...Literally.

14 replies to this topic

#1 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:45 PM

Summer is here folks, and you know what that means: Nerfing is at its prime. Attending wars is a large part of the hobby for some (myself included) and I'd like to encourage everyone to get out there and Nerf. Wars are a great way to get out and test your mods, meet other fellow Nerfers like you, do trades or purchase blasters, and even meet some of the admins/mods here at Nerfhaven. I'd also like for everyone to take a look at the neatly organized War Schedule (link below) as it's a great resource for finding wars in and around your area. Can't find one near you? Organize one. Get some friends together and start your own war.

>>2008 Nerf War Schedule

Summertime also means high volume of forum traffic, and with that comes a large flow of both topics and members here on the boards. You can bet your ass that we'll be keeping an eye on things to ensure smooth transitions into the months ahead. Blatant asshattery will not be tolerated. In addition, I'll be finding more colorful and creative ways to notify people that they're being banned. It'll be fun times all around, excluding, of course, the individuals actually being banned.

2007 was an awesome year for Nerf. 2008 will be even better. Now, let's make shit happen.

Nerf on or fuck off.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#2 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:24 PM

I've never attended a real war, but I plan to try this summer.

WOOHOO SUMMER!
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#3 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:59 PM

Same here. If Hell Before Halloween happens again, or something happens near me this summer, I will definitely go and test out my 1.5k turreted maxshot!
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#4 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:00 PM

I hope to get to Apoc and as many MA wars which are around. I really wish I could go to 'geddon too, but it mainly depends on my family's vacation schedule (which isn't looking good).

I love the Classic Phrase.

-OfAll'
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#5 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:04 PM

I hope to get more wars in this year than last. 2 last year, hoping to make at least three this one.

#6 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:00 PM

Damn... I need to get some money and finish the mods that I want to do and get my lazy ass out of work one of these summer days and make it to a war.

*Keeps a keen eye for a war in the northeast*
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#7 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

I'm going to try to make it up for a war this summer, but with gas prices the way they are and my land yacht guzzling gas the way it does it may be cost prohibitive.

PCNO was a fun pre-season (if I may use that term) war, and I hope to appear at some Southeastern events and maybe make it up to a DCNO or even Apoc.

Yay for nerfy goodness.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#8 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:25 AM

I'm definently going to attend my first war this summer. I can finally try out all of my modded guns.
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#9 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:36 AM

Dang it all. I'll be in school until mid June, effectively missing any war I had a chance of going to. Then of course, Skybus shut down, so there went my Armageddon hopes.

Ohio has to pick it up, I guess...
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#10 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:34 PM

Summer already? Please, lets wait until the pollen clears and then its summer. :lol: I can't wait for DCNO concidering how big it's going to be. Biggest one yet? I sure hope so.
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#11 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:49 PM

Summer already? Please, lets wait until the pollen clears and then its summer. :lol: I can't wait for DCNO concidering how big it's going to be. Biggest one yet? I sure hope so.

DCNO is going to be a lot of fun this year. I'm really looking forward to meeting all you guys and making it out to the east coast.

And if all goes well, I might be attending Apoc as well.

#12 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:01 PM

Aight, I'll do my part as a Canadian, I may be able to make it to APOC this year. Hell Before Halloween is a must and I'm working on a war as well.

I really wish I could get out and Nerf more, but there's a lack of Canadian wars. A summer influx may be fun to watch, but still the dumbasses must go.

I monitor the site daily anyway, so if anything pops up I'll see if I can make it if it's close.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#13 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:18 PM

Awesome speech!

...I know that sort of comment isn't really encouraged, so I'll just add:

[singing] D-C-N-O, here I come...not back where I started from. [/singing]

Seems like a pretty good destination, though.

Edited by jwasko, 07 May 2008 - 11:25 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#14 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:31 PM

I really wish I could get out and Nerf more, but there's a lack of Canadian wars.

Yeah... Sorry about that. The church people were kinda like "durr... you wanted access to our washrooms? OH! I thought you said you wanted the people attending your event to crap on the front porch!"

I also tried to rent out the Lazer quest place in Richmond Hill, but I think accidentally pressing "send" before I completed the letter kinda made them decide they shouldn't let me do it... I'm still working on it.

A bit more on topic: the summer is a brilliant time to Nerf people. Get your friends into it and stop complaining about how "nobody Nerfs around you". And unfortunately, unless I find a way to travel to the US, I will not be attending APOC or DCNO, but I will make it out to any Ontario wars. Heck I'll walk there if I need to.

Edited by penguin807, 08 May 2008 - 08:32 PM.

#15 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:51 PM

A bit more on topic: the summer is a brilliant time to Nerf people. Get your friends into it and stop complaining about how "nobody Nerfs around you". And unfortunately, unless I find a way to travel to the US, I will not be attending APOC or DCNO, but I will make it out to any Ontario wars. Heck I'll walk there if I need to.

Excellent point, penguin.

If I read one more post from someone saying "I don't have anyone to Nerf war with", I'm muting your account and altering your signatures to something totally off the wall Effeminate Fail Guy stuff.

NerfHaven is about Nerf and actually going out and USING your stuff to have a good skirmish. If any of you like it so much you ought to be able to get your contemporaries together and show them that it really is a hoot to have a war in the yard/ basement/ church/ schoolyard. I've been doing this for six years now and have had NO problems getting kids AND ADULTS to have fun with foam shooting toys.

I'll probably NEVER be able to fly out to the East Coast from here, and any more of my West Coast trips will be vacations at Disneyland, so other than a possible drop-in to say hi to cxwq, I probably won't make it to a West Coast war either. That doesn't stop me from hosting my own neighborhood wars, at least once-a-couple months.

Bottom line; if you don't use the blasters you modify and actually get-out-and-Nerf, your interest in Nerf will probably be short-lived, as will be your interest in NerfHaven and everything it stands for.

So then,

Nerf on or fuck off.

Now you know why that's the unofficial slogan around here.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users