Photo

I Need Some Ms Help

12 replies to this topic

#1 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:32 PM

Ok I opened up my Iron Man Mag Strike I was going to sand down the walls. I'm not sure if I should, cause I'm keeping the original valve on the bladder. Will it make any difference if I sand down the walls or not? Also a observation, if you buy the Iron Man MS you do not have to put glue on the hole near the winged piece, because it is not there.

Any feedback would be helpful.

Thank you.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#2 Swords

Swords

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:45 PM

I sanded the walls of mine down, but I really don't think it is necessary if you are keeping the original clamp because the stock clamp is the almost the same length as the walls. So even if you did sand them down, the bladder would never reach back there so I don't think it will make such a big difference.
SuperGeek.

#3 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:46 PM

That was my thought to. One more question. I'm going to sand down the OPR valve, what is the recommend times you can pump it?

#4 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:49 PM

In the other MS thread I put up, someone said not to sand down the walls. It's because the bladder will expand too much and possibly get cracks in the rubber which degrade performance after a while. He suggested using bike tubing layered over the stock bladder instead... I didn't bother sanding mine down either. It increases the amount of air you can put in it but otherwise doesn't yield an increase in performance. As of now, it takes about 40 pumps until it stops expanding, enough for a bit over over two clips.

The stock plug works fine, but just to make sure I sanded the nub on the OPR valve and hot-glued the OPR assembly for a better seal.

The winged piece surprised me too. XD

GL with your IMMS!

#5 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:54 PM

Ok, thanks guys. I am going to go back now and just sand down the OPR valve and hot glue it and put it back together. So I should keep the pumps around 40? Or is that to much?

#6 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:58 PM

Ok, thanks guys. I am going to go back now and just sand down the OPR valve and hot glue it and put it back together. So I should keep the pumps around 40? Or is that to much?

40 works absolutely fine. I can take mine a few over 40 before I really can't pump it any more.

#7 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:23 AM

I did the OPR valve mod and it was a success! I am so relieved that I didn't screw anything up. I can fire off two clips at 35 pumps. I happy :P .

#8 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:06 AM

I did the OPR valve mod and it was a success! I am so relieved that I didn't screw anything up. I can fire off two clips at 35 pumps. I happy :P .

Gratz! :D Glad things worked out for you. Next step, PETG barrels, banding the piston and bike tube bladder mod?

Anyone know if just a plain old inner tube will work fine?

#9 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:56 PM

I'm going to do the PETG mod to the clips and maybe do the bike tubing mod. I'm not going to band the piston.
What about you? what are you going to do?

#10 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:41 PM

I'm going to do the PETG mod to the clips and maybe do the bike tubing mod. I'm not going to band the piston.
What about you? what are you going to do?

Ran out of PETG so it might be a few months before I manage to PETG my clips. I'll try both banding the piston and layer bike tubing on the bladder. All of these mods will have to wait until after NUVO's first official war on Saturday, though. Can't have my primary crap out on me right before the main event!

Also, I'm planning a SMDTG integration. I read on CaptainSlug's MS20 thread that the OD for the internal vinyl tubing for the MS is 1/4", and the ID is 3/16" or 5/32", but I need to figure out the OD/ID measurements for the Spideys before I buy anything, so I gotta snoop around on the forums more. Maybe I can ask him to order some more McMaster stuff for me.

Also, the biggest problem I'm having trouble with is deciding where I want the SMDTGs to be mounted.

The best solution I can see right now is mounting the blast chambers on the right side near the front of the tank, with the detonator trigger on the left side of the grip. I'll rig the SMDTG tubing along the walls behind all the MS internals to the bottom where it comes around the base of the bladder and stock pump, and attach to the SMDTG blast chambers on the other side. This way it can be opened up wi ith the tubing still staying attached: the shell would fold open from the bottom. That and I don't want to mount it higher near the piston for obvious reasons. :)

Angel, Slug, if either of you read this, got any tips?

EDIT: In his Marvelous Salvo thread, imaseoulman says that the SMDTGs use 3/16" ID, 1/4" OD vinyl tubing. Just thought I'd make a note here.

Edited by min.tee, 07 May 2008 - 05:49 PM.

#11 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:34 PM

I sanded mine and i am bordering on being able to fire 4 clips.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#12 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:43 PM

Min.tee:
Good luck with all that. I'm not going to do any integrations on mine,yet :) .

P.C. III:
Wow.

#13 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:25 PM

Min.tee:
Good luck with all that. I'm not going to do any integrations on mine,yet :) .

P.C. III:
Wow.

Thanks, I'll need it. I'm also thinking of a bike pump replacement. Boy, I've got dreams for this baby!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users