, so here are the best of the bunch:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Twitch is probably smiling because he didn't die within 30 seconds of the start of the round

*edit* I also found a tick on my scalp last night, so I'd give yourself a check over to make sure you're cool. I was crawling around the base of those trees during the bomb round and also climbing in trees whenever I fancied, so those probably contributed to my tick-ness, but it's definitely a good idea to check yourself anyway

Edited by Jedijoe9, 22 June 2008 - 11:48 PM.

#75 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:27 AM

No ticks but I got a big mosquito bite on my right ankle. Were you smoking weed in the Team AT3k picture or were you biting a dart with your eyes half shut?
SexD Warves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users