Photo

Wtfno:judgement Day

A look at the naming conventions of nerf wars.

3 replies to this topic

#1 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:47 PM

So I just took a look at the 2008 summer nerf schedule, and there are something like two nerf wars that aren't in the **NO format or have a name that suggests the final judgment. You all realize you're ripping off a fat guy in a purple sweat-band, right? I know most of you know what the major nerf wars are, but it's got to be confusing the new guys. Can't we just put the thread titles in 'Metro Area, State Abbreviation Nerf War' format, and save the acronyms and the apocalyptic marketing for the thread?

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#2 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:28 PM

So I just took a look at the 2008 summer nerf schedule, and there are something like two nerf wars that aren't in the **NO format or have a name that suggests the final judgment. You all realize you're ripping off a fat guy in a purple sweat-band, right? I know most of you know what the major nerf wars are, but it's got to be confusing the new guys. Can't we just put the thread titles in 'Metro Area, State Abbreviation Nerf War' format, and save the acronyms and the apocalyptic marketing for the thread?

Or you can put it in the secondary title...
I mean, its really not that much of a problem.

#3 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:46 PM

Well the only wars that have the apocalyptic format are the two wars that have been around for a number of years, back when Apoc was an played off as an answer to the West Coast's marquee war, and Reckoning spun off of that, cause Matt thought wars with pay-per-view wrestling-style names were cool, so that argument is a little dated.

I would agree that the acronyms are a little old, but most of the actual threads themselves list the area of the war either in the title or the subheading. The list, itself, also shows the state that it is in.

I took a quick look at the front page and about 9 out of the 13 wars that are up there, not counting Armageddon, had their location shown in the title somewhere.

So yea, the -NO names have been beaten to death, it happens. The apocalyptic names haven't been used for a new war since Reckoning back in 2003, so that is really a moot point. Besides, it really doesn't take much effort to click on an extra link or two to see where a war is.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#4 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:35 AM

You all realize you're ripping off a fat guy in a purple sweat-band, right?

While Spoon hosted the first Armageddon, he did not name it. Nor, for that matter, did he really create it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users