Mp3 Recorder

+ Youtube = Better than Limewire

10 replies to this topic

#1 saxynerfer

saxynerfer

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:10 PM

I'm looking for an MP3 Recorder for my computer so that I can record songs from YouTube, and the like.
I have tried many, almost all were only trial versions, or obivious attempts at spyware infection.

A program like this records whatever sound comes through your speakers, then you can save it as an MP3 file. This allows you to (semi-legally) get music from sites like Youtube.

Does anyone know of a free, safe, full-version program I can get off the internet?

I just usually bang mine against some sort of ananimaite object untill it eventually breaks off.

#2 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:16 PM

Not even semi legal actually, but I have found this site to be useful:

http://online.movavi.com/

You can paste the youtube URL into the site and it will send you an e-mail with a download link of the audio.

I used to use http://vixy.net/ but I'm fairly sure it doesn't work right anymore.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#3 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:27 PM

Audacity, just google for it.

#4 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:36 PM

I don't think Audacity would work for what he wants. Isn't it more of a voice recorder?
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#5 Crese

Crese

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:09 AM

Ompa Edit: Sorry man, but Carbon has a point; if people want to use Bittorrent, they can go to another site or place to learn how. The NH team really can't condone file sharing. Besides, a lot of the members here are quite young, and it'd be nice to let them learn a bit before deciding whether to go BT or legal means.

Yes, it's the off-topic forum, but let us try to at least keep from discussing how to do illegal things, eh?

As such, I had to edit your post to remove BT instructions. No hard feelings, just following policy.
"Nothing Good Can Ever Come From Staying With Normal People."

#6 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:07 AM

Welcome to the world of piracy.

Discussions of piracy are frowned on here, Crese.

As far as the subject at hand, another way to do it is download the flash video file (google it) and then convert the file to an audio file using something like ffmpeg.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#7 Crese

Crese

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:20 PM

For real?
Alright, you're the boss.

Not sure why my post is the only one edited though, rather then the entire thread being deleted as everyone is essentially just telling him a crappier way to do essentially the same thing.

...grumble grumble...

I'm going to go get some rum and wenches... anyone who wants to know how to use torrents can just PM me....

Arggg mateyyyyyyyy!
"Nothing Good Can Ever Come From Staying With Normal People."

#8 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:50 PM

To be honest, it's mainly because those are a bit more legal. They may not be as good, but they won't get the kid in trouble with the law.

~ompa

#9 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:37 PM

I don't think Audacity would work for what he wants. Isn't it more of a voice recorder?

Audacity records any sound that comes from the computer's speakers. You could record audio from games, youtube, flash animations, anything.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#10 Green Riptide

Green Riptide

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:48 PM

Definitely Audacity. Freeware and infinitely useful; make sure you download the MP3 plugin. (MP3lame I believe it is called?)

#11 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:59 PM

You guys can figure this out at plenty of other websites. I don't promote piracy and don't want to get sued. ::Closed::
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users