Fine Melee Weapons I Make

FOAM SWORDS! WOOT!

16 replies to this topic

#1 Dangaard

Dangaard

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:51 PM

I am posting this topic, in response to favorable reviews I recieved in this topic this is my current boffer armory, I think I will add pictures of my armor at a latter date.

edit: Lost other pics post if you want.

Posted Image

Posted Image
hehe foam mug...
Posted Image

Posted Image
Unfinished it still needs foam on the edges, but I took a costume shield from party city, sprayed "great stuff" (Its a expanding spray foam) in thick on the inside of the shield, and then stuck a piece of 1ply on the back and bolted on the handle. cool shield with little effort gotta love it! If you look at the first picture you'll see the front
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
me an my half assed costuming
Posted Image

Edited by Dangaard, 03 May 2008 - 05:11 PM.

Discretion is the better part of valor, thats why I carry a very big axe.

You can fool some people all of the time and everyone some of the time, but you cant fool all the people all of the time, but it sure is fun trying.

What have I got in my pocket? (tolkien)

#2 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:35 PM

I'm sorry...I can't stop laughing at the picture of you with the sword on you shoulder.
But that is irrelevant.
REALLY nice job on all the stuff, it all looks great.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#3 Dangaard

Dangaard

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:03 PM

I'm glad your laughing I think know why, but I wana hear you say it. some people see things I dont, plz tell me.

You can fool some people all of the time and everyone some of the time, but you cant fool all the people all of the time, but it sure is fun trying.

#4 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:14 PM

I'm loving that sword. :blink:

Your challange now; integrate a night finder in one of your foam swords (preferbly make a new foam sword around it) to make a GUN BLADE! :D

Edited by Galaxy613, 03 May 2008 - 06:16 PM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#5 Dangaard

Dangaard

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:20 PM

Alright I'll do it, or mabey a mav.... we'll see

#6 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:31 PM

Alright I'll do it, or mabey a mav.... we'll see

Yeah, the mav would look nicer, and have much better ROF, but it'll suck more. But than again, if you are LARPing, you'll be close to your targets anyways.... ... unless you guys don't line up like in Final Fantasy facing your opponents like I envision in my mind. :blink:
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#7 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:02 PM

Some nice looking weapons, but I have a feeling you didn't make all these just for Nerf?
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#8 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:10 PM

Gunblade

I like my stuff better. (not for nerf of course)
Posted Image
^old picture.

I do need the pants, gambeson, and surcoat though.

Edited by bobafan, 03 May 2008 - 07:10 PM.

thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#9 Dangaard

Dangaard

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:40 PM

my larp is stricktly A high fantasy swords and sorcery type, no machines, so there would be no place for guns.

Nope I make these for myself to use/sell at my larp. I am warrior with skills to use all different types of weapons so I got really good at making them.

Edited by Dangaard, 03 May 2008 - 08:42 PM.

#10 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:49 PM

Those look really nice! Last year, my friend and I sat down and made a ton of boffers, and all of mine ended up having a bad case of ugly. Then again, they were all various kinds of orc-inspired (orcish?) maces, so ugly is to be expected. My friend on the other hand, displayed a level of talent I could never hope to attain. He replicated Nightmare's "Soul Edge" from Soul Calibre, as well as Uruk Hai swords and even an Uruk berserker two-hander. Crazy stuff.

Edited by Rover, 03 May 2008 - 08:50 PM.

#11 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:57 PM

Those look nice. Real piece's of art.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#12 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:04 PM

Dang those are sexy. Sexy enough to inspire me to attempt to make my own. Probably not go as far as start to LARP, but definitely sneak up behind people and hit them. Seriously though, nice freaking job.

But on a more serious note (only half kidding), how many ladies have you gotten by your mad sword making skills? If its not at least 13 a day I think you should boffer them.

#13 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:39 PM

NERO? Because I was thinking of joining a local-ish chapter.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#14 Dangaard

Dangaard

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:48 PM

I play the clanthia campaign on SOLAR

#15 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:13 AM

Aw man, I love making LARP weapons! I made a few rapiers a while ago, maybe I can post pictures later.

...the expressions are your face are really funny.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#16 Daedalin

Daedalin

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:22 AM

I'm curious, what sort of materials do you use on your boffers? Most those *have* to be latex. Either that, or you're some sort of crazy tape-fu master :P Mostly looking for the type of foam, as cores and the like are fairly generic.

A few friends and I have been working on starting up doing the latex thing, and it's easier going than we thought it would be. We're not on true latex just yet, using bedroll foam and plasti-dip, but it's getting there. We've made a pair of Arabian-esque scimitars, four chakram, a dagger, and a bonesaw. Of those, I've only got the last, used for my chirurgeon in a low-fantasy horror larp. I'll dig it up and try to get some pictures.

Edited for some absolutely horrible spelling that I'll most likely have to sacrifice a ream of paper to the Grammar Gods for.

Edited by Daedalin, 05 May 2008 - 07:24 AM.

Power Metal Rule Number Twenty-eight
Songs come in two tempos: Metal and Ballad.

#17 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:57 PM

Posted Image

When I saw this, I did'nt laugh, or cry, I just sat there and died a little.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users