Photo

Cell Phone Internals Help

9 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:32 PM

OK My Razr's screen cracked. My warranty was up and I saw a screen on ebay for $20. I got the screen. I followed this writeup to replace it.
http://www.ryanbibbe...azr-lcd-screen/
It worked...kinda. The screen is beautiful and works....but I CANNOT HEAR WHEN PEOPLE CALL, THERE IS NO NOISE COMING OUT OF THE PHONE!

Can anyone help? It would be MUCHH appreciated. There is a rip in the "circuit layer" part that he refers to in that writeup, could that be the problem??

THANKS in advance.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#2 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:41 PM

Well it sounds like a new phone is in your future...

#3 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:51 PM

what on the "circuit layer" is ripped? If it is a broken wire, you might be able to fix it, but if you're talking about something on the circuit board being broken, then it's probably fucked.

You need to take extreme care with today's electronics. As they get smaller and more complex, everything is much more fragile. The cover of the LCD screen on the outside of my Razr is cracked, but even as an ece major, I'm still not gonna fuck with it. Not worth the frustration.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#4 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:05 PM

what on the "circuit layer" is ripped? If it is a broken wire, you might be able to fix it, but if you're talking about something on the circuit board being broken, then it's probably fucked.

You need to take extreme care with today's electronics. As they get smaller and more complex, everything is much more fragile. The cover of the LCD screen on the outside of my Razr is cracked, but even as an ece major, I'm still not gonna fuck with it. Not worth the frustration.

Well the circuit layer is super flimsy and rips easiier than paper. It's just all yellow, there are no wires going through it. I'm starting to think that it's not the circuit layer that's causing this.

Does anyone know what part/what wires lead to the hearing part of the phone? That would be extremely helpful.

Thanks
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#5 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:09 PM

This reminds me of yesterday when I saw this 8th grade kid & his friend at my school. One of them dropped his razr on the pavement and the front screen got busted. His friend laughed at him. It seems to me that a lot of kids at my school (Which is a middle school and a high school) break iPods and phones like they're being paid for it, and then they just get bought new ones by their parents.

But anyway, I've been having a problem with my phone for a long time now. I got it like, 1 and a half years ago and ever since I got it, dust started collecting in the small screen on the front. But I mean INSIDE the screen. You can't wipe it off, because somehow dust from my pocket crept inside the crevasses of my phone and collected on the other side of the glass. It makes it very difficult to see the time, or how many bars I have. I've tried blowing air through various openings where dust could have entered, but nothing happens. It defies logic and makes me angry.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#6 PharaonArin

PharaonArin

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:11 PM

Dude you probably could have found a new razor for $20 on ebay. I think you consider a new phone.

#7 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:49 PM

Those ribbon cables are very delicate. Are you sure you didn't mess up the speaker? Also, why didn't you take it to manufacturer/provider? Did everything come off smoothly with no tugging?

How long have you had the phone? If you're going to renew you could just get a new phone for free... Paying for a new phone is easier, however it's more economical to fix it yourself.

An this is another prime example why I will never willingly get a razor, they're too fragile. Providers need to make phones that will last more than the standard 2 year plan.
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#8 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:01 PM

Those ribbon cables are very delicate. Are you sure you didn't mess up the speaker? Also, why didn't you take it to manufacturer/provider? Did everything come off smoothly with no tugging?

How long have you had the phone? If you're going to renew you could just get a new phone for free... Paying for a new phone is easier, however it's more economical to fix it yourself.

An this is another prime example why I will never willingly get a razor, they're too fragile. Providers need to make phones that will last more than the standard 2 year plan.

I had no warranty on it. A new pohone would be like $80, so I figured I could do it for cheaper.

I've had the phone for about 1 year and a half. I'll probably just upgrade to a better one if I can't fix this.

Where is the speaker located?

#9 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:35 PM

I think that it's funny how people talk about the razr being so delicate. It is especially funny when people that don't own one say it. I have had my razr for a year and 11 months, and I have had no trouble with it at all. I have dropped it onto concrete (with the phone open and closed) numerous times. At least 10-15. I have also thrown it against my wall as hard as I could like four times. There is even a big dent/gash in my wall from it, and it still looks and functions perfectly, other than some small scratches.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#10 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:43 PM

Why would you chuck your phone against your wall?
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users