Handle For Homeades

Maybe something you could use?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Green-Buckshot

Green-Buckshot

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:39 PM

I'm not a big homemade person, so forgive me if this is a useless topic. I really like the handles on the HyperSight line of NERF guns (who doesn't?) and I've noticed that a lot of people "shotty" their BBBs, by removing the cocking handle. Has anyone considered selling these or using these as handles to a homemade gun? I think it would make the guns more comfortable to hold and depending on how it was attached, better looking, cosmetically.

Here's what I mean:

Posted Image

I know it's a crappy paint picture, but you can see how I've got the SNAP trigger inside the empty space that's usually there.
QUOTE(A side of nerf @ May 18 2008, 12:33 PM) View Post

Also, could you post some more revealing pictures?

#2 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:47 PM

It's a good idea, but not to sell. I mean, who would pay $5-10 for a comfortable handle when they can just make a fine one cheaply themselves?
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#3 Green-Buckshot

Green-Buckshot

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:50 PM

Not 5$-10$, but if anyone has dremeled the handle off the BBB and still has it lying around, then you could sell it as a spare part for 0$-5$, rather than tossing it out. :)

#4 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:57 PM

I see. The LS front gun handle could probably be used the same way.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#5 Green-Buckshot

Green-Buckshot

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 03:05 PM

Any handle could really, I just picked the BBB front handle because it seems to get removed a lot.

#6 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:21 PM

The longshot front gun handle works very well. Nobody ever uses it for anything, so they are normally laying around if you have bought a longshot.

I used one on my snap and I love it.
Posted Image
QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Apr 29 2008, 01:24 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Apr 27 2008, 06:11 PM) View Post

What is the best way to go at removing a stump without any power tools? Thanks ahead of time!

Be a man! Use your hands!

#7 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:35 PM

I'm not a big homemade person, so forgive me if this is a useless topic. I really like the handles on the HyperSight line of NERF guns (who doesn't?) and I've noticed that a lot of people "shotty" their BBBs, by removing the cocking handle. Has anyone considered selling these or using these as handles to a homemade gun? I think it would make the guns more comfortable to hold and depending on how it was attached, better looking, cosmetically.

If you're not big on homemades, why did you even make a topic about handles? All of us who ARE making homemades already are creative enough to figure out what we want to do with our home made blasters.

This isn't to belittle you; take it as a challenge to INSPIRE you to take a crack at making a homemade blaster. It really is fun and rewarding when you can actually get the darned thing working! Most of us have had many failures and needed adjustments and tweaks to get their creations optimally working.

As for handles, we just use whatever is handy. Some use NERF blaster pieces, others like me use what they have lying around...like a spotlight handle (I took it apart to salvage the battery for another project (non-Nerf).
Posted Image
That's my "Oh, SNAP!" project from awhile back.

I don't think anyone who is making a homemade would want to buy a front grip piece just for the sake of a handle on a homemade blaster. Many of us would be good with using things and being creative; part of the beauty of scratch-building a blaster.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#8 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:17 AM

Here's what I mean:

Posted Image

Been there, done that: Link

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:47 PM

Posted Image

-Piney-

Holy shitnuggets! That is the most beautiful shade of purple I have ever seen on a blaster. What kind of paint did you use on that? Krylon Fusion? And what is the color called?
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#10 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:11 PM

For my homemades I use a handle like this one. It's made out of two pieces of 1/2in. PVC cut at an angle to fit onto the gun. They are attached by two bolts, and fastened to the gun with Liquid Nails and E-Tape.

Posted Image
Southeast Nerf Contingent

#11 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:45 PM

Posted Image

-Piney-

Holy shitnuggets! That is the most beautiful shade of purple I have ever seen on a blaster. What kind of paint did you use on that? Krylon Fusion? And what is the color called?

Looks like anodized aluminum to me.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users